Sam Shields & Wiggins

Advertisement
Shields was a heck of an athlete but couldn’t catch. Made $$$ in the NFL when switched to corner.

Wiggins has the size and speed. If he can somehow tackle he could do the same. He’s actually physical enough because he’s a good blocker, one of the reasons he starts.
Not everyone is going to the league. He isn’t going to get a shot at another position here I think. It would be in his best interest to spend every waking moment, outside of school, focusing on becoming a better pass catcher. I think it was Hank that spent an off-season with Duper learning how to become a better receiver. He has the measurable’s to be successful. He needs to work harder. If not, he can spend the rest of his life wondering “what if”. It’s just the truth.

It’s happened before. Better to try it now than right before the draft (like Herb Waters).
Will be interesting to see if it happens with all the politics said to be occurring in the receivers room. Need to see Likens develop the other guys.

Advertisement
lol wiggins like 6'3" 110 i cant see it. but he trash at WR so might as well try it out
Yup. Had those thoughts during the szn. If he gets he’s **** took he should approach the staff. Story seems very similar to Sam. All u heard his 1st couple years was the plays he was making on green tree. But during games just struggling to finish plays

Pure speed can make it in the NFL. I don't know if Wiggins has Sam Shields speed but this is a great story from 2014 on what Green Bay did in developing Shields as a corner.

At 6’3 190-ish Wiggins might be able to add 10 pounds and move to safety. I doubt he has the physicality for the position though, and Mr. Williams will be taking one of those spots anyway,

6 and 8 should just transfer to a FCS school, get prepared for real life after football.

triple h dropped the ball GIF by WWE

Advertisement
from an athletic stand point
wiggins has a better shot of making it as a long snapper than a cb
cbs have to be more athletic than the wrs bc they have to run and move with the wr while running backwards
😂😂 a long snapper. I think your serious too. Be blessed man

Advertisement
Shields was a heck of an athlete but couldn’t catch. Made $$$ in the NFL when switched to corner.

Wiggins has the size and speed. If he can somehow tackle he could do the same. He’s actually physical enough because he’s a good blocker, one of the reasons he starts.
He isn't physical at all. That's one of his knocks

Wiggins is soft as **** .. he can’t play corner. Can’t catch, doubt he can tackle either .

Advertisement
stickum.jpg

He can petition the league to allow him to go there like this and he will still drop the ball. On the plus side, he may bring down the ball carrier when he gets stuck to him.

And correct me if Im wrong but wasnt Sam Shields a sub 4.4 forty guy? He had serious top end speed.

One other thing that folks dont seem to remember about Sam Shields; He was the best gunner in college football his senior year.
He was fast no doubt, but what made Sam special IMO was the fluidness and smoothness of every single movement he made.

Wiggins problem isn’t top line speed. He can run he doesn’t seperate well, doesn’t high point the ball, and really doesn’t catch well at all. That was his knock in HS too. He wasnt a natural catcher.

I’m all for the experiment tho

Last edited:
Not everyone is going to the league. He isn’t going to get a shot at another position here I think. It would be in his best interest to spend every waking moment, outside of school, focusing on becoming a better pass catcher. I think it was Hank that spent an off-season with Duper learning how to become a better receiver. He has the measurable’s to be successful. He needs to work harder. If not, he can spend the rest of his life wondering “what if”. It’s just the truth.
True to an extent, but you can’t train mentality. He’s 6’3 and plays like he’s 5’3. He’s a 7on7 guy and it shows. Maybe if they switch the flag football he has a chance

Advertisement
Back