Samuel Jr over Ivey

This thread is a perfect example of a sunshine pumper who puts his fingers over his ears and yells "Troll!" if someone else does anything other than join along in the sunshine pumping.

Disagree with the merits of the argument? Fine. But a lot of people who are called "trolls" on here are really just people saying things you don't want to hear.

Yes, the coaches know more football than posters here. But that doesn't mean they're infallible or not flawed in certain areas. The coaches can be wrong. We can disagree with them without thinking we know more football than them. It's just an opinion.

I bet there's a Robert Knowles or Ryan Mayes thread where somebody said, "I don't know you guys, his tape doesn't look that good to me." and got unleashed upon by posters defending coaches and calling that poster a troll.

Imagine thinking @Tee3000 was a troll. For Christ sake. smh

Advertisement
It's really just hard to not keep saying it.. Rumph really ****ed up the 2018 CB Class

CBs we Landed -
Al Blades - Very Solid
DJ Ivey - Very Questionable/Potential JAG
Nigel Bethel - JAG/Transfer

CBs we Missed -
Pat Surtain - 1st rd Pick
Josh Jobe - 1st rd Pick
Tyson Campbell - Potential 1st rd Pick
Asante Samuel Jr - Stud
Divaad Wilson - Not far behind the others
Jobe is nowhere near a first round pick. Campbell has struggled at UGA and Wilson couldn’t get in the field and is now at UCF. Besides, the only guys we had a legit chance at were Samuel and Wilson. I don’t care what anybody here says, Surtain and Campbell were NEVER interested. Right now I think I’d still take the guys we had a chance at though. Especially Samuel.

It's really just hard to not keep saying it.. Rumph really ****ed up the 2018 CB Class

CBs we Landed -
Al Blades - Very Solid

CBs we Missed -
Josh Jobe - 1st rd Pick
Asante Samuel Jr - Stud

Scorchometer gives the Jobe, Campbell, Wilson takes an early morning 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥

Adding Surtain, who was never coming here to the mix made that 4th 🔥 a no brainer.

Jobe is nowhere near a first round pick. Campbell has struggled at UGA and Wilson couldn’t get in the field and is now at UCF. Besides, the only guys we had a legit chance at were Samuel and Wilson. I don’t care what anybody here says, Surtain and Campbell were NEVER interested. Right now I think I’d still take the guys we had a chance at though. Especially Samuel.
Jobe is projected first

M
Here come revisionist History... MANNY didn't give the Green light on Jaden Davis or Samuels earlier in the season. Name me 1 CB in Manny history of being a coach that went Day 1. I keep y'all his scheme doesn't care about good CB play. Maybe you need to go watch the game that go him FIRED from Texas.
Manny with linebackers and corners are real sus they always have been sus.

Advertisement
Staff really took Ivey or Samuel...

president obama i was a little hurt by that GIF

Jobe is projected first

No Jobe in these mock first round draft:

No Jobe in this two round mock draft:

No Jobe in this THREE round mock draft:

Advertisement
By who? I’ve seen Surtain, Waddle, Devonta Smith, Dylan Moses, even Alex Leatherwood projected in the first round but I’ve never seen a mention of Jobe.
Projected meaning early mocks have him as a first rounder.

Some mocks

Advertisement
Patrick Surtain can be a first rounder. He's really good.

Tyson Campbell has a long way to go to be 1st round. I would be baffled by a draft projection with him that high.

Jobe? 1st round? He'd go 5th round max if the draft were today. He needs a boatload more film. He's also old, which works against you in the draft.

Seems like we've been having this size discussion at CB for 10+ years. You take the **** playmaker at CB every single time. It's really not that **** hard.

I agree with this also 5'10 and 5' 11 is enough size but we seem to look away from these corners

Advertisement
Patrick Surtain can be a first rounder. He's really good.

Tyson Campbell has a long way to go to be 1st round. I would be baffled by a draft projection with him that high.

Jobe? 1st round? He'd go 5th round max if the draft were today. He needs a boatload more film. He's also old, which works against you in the draft.
He gets a Bama bump by a lot of mock draft guys. Half the time they’re just looking at Alabama’s roster and listing draft eligible players.

CBs we Landed -
Al Blades - Very Solid

CBs we Missed -
Josh Jobe - 1st rd Pick

Asante Samuel Jr - Stud
GIF by memecandy

SMH welp hopefully this teaches us that size isn't everything. Samuel should have been a cane.

Advertisement
Back