2023 Samson Okunlola, 2023 OT, MA - ANNOUNCEMENT TBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome. Any clues on which other guys? Seems like for the most part anyone who moves their commitment date around on a whim is ours (except Jalen Brown).

He could definitely be drawing out the OL targets specifically to time it best for Baxter.
I’d imagine we have Popo and Bonsu this week. Wayne was such a huge commit that there was no need for anyone to go public. I’d imagine if Okunlola would go public it would be this weekend and then we have the kids making their choices on the 23rd

Advertisement
Mario may have it more under control than we used to for sure haha but I would not be telling a 5 star OT to “hold off”
Didn’t sound like they just told them to hold off.. but yea, you gotta have supreme confidence to tell one of the top few recruits to NOT announce asap.

Advertisement
He's getting our fans addicted too haha. The past several years I checked CIS once per month. Now I'm checking 20 times a day.

This board is fun in a good way now. Used to be awesome for venting 😂 especially the game day board
Remember just last year the recruiting board had tumbleweeds and spiderwebs everywhere..

tumbleweed GIF

Not saying it’s not true but getting those guys on board creates more momentum than having them space it out
True for July, but if he continues to load them
Up this month in between dates (gaps that create lulls), then we can keep the same orange and green wave going. Then season prep starts in August and he can focus on that and keeping relationships strong and welcoming some 24 kids.
We’ve got Aguirre tomorrow, someone on the 16th, Bonsu on the 20th and a group on the 23rd (Bryant? and Kirkland). Kinsler is now the 28th my guess is someone gets let out of the bag in 13-15th range for this week and someone else between 23 and 28th.

Out of the guys that haven’t announced that we are suspecting and don’t have commit dates already are Samson and Alinen. I can’t imagine that we have a silent WR (Unless is Jean and he is playing it really well). The two target safeties have commit dates and so do 2/3 LBs which leave Stanquon Clark as a possible silent yet to be named. And not sure what things look like on the DLine except that we got one of our 3 target ends and the other 2 (M’Pemba and Harbor) will likely announce in season or on signing day (and Bain could be a possibility that is playing the game with Bama but already a silent to Mario…but I doubt it).

Could be interesting if true.

Advertisement
True for July, but if he continues to load them
Up this month in between dates (gaps that create lulls), then we can keep the same orange and green wave going. Then season prep starts in August and he can focus on that and keeping relationships strong and welcoming some 24 kids.
We’ve got Aguirre tomorrow, someone on the 16th, Bonsu on the 20th and a group on the 23rd (Bryant? and Kirkland). Kinsler is now the 28th my guess is someone gets let out of the bag in 13-15th range for this week and someone else between 23 and 28th.

Out of the guys that haven’t announced that we are suspecting and don’t have commit dates already are Samson and Alinen. I can’t imagine that we have a silent WR (Unless is Jean and he is playing it really well). The two target safeties have commit dates and so do 2/3 LBs which leave Stanquon Clark as a possible silent yet to be named. And not sure what things look like on the DLine except that we got one of our 3 target ends and the other 2 (M’Pemba and Harbor) will likely announce in season or on signing day (and Bain could be a possibility that is playing the game with Bama but already a silent to Mario…but I doubt it).

Could be interesting if true.
I thought Bonsu is now on the 14th?

Brad Tejada just now on a space:

Samson and a few other guys already committed to the staff, but Mario has them hold off announcing to keep momentum going.
I’ve actually been thinking, and wondering if this was the case. Something told me Mario was the reason. Having a big time commit every week keeps the attention on us every week.

This is why we have silent commits. Some of you get all worked up about it. You line up their announcements to create the most buzz around the program. Mario could have commits lines up all the way to game day and then kick *** on the field and recruits will flock. Chess not checkers fellas

Advertisement
10x better than Zion Nelson out of highschool and probably better than him now if we are being honest. Nelson doesn’t have anywhere near the physical power that Samson and Francis have.
Why some of us as fan love bringing down a current player on the team for another player/recruit that’s not even on the team. Plus ain’t no way a HS recruit better than a player that’s been starting for 3 yrs. Make sense.

Advertisement
This is why we have silent commits. Some of you get all worked up about it. You line up their announcements to create the most buzz around the program. Mario could have commits lines up all the way to game day and then kick *** on the field and recruits will flock. Chess not checkers fellas
SMH Silents aren't real

we've been down this road too many times before
^ here’s one of those worked up posters now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back