Samuel Jr over Ivey

He gets a Bama bump by a lot of mock draft guys. Half the time they’re just looking at Alabama’s roster and listing draft eligible players.
they play in front of that 7, same like the butch teams Rumph Buchanan. Its a smart business decision for a Corner to play there......their job becomes easier with the pressure up front

Advertisement
they play in front of that 7, same like the butch teams Rumph Buchanan. Its a smart business decision for a Corner to play there......their job becomes easier with the pressure up front
Absolutely, plus they get the added appeal of “Saban coaches his DBs” even though they’ve been very hit and miss when it comes to playing in the league.

It's really just hard to not keep saying it.. Rumph really ****ed up the 2018 CB Class

CBs we Landed -
Al Blades - Very Solid
DJ Ivey - Very Questionable/Potential JAG
Nigel Bethel - JAG/Transfer

CBs we Missed -
Pat Surtain - 1st rd Pick
Josh Jobe - 1st rd Pick
Tyson Campbell - Potential 1st rd Pick
Asante Samuel Jr - Stud
Divaad Wilson - Not far behind the others
Did y'all see those int....a monkey could have made those plays. A kid makes a few plays in a game and now he is god. What about the plays he did not make? This dude is not what you'll think he is and as the season goes on it will show.

I'm not sure who evaluates these DB's but for awhile now Miami has to many S's trying to play CB. Shannon did that dumb chit when he decided to play Randy Phillips at CB cause he wanted bigger corners. That's fine those guys have to be able to run like a cb too. People give blades a pass but he's basically a S caliber guy playing corner too and his long speed is a huge question mark. He's not a one on one cover corner. Seems like rump is recruiting guy like him..questionable long speed, no real short area quickness and bad feet/change of direction. Rump was pretty much a. S playing corner.

I'm not sure who evaluates these DB's but for awhile now Miami has to many S's trying to play CB. Shannon did that dumb chit when he decided to play Randy Phillips at CB cause he wanted bigger corners. That's fine those guys have to be able to run like a cb too. People give blades a pass but he's basically a S caliber guy playing corner too and his long speed is a huge question mark. He's not a one on one cover corner. Seems like rump is recruiting guy like him..questionable long speed, no real short area quickness and bad feet/change of direction. Rump was pretty much a. S playing corner.
Didn’t he play safety on the pros ?

Advertisement
Absolutely, plus they get the added appeal of “Saban coaches his DBs” even though they’ve been very hit and miss when it comes to playing in the league.
Dee Milliner is one of the more colossal DB busts in recent memory.

NINJAS ON HERE STILL ARGUING DRAFT SLOTS AT CB.

NEWSFLASH.....WE PLAY IN THE ACC
2.) WE DONT HAVE ANY DRAFTABLE GUYS EITHER.
3.) IF WE HAVE SOME OF THE MISSES ON THE ROSTER RIGHT NOW WE WOULDNT HAVE A STRIKER PLAYING CORNER OR ROSCOE PARRISH AS OUR 3RD CORNER.

Its pretty simple...also the brigade is consistently hoping n praying Josh Jobe and Tyson Campbell fail to further push along the misses with a look and see moment.

Josh Jobe and Tyson Campbell play on teams with better db rosters and better defensive coaches and they ...play. Had Divaad Wilson came here he would be a starter as well

Saying Campbell is better than Ivey isn’t exactly ground breaking news. Still, he’s a junior and hasn’t cracked the starting lineup at UGA. Nobody is going to tell me that guy is some kind of superstar.

Advertisement
NINJAS ON HERE STILL ARGUING DRAFT SLOTS AT CB.

NEWSFLASH.....WE PLAY IN THE ACC
2.) WE DONT HAVE ANY DRAFTABLE GUYS EITHER.
3.) IF WE HAVE SOME OF THE MISSES ON THE ROSTER RIGHT NOW WE WOULDNT HAVE A STRIKER PLAYING CORNER OR ROSCOE PARRISH AS OUR 3RD CORNER.

Its pretty simple...also the brigade is consistently hoping n praying Josh Jobe and Tyson Campbell fail to further push along the misses with a look and see moment.

Josh Jobe and Tyson Campbell play on teams with better db rosters and better defensive coaches and they ...play. Had Divaad Wilson came here he would be a starter as well

gogeta ain't never lied.

Miami should, *every single year* have 3 Trajan Bandys on the roster. Chip-on-their-shoulder, quick *** jitterbug dudes who live for football and popping someone as hard as they can in the mouth every single down. If they don't work at corner they can play nickel stuff and ST studs. CB is one position where attitude goes a LONG, LONG *** way if the quicks/hips are there. Size is an absolutely luxury, and we aren't in the luxury phase as a program right now.

