2023 Samson Okunlola 2.0 - Commits to UM12/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I don't understand how the central and south FL WR's, the ELITE ELITE ones, just keep it moving when it comes to considering playing at UM or UF. Like y'all knew EARLY that Jalen Brown and Innis wasn't coming to Miami but i'm like how in the **** did it come to where that's so set in stone? Tyler Williams visited UF once this cycle and threw us to the bushes quick lol. I went back at looked at the class of 2021 WR's and the elite kids (at the time that is, a lot of em have been huge bust so far lol) didn't even seriously consider UM or UF from the state of Florida.
Yeah I’ve always separated the guys that blow us off for the Bama/UGAs of the world and the ones that opt for UF/FSU

I think our NIL will keep some of these guys home now along with our recruiters because we were just sending our coaches into war with butter knives for those kids. Richt proved he could recruit at UGA with the resources but he had a tough time here. Manny was just a **** recruiter so kinda toss that out.

But so many times we were out of the game before it even began I think those days are done though but it’s still gonna be a lot to convince some of the football factory guys to come here unless we win some games. I don’t think that’s the #1 factor but it can play in if all other things are equal

It has to stop somewhere, but with who? No idea, we’re throwing the kitchen sink at Inniss and still it’s like pulling teeth.

Also doesn’t help that no one in their right mind would play for Gattis.

True about Gattis. Yea that's a toughie lol. But I mean, Ja'Cory Brooks, Mario Williams, etc look at us at cannon fodder lol. If neither one of us sign a consensus top 10 WR next cycle, there needs to be an investigation held lol

We're getting Trader in '24 🤞

AmbitiousLightCardinal-size_restricted.gif

Advertisement
Everyone is using NIL to help recruiting, don't do that

everytime UF gets a recruit, y'all have excuses about NIL that y'all don't use when y'all land recruits.
Mario, and seemingly our fans, have learned well from Nick Saban. We don’t pay players. Am I doing this right?

All I was saying was that Mario was showing he can recruit in the south (which is a diff animal than recruiting out there in the Pac-12 against only predominantly USC and Idk why I even had to spell that out for folks) and folks in here started getting emotional and defensive lol.

And what i'm saying, and i've said it in Gator Tears months ago, ask the homie @RVACane, that I said Billy learned over the summer, recruiting at a P5 is cut throat. All that "building relationships" recruiting that he was doing like Mullen was doing, was getting him bodied. Notice how swiftly that NIL mess this summer got cleared up and we just recently launched a UF affiliated NIL site. No one on this site had the balls to agree with me that UF would finish in the top 10 in recruiting this cycle and look at where we sit now.

Just saying....the fact that UF has folks on this board and social media following our OV weekend like private investigators shows Billy getting his footing in recruiting. I've always said that both schools are going to beat each other for kids in head to head battles for years to come but most of everyone in here was acting like Miami was just going to get any and everyone when going head to head with UF. It don't work like that

you're sitting at 11 - so not top 10 yet.
This is what I said: https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/gator-tears.118500/page-2698#post-5984545

Clearly yall flipping Rashada from us massively helped youre guy's rankings. Like without the Rashada flip, yall are probably below PSU like I said. And that's with all your 5 highest rated commits coming after I said that...

btw you responded to that saying if yall don't get Cormani it's a fail no matter what lol.
can't remember what your bet was either....

All I was saying was that Mario was showing he can recruit in the south (which is a diff animal than recruiting out there in the Pac-12 against only predominantly USC and Idk why I even had to spell that out for folks) and folks in here started getting emotional and defensive lol.

And what i'm saying, and i've said it in Gator Tears months ago, ask the homie @RVACane, that I said Billy learned over the summer, recruiting at a P5 is cut throat. All that "building relationships" recruiting that he was doing like Mullen was doing, was getting him bodied. Notice how swiftly that NIL mess this summer got cleared up and we just recently launched a UF affiliated NIL site. No one on this site had the balls to agree with me that UF would finish in the top 10 in recruiting this cycle and look at where we sit now.

Just saying....the fact that UF has folks on this board and social media following our OV weekend like private investigators shows Billy getting his footing in recruiting. I've always said that both schools are going to beat each other for kids in head to head battles for years to come but most of everyone in here was acting like Miami was just going to get any and everyone when going head to head with UF. It don't work like that

Slow your horses ole son, you still not in the top 10

Everyone read the Brian Dohn article on Pancake? He’s the NE 247 guy.

I didn’t catch anything about Pancake’s take on Mario’s ability to recruit the south nor his appreciation for Napier’s growth as a big boy recruiter.

Had to.

I’ll stop being a **** now.
Any cliffs?

Advertisement
Any cliffs?
This is the bottom half of the article.

There was plenty of flash during the visit -- the requisite pictures with the pancakes for the prospect who bills himself the "Pancake Honcho" and a photo shoot in a blue Lamborghini -- but Okunlola had a different focus on this visit.

"I got updated by talking with coaches, going over film with the coaches and digging a little deeper into their philosophies as coaches, seeing who they are as people," he said. "I got little closer with some of the staff and with some of the players who are going to play in the bowl game. I got to see how they operated."

Overall, I am comfortable with the developing part," he said. "They are great coaches. I talked to them a lot. Also, how they are as regulary people, they are great as well."

Mario has been a killer in recruiting everywhere he’s been.
He had Ty Hilton and Antonio Brown committed to freaking FIU. If AB doesn’t get in trouble he and TY would’ve broken records for that school.
Saban called him the best recruiter he’s had. He’s relentless and feared in that department and Rusty Mansell even said it himself. Uga barely beat us out for Monroe Freeling and their the defending national champs.

What uf has going for it more than Miami has rk is loyalty and local pressure. Take the Pyburn recruitment for example. He was gonna go there regardless who was coaching as soon as he got a commitable offer.

Those dudes don’t exist down here anymore for UM. We have to fight for dudes even when their entire family are cane fans. And I mean entire family like second cousins and sht. Evan Neal is a prime example he’s related to Cleveland Gary.

A 5 star north of I-4 is in gator country. A 5 star from down here is in a pool full of tiger sharks. There is no loyalty to UM down here compared to what uf has up there. Look how many high draft picks have come out this area in the last 6 years that didn’t come here.

Losing McLain to Mario is more of an indication of where Mario is compared to Napier in terms of recruiting. That sht should never have happened.
And don’t compare Andy Jean to Cormani.
The qb you guys flipped is literally from the area you say Mario has an advantage in and straight up you had to pay for him to get him and that’s not sour grapes on my part. That’s just part of the game rk.

But saying that Mario has to learn how to recruit in the south is just crazy.

Edit: there is video of Mike Rumph coaching Tyson Campbell in peewee. And he was his head coach at Heritage.
Rumph knew mom and pops since TC was a jit and he still went to uga.
Sofla recruiting is cut throat aF.
But a dude like Kair Elam wasn’t going anywhere but uf.
You guys have a serious loyalty advantage that um doesn’t.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Edit: there is video of Mike Rumph coaching Tyson Campbell in peewee. And he was his head coach at Heritage.
Rumph knew mom and pops since TC was a jit and he still went to uga.
Sofla recruiting is cut throat aF.
But a dude like Kair Elam wasn’t going anywhere but uf.
You guys have a serious loyalty advantage that um doesn’t.
After a 10-3 season might I add

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back