2023 Samson Okunlola, 2023 OT, MA - ANNOUNCEMENT TBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad Tejada just now on a space:

Samson and a few other guys already committed to the staff, but Mario has them hold off announcing to keep momentum going.
Just so dumb to put that out there if true. If you’re privy to information like that just so stupid to blurt out imo. At least so directly. It’s one thing to drop hints and whatever like but to flat out say it I don’t think is a good look

Advertisement
SMH Silents aren't real

we've been down this road too many times before
I think there's a difference between a "silent" who tells the staff they are committing but doesn't want it announced "yet", vs a "silent" who tells the staff they are committing, and would otherwise announce but the staff asks them not to for strategic reasons.

Not saying it’s not true but getting those guys on board creates more momentum than having them space it out

There is recency bias out there though. We fire all of our bullets, and we own the PR cycle in a big way. But it's the law of diminishing returns, we get a big commit and we're the news, we add another one or two right there and we're... still in the news. Weaponizing a commit when you need it is very valuable. When our rivals start to have a good day/week/month if we have little left in the tank to combat it it can "feel" like we are falling off, even though we are way ahead. You have to master the PR cycle. Mario and his recruiting staff are clearly all over this.

Advertisement
Just so dumb to put that out there if true. If you’re privy to information like that just so stupid to blurt out imo. At least so directly. It’s one thing to drop hints and whatever like but to flat out say it I don’t think is a good look
He most likely wont be privy to such info going forward if it ruins some peoples big moments....

loose lips, sink ships...

Or maybe he’s privy to it because Mario (indirectly) made him privy to and wants him to put it out there

Advertisement
I’d imagine we have Popo and Bonsu this week. Wayne was such a huge commit that there was no need for anyone to go public. I’d imagine if Okunlola would go public it would be this weekend and then we have the kids making their choices on the 23rd
The 20th is the middle of next week. We have no expected announcements over this coming weekend so im thinking someone sets a date this week for the weekend then its Bonsu mid next week, the Joenel, Kirkland and Malik Bryant on the 23rd.

SMH Silents aren't real

we've been down this road too many times before
woman up GIF by Paradise Hotel

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why some of us as fan love bringing down a current player on the team for another player/recruit that’s not even on the team. Plus ain’t no way a HS recruit better than a player that’s been starting for 3 yrs. Make sense.
He doesn’t call himself Krazy for nothing. He’s been dogging on Zion for the longest time whose been our best OL for a while now. Projects as a 1st round pick by numerous draft analysts but apparently a high school senior is better than him. Makes total sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back