Sam Shields & Wiggins

Advertisement
Kid i coached this year is 170 pounds soaking wet...and would bully Wiggins right now. **** he might do it next season when we line up with FSU.

Kid has no chance of being a defensiv eplayer. He has no physicality or want to in him...Just keep him on offense let him develop some and become our 3rd wr in the rotation that can run go routes every now and again. He is what he is at this point.
He'll play next year and should be good for 30 catches and anywhere from 3-5tds
I’m sorry I hope he does not catch 30 balls for us

Heres an idea lets get rid of the crappy wr and portal guys in that can play corner we dont have time to experiment and try guys at different positions

Shields was a heck of an athlete but couldn’t catch. Made $$$ in the NFL when switched to corner.

Wiggins has the size and speed. If he can somehow tackle he could do the same. He’s actually physical enough because he’s a good blocker, one of the reasons he starts.
Anyone that let a guy that should be at his high school prom snatch the rock out his hand being an upperclassmen has no business thinking about hitting anybody. The kid is soft as tooshie paper. Just play back the no catch grab by a freshmen in the NC game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I questioned his physicality since he can’t seem to fight for the ball against physical (or any) defensive backs.
Maybe when the ball in air Rumph can teach him to just scream out loud ....
How do you think it would sound. High or low pitch

It’s worth a shot. He’s 6’3 and can run.

Shields wasn’t exactly Hines Ward at WR.

No it isn't. He's not fluid enough and doesn't fight for the ball as a WR, why in the world would he as a corner?

Jesus, you should be better than that.

No it isn't. He's not fluid enough and doesn't fight for the ball as a WR, why in the world would he as a corner?

Sam Shields fought for the ball at WR?

Wiggins is 6’3. He’s fluid enough at that size. Corner is his only chance because he’s a fast, long guy who can’t catch.

Wiggins is 6’3. He’s fluid enough at that size. Corner is his only chance because he’s a fast, long guy who can’t catch.
Was shields considered soft as a WR? I cant recall. Wiggins seems too soft to be able to play defense

Advertisement

Wiggins doesn’t know how to jump up for a pass as a WR. You think he’s gonna play a ball in the air as a CB? No way my man. Wiggins should start looking at new careers with a microscope.

Advertisement

Sam had more fight in his pinkie than Wiggins or Pope. There is no way if you had a choice in who to throw the ball to you're picking Wiggins or Pope instead of Shields.

No chance that Wiggins can hang with anyone off a cut. **** poor body control and not physical at the point of attack. Sure, he's fast, but a lot of guys are in a straight line. He can't even find the ball now, you think he's going to stay off a receiver and somehow get his stone hands on the ball to defend it?

If you think he would have a chance at corner, you're insane. If your take is, well take a shot, got nothing to lose, fine. Anything beyond that and you're a worse evaluator of talent than I ever gave you credit for.

Doubt he could be a D1 corner.

But if it means he never takes another snap at WR, then I’m in favor of it.

Advertisement
Sam had more fight in his pinkie than Wiggins or Pope.
This is revisionist history. Sam Shields was getting Leggett comparisons at WR. He dropped everything and was not physical. He got his confidence back at gunner and eventually developed into a corner.

Herb Waters might still be in the NFL if he made the transition a year earlier. Here is a thread on the topic from 2015:

This is revisionist history. Sam Shields was getting Leggett comparisons at WR. He dropped everything and was not physical. He got his confidence back at gunner and eventually developed into a corner.

Herb Waters might still be in the NFL if he made the transition a year earlier. Here is a thread on the topic from 2015:

Is there any indication that the coaches have thought about moving Wiggins to Db or that he would be open to it? I’m actually intrigued by that move (maybe it’s cause I won’t need to see him on O anymore)

Shields was a heck of an athlete but couldn’t catch. Made $$$ in the NFL when switched to corner.

Wiggins has the size and speed. If he can somehow tackle he could do the same. He’s actually physical enough because he’s a good blocker, one of the reasons he starts.
Not even in the same boat athletically. Shields was an absolute freak who they just didn't know how to use correctly. Compared to Wiggins sam.had ******* gorilla glue hands as well. Wiggins can't even run a route and you want him to turn and flip his hips??? Better shot at hitting the powerball 8 weeks in a row than that happening.

Advertisement
Back