2023 Samson Okunlola 2.0 - Commits to UM12/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn’t concerned anyways
lying top gun GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
As someone who has spent significant time in Boston, Columbus Ohio, and south Florida.

If he’s trying to maximize his brand, Miami is 10000% the better option.

Yeah in Columbus they might name a breakfast meal after you, but in Miami you could realistically open up a breakfast joint when connected to the right people. The opportunities are so much more plentiful in south Florida.

I know nothing about Gainesville…but I can’t imagine it being able to compete with Columbus, mind you south Florida in terms of brand building. Does Tebow even have brand recognition there anymore? I know he’s popular but does he actually still have a presence?

I know in Boston it has been super easy for patriots players to build brands here. **** David Ortiz is still plastered all over the city here. Is it still like that for Tebow in Gainesville?

Seems like Marino and wade have solid brands in south Florida still. Felt like D king had a brand there for a while
youre not wrong but i will say for CFB, it isnt this massive presence here. you cannot compare a random OL that most of the casual fan doesnt know bc they dont follow recruiting to an NBA HOFer adn the greatest player in heat history and the greatest QB in dolphins history lol. come on now. kings presence wasnt huge by any means and he was our most famous player prolly in the last 10 years aside from duke. like thats not even a fair cmparison lol. miami isnt this massive college market and the locals dont really care as much about it compared to the heat or fins. look the cavinder twins had the largest NIL portfolio out of fresno state lol.

Advertisement
also the irony that you guys are now using NIL opportunities for samson to come here but bash Rashada in the other thread for getting a larger NIL deal lol
I think the problem some have with Rashada is if you're just looking for the biggest bag then why commit to a school. Keep your recruitment open like Samson is.

I think the problem some have with Rashada is if you're just looking for the biggest bag then why commit to a school. Keep your recruitment open like Samson is.
commitments are non binding. all we know is UF upped their bag (suppsoedly bc all we have is info from D money that makes us sound like bitter gator fans when Rashada chose us over UF). he couldve saw our offense and said im good (we broke 2.5 QBs this year, we dont have a strong WR class currently committed, and we dont have a RB committed yet and the previous lock is now up in the air). i think its likely Rashada chose the bag but we wont know for sure. either way, as i said theyre non binding and theyre as good as nothing until they sign.

its recruiting. dont be salty and dont bash the kid cause he felt like he wanted to go elsewhere. we didnt have an issue with rashada when he was a cane and were excited about him. now its he sucks and im good with someone else. come on dont get salty. kids will flip to us too and those schools will say the kid chose Ruizs bag. **** that may even be true. if mario goes out and lands another QB in this class, will the line be the coaches are good w just emory? as a rule of thumb, you always bring in a QB a year and i say 2 actually. kids transfer out and QBs have a high bust rate (emory could suck or be great and same for rashada). were looking at losing possibly TVD and Garcia leaving us with matocha, Brown, and possibly emory if he sticks. thats not a great room.

Yeah in Columbus they might name a breakfast meal after you, but in Miami you could realistically open up a breakfast joint when connected to the right people. The opportunities are so much more plentiful in south Florida.

careful what you wish for -- bob evans HQ is a stone's throw from ohio state campus

Advertisement
I’ve lived in the Boston area my whole life and just can’t see a kid from here going to Gainesville over Miami
i think he comes here but he wouldnt be the first MA kid to go to UF. a bay area kid chose Tuscaloosa lol. it can happen and every kid looks for diff things as its only for a few years. either way, im not worried about UF.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back