Samuel Jr over Ivey

I want both but some of y'all are overhyping Ivey for a kid who missed his whole junior year. We'll get to see how really good he is now though since he's healthy.

Advertisement
I love Ivey & think he has a ton of upside...

I'm also a huge Asante Samuel Jr fan, imo he's the best pure cover corner in the 2018 class.

I'm aware OP is trolling, but this isn't a situation where people should be bashing Asante Jr just because OP is doing what he's doing.

I'm not saying I would take one over the other, but I would absolutely take both in this class.

I'm also a huge Asante Samuel Jr fan, imo he's the best pure cover corner in the 2018 class.

I'm aware OP is trolling, but this isn't a situation where people should be bashing Asante Jr just because OP is doing what he's doing.

I'm not saying I would take one over the other, but I would absolutely take both in this class.

100%. Asante seems to have that intangible that a young Revis had, that he almost runs the route for the WR..

Advertisement
Ivey is 6'2 and Samuel is 5'8.

Ivey has more upside while Samuel may be a better pure cover corner right now.

We just lost a db in Ced Wright maybe we can take 5 corners and 3 safeties in this class. If I'm loading up on a db class it would be this one

Cb
Blades
Jobe
campbell
Ivey
Samuel

Safety
Hall
Frierson
Russell

This is what we should recruit towards in this class

5 cb's is way to many

Add in 5* 2019 CB Dent

Jobe isn't a corner. Pete has said a few times that while he is great at corner he is going to be a star FS. You just can't pass that up. 4&4 is fine by me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but he's also said they plan on playing Frierson at CB.

Yup. They're both very good prospects. Complimenting one doesn't necessarily mean downgrading the other.

Advertisement

We just lost a db in Ced Wright maybe we can take 5 corners and 3 safeties in this class. If I'm loading up on a db class it would be this one

Cb
Blades
Jobe
campbell
Ivey
Samuel

Safety
Hall
Frierson
Russell

5 cb's is way to many

Add in 5* 2019 CB Dent

Jobe isn't a corner. Pete has said a few times that while he is great at corner he is going to be a star FS. You just can't pass that up. 4&4 is fine by me.

but he's also said they plan on playing Frierson at CB.

You right. But I think if they can leave him at safety to fit another corner it's s no brainer.

1*GBKqOmb_gKkEwCYqN-fBPw.jpg

Advertisement

Cb
Blades
Jobe
campbell
Ivey
Samuel

Safety
Hall
Frierson
Russell

5 cb's is way to many

Add in 5* 2019 CB Dent

so what you're saying is that Miami is getting way too many CB's and UiF can't get anything but leftovers

Advertisement
Ima be honest. I just watched DJ Ivey for the first time.. came away underwhelm.. Thought he was gonna be fire.. dude look sluggish and slow.. tbh.. Im tired of the "3 star having more potential the the highly recruited 4 stars" talk.. we been doing that for like 10 years and that ain't get us no where.. and it never going to.. I'd take Samuel over Ivey with no regrets. The only thing DJ has on Asante is size.. but the goal should be to grab both since our depth at CB is trash.

I'll give Ivey the benefit of the doubt since I only saw his Soph. film since he was hurt his junior year. but as of now.. I'm unimpressed maybe his senior year can change that

Last edited:
Ima be honest. I just watched DJ Ivey for the first time.. came away underwhelm.. Thought he was gonna be fire.. dude look sluggish and slow.. tbh.. Im tired of the "3 star having more potential the the highly recruited 4 stars" talk.. we been doing that for like 10 years and that ain't get us no where.. and it never going to.. I'd take Samuel over Ivey with no regrets. The only thing DJ has on Asante is size.. but the goal should be to grab both since our depth at CB is trash.

I'll give Ivey the benefit of the doubt since I only saw his Soph. film since he was hurt his junior year. but as of now.. I'm unimpressed maybe his senior year can change that

I'll let Richt know later today when we go golfing that ChosenOne thinks Ivey is no Bueno. I'm sure he'll be thankful for the info

Dumbest thread lf 2017.

Only read thr title.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back