Samuel Jr over Ivey

Ima be honest. I just watched DJ Ivey for the first time.. came away underwhelm.. Thought he was gonna be fire.. dude look sluggish and slow.. tbh.. Im tired of the "3 star having more potential the the highly recruited 4 stars" talk.. we been doing that for like 10 years and that ain't get us no where.. and it never going to.. I'd take Samuel over Ivey with no regrets. The only thing DJ has on Asante is size.. but the goal should be to grab both since our depth at CB is trash.

I'll give Ivey the benefit of the doubt since I only saw his Soph. film since he was hurt his junior year. but as of now.. I'm unimpressed maybe his senior year can change that

I'll let Richt know later today when we go golfing that ChosenOne thinks Ivey is no Bueno. I'm sure he'll be thankful for the info

Why is "I'll let the coaching staff know your thoughts" type of post keep popping up? Its like people can't give their opinions on recruit/commit if it's not positive.

Advertisement
Ivey is 6'2 and Samuel is 5'8.

Ivey has more upside while Samuel may be a better pure cover corner right now.

We just lost a db in Ced Wright maybe we can take 5 corners and 3 safeties in this class. If I'm loading up on a db class it would be this one

Cb
Blades
Jobe
campbell
Ivey
Samuel

Safety
Hall
Frierson
Russell

This is what we should recruit towards in this class

You think we have legit shot to land all of those elite CBs?

Yes.

Ima be honest. I just watched DJ Ivey for the first time.. came away underwhelm.. Thought he was gonna be fire.. dude look sluggish and slow.. tbh.. Im tired of the "3 star having more potential the the highly recruited 4 stars" talk.. we been doing that for like 10 years and that ain't get us no where.. and it never going to.. I'd take Samuel over Ivey with no regrets. The only thing DJ has on Asante is size.. but the goal should be to grab both since our depth at CB is trash.

I'll give Ivey the benefit of the doubt since I only saw his Soph. film since he was hurt his junior year. but as of now.. I'm unimpressed maybe his senior year can change that

I'll let Richt know later today when we go golfing that ChosenOne thinks Ivey is no Bueno. I'm sure he'll be thankful for the info

Why is "I'll let the coaching staff know your thoughts" type of post keep popping up? Its like people can't give their opinions on recruit/commit if it's not positive.

Ya this. If we all have to take the staffs evals as gospel this will be a really boring recruiting board

They can, but why can't "I'll let the staff know" post pop up?

Samuel is a legit 5'10 and is SPECIAL! Ivey = JAG imo.

Bro, your troll game needs a lot of work. :laughing-1:

Only idiots think a real opinion is trolling but then again you fluffers think if someone doesn't have 2,000 posts and eaten your crappy food at a tailgate then they are trolling.

Please change the hamster that's running around on a wheel that powers your brain!

Last edited:
Advertisement

Only idiots think a real opinion is trolling but then again you fluffers think if someone doesn't have 2,000 posts and eaten your crappy food at a tailgate then they are trolling.

Please change the hamster that's running around on a wheel that powers your brain!

:ttdG2M10mxVZxan.jpg

Seriously boy, everyone knows you're a troll. All you do is ***** on current or likely commits and suck off kids who don't have offers or won't be Canes. I laugh at the retards who fall for your act! lulz.

Here's a tip for newb trolls like you: BE MORE SUBTLE.

Hard to tell how good Ivey is because he didn't play last year. We can tell how good Samuel is. He's shown everyone.

I put a little less stock in size at CB than most people. I put more stock in cover ability and toughness and short memories. That's one of the reasons I love Bandy so much.

Seriously boy, everyone knows you're a troll. All you do is ***** on current or likely commits and suck off kids who don't have offers or won't be Canes. I laugh at the retards who fall for your act! lulz.

Close your mouth child.

You internet weirdos sitting around calling people trolls because they don't guzzle **** and balls of of every single kid we've offered/committed need to really open the blinds in your house and get some sun you little pale peon.

