Sam Bruce good enough to start my mid season?

Berrios knows the offense and is a very technical route runner. Clutch guy with great hands.

lol great hands? Maybe for a Pachyderm this kid misses big time catches that cost us games. He has zero break away speed

HE dropped one pass against FSU that i can remember and that didnt cost us the game..cmon mane...he looked plenty fast on that reverse against Washington State... He looked explosive

you must of missed the part when he got ran down when he was 10 yards in the open on the wild cat play. He made that catch the game was over nice try

Not going to judge him off of that, you should expect that the snow slowed his speed down a bit on that run. Regardless he made a play when we needed it the most

Advertisement
Berrios knows the offense and is a very technical route runner. Clutch guy with great hands.

lol great hands? Maybe for a Pachyderm this kid misses big time catches that cost us games. He has zero break away speed

HE dropped one pass against FSU that i can remember and that didnt cost us the game..cmon mane...he looked plenty fast on that reverse against Washington State... He looked explosive

you must of missed the part when he got ran down when he was 10 yards in the open on the wild cat play. He made that catch the game was over nice try

Not going to judge him off of that, you should expect that the snow slowed his speed down a bit on that run. Regardless he made a play when we needed it the most
I imagine the snow slowed the guys chasing him too.

I like Berrio's but I can't forget that TD drop against Free Shoes U his freshman year. It was a tough catch. He looked good as a frosh and against WSt. No doubt injuries have held him back. Bruce will be good competition for him.

Last edited:

But the snow didn't slow down the defender who hawked him like he was standing still?

Advertisement
I like Berrio's but I can't forget that TD drop against Free Shoes U his freshman year. It was a tough catch. He looked good as a frosh and against WSt. No doubt injuries have held him back. Bruce will be good competition for him.

Dorsett dropped some big time passes too. That's not the issue with Berrios IMO. He's just not explosive against major D-1 athletes. He can't make anybody miss.

He would be a dime-a-dozen athlete in South Florida but because he dominated a little bit in his po-dunk high school league and measured well at the Sparq stuff we love him. (oh, and cause he's white)

Dorsett dropped some big time passes too. That's not the issue with Berrios IMO. He's just not explosive against major D-1 athletes. He can't make anybody miss.

He would be a dime-a-dozen athlete in South Florida but because he dominated a little bit in his po-dunk high school league and measured well at the Sparq stuff we love him. (oh, and cause he's white)

i think we might have to wait on berrios going through the new s & c before we judge him. i mean he looked like he was carrying bad weight. he was pretty quick in high school and all star camps. then looked totally different last year.

I agree he didn't look explosive last season, until the Wash St game. If you are correct Bruce will take his job. Competition brings out the best in everyone.

Advertisement
Back