Every So Florida HS football team I've ever seen has a couple of these dudes on it. How the **** Miami ain't gonna have decent WRs/CBs??????????????????????????????

I loved Samuel (compared him to Vernon Hargreaves Jr. in my '18 writeup) and we should've taken both.

But don't throw dirt on Ivey yet. There are a lot of snaps where he smothers guys. PFF put out a tweet that had him among the nation's leaders in "shutdown" games. The key is going to be eliminating the bad moments. These seem to be correctable (turning his head the right way, not spacing out on a fake punt) but it's also possible he just doesn't have "it."

Let's not make the problem worse by making him a social-media scapegoat and messing with his confidence. Criticism is fair, but I hate when one player becomes a default punching bag.

Saying Campbell is better than Ivey isn’t exactly ground breaking news. Still, he’s a junior and hasn’t cracked the starting lineup at UGA. Nobody is going to tell me that guy is some kind of superstar.
Tyson was a starter before injury there. Not saying he is a super star....just those types NEED to be on this roster.

gogeta ain't never lied.

Miami should, *every single year* have 3 Trajan Bandys on the roster. Chip-on-their-shoulder, quick *** jitterbug dudes who live for football and popping someone as hard as they can in the mouth every single down. If they don't work at corner they can play nickel stuff and ST studs. CB is one position where attitude goes a LONG, LONG *** way if the quicks/hips are there. Size is an absolutely luxury, and we aren't in the luxury phase as a program right now.

Every So Florida HS football team I've ever seen has a couple of these dudes on it. How the **** Miami ain't gonna have decent WRs/CBs??????????????????????????????

Swag you been around since Randy was trying out all incoming safeties at corner.

We are essentially SOOOO picky at the corner spot and i dont get it. They have let countless kids who would be great players here go elsewhere due to measurables or whatever. The list is long ...just locally.

Give me some guys like Tim Burns who just want to cover guys, and talk sh*t....Its what i saw in Asante Samuels Jr and some of it is already coming out with him ( his dad is the definition of a s.fla dog corner). Keep in mind i dont htink he plays early..but i like sticky guys like that

Keep in mind i would still have recruited Ivey...but we legitimately need guys to push our starters..Ivey is pretty comfortable...in fact all of our cbs are comfortable because we cant afford to lose any of em. I wont be cool unless we have legitmate cbs transferring out due to lack of pt. Thats when i know we are back to our true recruitment at the position.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Tyson was a starter before injury there. Not saying he is a super star....just those types NEED to be on this roster.
He'd definitely be an upgrade over some of our guys. My comment was more directed to the dude who said he was a first rounder. If we had signed a 5 star corner but then brought in a grad transfer to start ahead of him during his junior year, this board would be going insane.

He'd definitely be an upgrade over some of our guys. My comment was more directed to the dude who said he was a first rounder. If we had signed a 5 star corner but then brought in a grad transfer to start ahead of him during his junior year, this board would be going insane.
Not a first rounder currently

Advertisement
I loved Samuel (compared him to Vernon Hargreaves Jr. in my '18 writeup) and we should've taken both.

But don't throw dirt on Ivey yet. There are a lot of snaps where he smothers guys. PFF put out a tweet that had him among the nation's leaders in "shutdown" games. The key is going to be eliminating the bad moments. These seem to be correctable (turning his head the right way, not spacing out on a fake punt) but it's also possible he just doesn't have "it."

Let's not make the problem worse by making him a social-media scapegoat and messing with his confidence. Criticism is fair, but I hate when one player becomes a default punching bag.
Come on man...come on.

on a corner route with safety sitting in the middle helping him out, he can’t even stay on the high shoulder of a UAB WR & turns his head back inside this totally losing the ball. He needs 2 more years. Lolol

He’s really bad when it counts & PFF is Basura.

Swag you been around since Randy was trying out all incoming safeties at corner.

We are essentially SOOOO picky at the corner spot and i dont get it. They have let countless kids who would be great players here go elsewhere due to measurables or whatever. The list is long ...just locally.

Give me some guys like Tim Burns who just want to cover guys, and talk sh*t....Its what i saw in Asante Samuels Jr and some of it is already coming out with him ( his dad is the definition of a s.fla dog corner). Keep in mind i dont htink he plays early..but i like sticky guys like that

Keep in mind i would still have recruited Ivey...but we legitimately need guys to push our starters..Ivey is pretty comfortable...in fact all of our cbs are comfortable because we cant afford to lose any of em. I wont be cool unless we have legitmate cbs transferring out due to lack of pt. Thats when i know we are back to our true recruitment at the position.

tim burns is a JAG! Wish we could drop him.

The question shouldn’t have been Asante over Ivey. It was supposed to be Asante over Nigel bethel...

Advertisement
Back