Samuel has an OFFER from UM and I guess the 40 plus more schools that have offered Samuel over Ivey (only 6 D1 offers) don't know WTF they are talking about.

Shut the **** up and get a brain and quit using it as a hammer to insert nails into plywood you village idiot.

Close your mouth child.

You internet weirdos sitting around calling people trolls because they don't guzzle **** and balls of of every single kid we've offered/committed need to really open the blinds in your house and get some sun you little pale peon.

Samuel has an OFFER from UM and I guess the 40 plus more schools that have offered Samuel over Ivey (only 6 D1 offers) don't know WTF they are talking about.

Shut the **** up and get a brain and quit using it as a hammer to insert nails into plywood you village idiot.

Vintage 3 Stacks

Was waiting on this reply.

Lol.

Advertisement

Close your mouth child.

Vintage 3 Stacks

Was waiting on this reply.

Lol.

lololol you know me!

That dude was birthed out of the ****** into a toilet.

Close your mouth child.

:t5diA6fawIHW78.jpg:

Boy, why you gettin so worked up? This is like rule #2 on how NOT to be an effective troll. Samuel is hot garbage compared to Ivey. Staff wanted Ivey for a year now, Samuel is just now getting any love from Jefe Diaz. That tells you all you need to know about how the two compare.

I love Ivey & think he has a ton of upside...

I'm also a huge Asante Samuel Jr fan, imo he's the best pure cover corner in the 2018 class.

I'm aware OP is trolling, but this isn't a situation where people should be bashing Asante Jr just because OP is doing what he's doing.

I'm not saying I would take one over the other, but I would absolutely take both in this class.

I'm trolling because I think Samuel JR is the better CB ?

Yeah okay....

Close your mouth child.

Boy, why you gettin so worked up? This is like rule #2 on how NOT to be an effective troll. Samuel is hot garbage compared to Ivey. Staff wanted Ivey for a year now, Samuel is just now getting any love from Jefe Diaz. That tells you all you need to know about how the two compare.

Right...bc OUR defensive staff that hasn't put any 1st round or pro bowl CB/S/DB in the NFL is now the gurus of DB's over FSU, OSU, Bama, LSU, etc that seem to turn them out every year. God forbid we have an opinion!

I got it now...you're related to DJ Ivey.

He'll be down in Miami for the Miami Nike camp...I can't wait to see the 1on1 tape.

I hope he does well Mr. Ivey.

Advertisement
I love Ivey & think he has a ton of upside...

I'm also a huge Asante Samuel Jr fan, imo he's the best pure cover corner in the 2018 class.

I'm aware OP is trolling, but this isn't a situation where people should be bashing Asante Jr just because OP is doing what he's doing.

I'm not saying I would take one over the other, but I would absolutely take both in this class.

I'm trolling because I think Samuel JR is the better CB ?

Yeah okay....

Too many of these dudes are pure idiots on this board man!

I think it's hard to make the argument that DJ Ivey is better than Asante considering Asante looks like a stud covering guys while we haven't really seen anything out of Ivey due to injury.

If I had to guess I would probably say the staff views Ivey as having better upside due to his size.

Remember how the staff initially slow played Bandy last year? Could be a similar situation with Asante.

Advertisement

Close your mouth child.

Samuel has great feet and hips that boy can cover and I haven't seen **** from DJ. Asante is a high rated db because he's good period end of story

If you're opinion is based on thinking Ivey is "slow and sluggish", then its a dumb opinion.

Ivey is fast, and definitely faster than Samuel. Samuel might be quicker and a better cover corner, but its ridiculous to tear Ivey down just to boost Samuel.

Both guys are Miami-caliber players and its a good problem to have

Ivey is 6'2 and Samuel is 5'8.

Ivey has more upside while Samuel may be a better pure cover corner right now.

i get the whole upside thing...but Samuel's upside is just as great as Ivey....his background (All-Pro father) and technique set him apart....I think he's the best corner period...that's including south FL and the whole entire state.....we only talk about Ivey because he's a couple inches taller...most not all of the great corners in the pros are 5'10 to 6'1.....

Advertisement
Back