2023 Samson Okunlola 2.0 - Commits to UM12/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all on point. I would only add that I think after the Malik Bryant commitment was when they put their foot down and said ok, let’s get the money organized. Jean followed a bit after I believe, and that was the start.

We need LB's though really bad. Gonna be running a 4-1-6 defense if Bateman don't get SOMEBODY at LB lol

Advertisement
All I was saying was that Mario was showing he can recruit in the south (which is a diff animal than recruiting out there in the Pac-12 against only predominantly USC and Idk why I even had to spell that out for folks) and folks in here started getting emotional and defensive lol.

And what i'm saying, and i've said it in Gator Tears months ago, ask the homie @RVACane, that I said Billy learned over the summer, recruiting at a P5 is cut throat. All that "building relationships" recruiting that he was doing like Mullen was doing, was getting him bodied. Notice how swiftly that NIL mess this summer got cleared up and we just recently launched a UF affiliated NIL site. No one on this site had the balls to agree with me that UF would finish in the top 10 in recruiting this cycle and look at where we sit now.

Just saying....the fact that UF has folks on this board and social media following our OV weekend like private investigators shows Billy getting his footing in recruiting. I've always said that both schools are going to beat each other for kids in head to head battles for years to come but most of everyone in here was acting like Miami was just going to get any and everyone when going head to head with UF. It don't work like that

Good stuff

Seemed to me like right around the Andy Jean timeframe when the big dogs were committing over the summer things got really personal

Some coaches and programs weren’t ready for how things were gonna work in this new era. Miami kinda made a few teams go back to the drawing board (not just Miami of course but you get me)

Any Miami fan with two brain cells knew that that **** was gonna be met with some big time resistance at some point

All I was saying was that Mario was showing he can recruit in the south (which is a diff animal than recruiting out there in the Pac-12 against only predominantly USC and Idk why I even had to spell that out for folks) and folks in here started getting emotional and defensive lol.

And what i'm saying, and i've said it in Gator Tears months ago, ask the homie @RVACane, that I said Billy learned over the summer, recruiting at a P5 is cut throat. All that "building relationships" recruiting that he was doing like Mullen was doing, was getting him bodied. Notice how swiftly that NIL mess this summer got cleared up and we just recently launched a UF affiliated NIL site. No one on this site had the balls to agree with me that UF would finish in the top 10 in recruiting this cycle and look at where we sit now.

Just saying....the fact that UF has folks on this board and social media following our OV weekend like private investigators shows Billy getting his footing in recruiting.

I agree with the first paragraph. Second one part, you will probably hit top 10 with the targets still on the board. What I would push back on is the relationship part. Does not matter what type of sales you are in relationships matter and when the offers get close it can be the deciding factor.

I don’t come here for cycle summaries for UF and Billy’s growth as a big boy recruiter .

This is a Miami board.

Then put me on ignore or keep scrolling when you see a post of mine. Choice is yours playboi

decisions-tough.gif

Advertisement
Then put me on ignore or keep scrolling when you see a post of mine. Choice is yours playboi

decisions-tough.gif
You’re a realistic Gators fan. I respect that.

Do you have a Gator board you’re this active on?

No impending criticism or joke. Just want to know. I keep up with my team and my team only. Don’t see how I could do both.

I agree with the first paragraph. Second one part, you will probably hit top 10 with the targets still on the board. What I would push back on is the relationship part. Does not matter what type of sales you are in relationships matter and when the offers get close it can be the deciding factor.

True indeed and I hope that "relationship" bit helps us with Desmond Ricks and C Raymond lol. I mean, I like our CB class but missing out on Cormani took what could of been an ELITE ELITE CB class and placed it as a very good CB class.

Good stuff

Seemed to me like right around the Andy Jean timeframe when the big dogs were committing over the summer things got really personal

Some coaches and programs weren’t ready for how things were gonna work in this new era. Miami kinda made a few teams go back to the drawing board (not just Miami of course but you get me)

Any Miami fan with two brain cells knew that that **** was gonna be met with some big time resistance at some point

I think if Miami every opens up the budget more and goes big with the off field support staff ( like UF, UGA, Bama does) it's going to get REALLLLLY spooky on the trail. To do what they've done this cycle is incredible even without talking about this past season. You get enough top end instant 2 deep players from DAY ONE like you guys are slated to have this cycle....do that two more cycles and talent will win out in the end. You get a Francis every year and even if you take two other projects on the OL, if a Francis type pans out, he'll elevate whichever OL is playing next to em. Kelly keeps developing on the DL, he'll help Wayne/Moss on the other side. 12 personnel and if you double Riley Williams, Carver or Chris Johnson gonna be left one on one in open space.

True indeed and I hope that "relationship" bit helps us with Desmond Ricks and C Raymond lol. I mean, I like our CB class but missing out on Cormani took what could of been an ELITE ELITE CB class and placed it as a very good CB class.

I think if Miami every opens up the budget more and goes big with the off field support staff ( like UF, UGA, Bama does) it's going to get REALLLLLY spooky on the trail. To do what they've done this cycle is incredible even without talking about this past season. You get enough top end instant 2 deep players from DAY ONE like you guys are slated to have this cycle....do that two more cycles and talent will win out in the end. You get a Francis every year and even if you take two other projects on the OL, if a Francis type pans out, he'll elevate whichever OL is playing next to em. Kelly keeps developing on the DL, he'll help Wayne/Moss on the other side. 12 personnel and if you double Riley Williams, Carver or Chris Johnson gonna be left one on one in open space.
Yeah OL recruiting has been a huge problem for us for a little while now

The one area where we just have to fix is letting these elite WRs and CBs leave our backyard to go to the SEC

That has absolutely killed us

Advertisement

decisions-tough.gif
I cannot figure out why people on a Miami board get so worked up about your usually nuanced and fair takes on most things. It's a bad look that the one openly-UF guy here constantly gets these knuckle dragging responses.. on a Miami board smh.

Everyone read the Brian Dohn article on Pancake? He’s the NE 247 guy.

I didn’t catch anything about Pancake’s take on Mario’s ability to recruit the south nor his appreciation for Napier’s growth as a big boy recruiter.

Had to.

I’ll stop being a **** now.

I cannot figure out why people on a Miami board get so worked up about your usually nuanced and fair takes on most things. It's a bad look that the one openly-UF guy here constantly gets these knuckle dragging responses.. on a Miami board smh.
It’s a Miami board. Even fair, realistic takes on UF are game.

If it’s not Miami, it’s crap.

Advertisement
You’re a realistic Gators fan. I respect that.

Do you have a Gator board you’re this active on?

No impending criticism or joke. Just want to know. I keep up with my team and my team only. Don’t see how I could do both.

I be over here on

You can see in this thread I started earlier this year, I knew y'all were going to be with the shyts this year in recruiting lol

Advertisement

Just saying....the fact that UF has folks on this board and social media following our OV weekend like private investigators shows Billy getting his footing in recruiting. I've always said that both schools are going to beat each other for kids in head to head battles for years to come but most of everyone in here was acting like Miami was just going to get any and everyone when going head to head with UF. It don't work like that

It’s not about having balls if we agreed with you. It’s about you guys not competing on the NIL side before and we saw Billy getting bodied. I didn’t think you’d finish top 10. Looks like the NIL game is different now and you guys are paying too so at this point I expect that you’ll be top 10.

I know it’s not you but that 247 gator board has called every win we’ve had about money and every win they’ve had about Billy the goat. Lol

Yeah OL recruiting has been a huge problem for us for a little while now

The one area where we just have to fix is letting these elite WRs and CBs leave our backyard to go to the SEC

That has absolutely killed us

I don't understand how the central and south FL WR's, the ELITE ELITE ones, just keep it moving when it comes to considering playing at UM or UF. Like y'all knew EARLY that Jalen Brown and Innis wasn't coming to Miami but i'm like how in the **** did it come to where that's so set in stone? Tyler Williams visited UF once this cycle and threw us to the bushes quick lol. I went back at looked at the class of 2021 WR's and the elite kids (at the time that is, a lot of em have been huge bust so far lol) didn't even seriously consider UM or UF from the state of Florida.

It’s not about having balls if we agreed with you. It’s about you guys not competing on the NIL side before and we saw Billy getting bodied. I didn’t think you’d finish top 10. Looks like the NIL game is different now and you guys are paying too so at this point I expect that you’ll be top 10.

I know it’s not you but that 247 gator board has called every win we’ve had about money and every win they’ve had about Billy the goat. Lol

Lol yea they do. Twitter Gator fans even worse with that "but but but they wouldn't have him w/o Papa Ruiz" playa hating **** lol

I don't understand how y'all central and south FL WR's, the ELITE ELITE ones, just keep it moving when it comes to considering playing at UM or UF. Like y'all knew EARLY that Jalen Brown and Innis wasn't coming to Miami but i'm like how in the **** did it come to where that's so set in stone? Tyler Williams visited UF once this cycle and threw us to the bushes quick lol. I went back at looked at the class of 2021 WR's and the elite kids (at the time that is, a lot of em have been huge bust so far lol) didn't even seriously consider UM or UF from the state of Florida.
It has to stop somewhere, but with who? No idea, we’re throwing the kitchen sink at Inniss and still it’s like pulling teeth.

Also doesn’t help that no one in their right mind would play for Gattis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back