Sam Bruce good enough to start my mid season?

Advertisement
I think it depends on what offense we're running. If we're a team that's primary "Pro Style" (21 Personnel) then it's gonna be harder to get on the field early. If we're running the spread then I don't see how he doesn't get major PT. Who's a better slot than him on this team?

I hope the starters are:

1. Cager, Coley and Wims
or
2. Cager, Coley and Bruce (If Wims signs with UGA)

Add Ndoku at TE and Edwards at RB to either of those trios and the offense could be both explosive and powerful

Advertisement
If Berrios has been effected by injuries and that's truly what held him back, and he has a good offseason and ends up being what I think he can be, then idk if Bruce can beat him out year 1.

But if Berrios doesn't make significant progress and really get over those injuries.. Bruce could start day 1.. Or take over before October or mid season. I don't think it's at all out of the realm of possibility

Expect Berrios to show his real stuff this year as it will be the first he's been completely healthy...His run in the bowl game was the highlight for the Canes and showed what he's really capable of ..

Advertisement
Any WR coming in this year can compete for immediate playing time. We have one Miami caliber WR currently on the roster.

Starts day one. Cager isn't in the same hemisphere as Bruce.

cager was a 4 star recruited by almost every school in nation. he is big physical kid. he is also fast. coley is a good slot guy also if we get richards. richards , cager , coley could be top 3 in 3 wr sets. bruce will be in running though as will berrios, who didn't get alot of time under previous staff.

cager is gonna start. no doubt. he is better then people make out. no way u have a 6 ft and 5-8 guy starting. not together in 21 sets, or 2 te sets. in a 3 wr set maybe. cager though is 6-4 he will start at one wideout spot.

Advertisement
I hope the starters are:

1. Cager, Coley and Wims
or
2. Cager, Coley and Bruce (If Wims signs with UGA)

Add Ndoku at TE and Edwards at RB to either of those trios and the offense could be both explosive and powerful

Where is the power going to come from? Gus is a 235 pound rb that thinks he is 210.

Berrios shouldn't be underestimated. Quick. Tough.

This. People are sleep on berrios.. he can be a good slot receiver for us. Bruce obviously has a higher ceiling than him. But I guarantee you Bruce will push him for the slot position and that will bring the best out of berrios. He just needs to stay healthy and he'll be good. Hopefully we land all of these receivers in this class and it will bring that competition to the WRs that we need.

Starts day one. Cager isn't in the same hemisphere as Bruce.

Your crazy af bro.. first of all two different types of recievers. Second of all Cager will be a beast for us this upcoming season and till the time that he leaves. He showed flashes of what kind of reciever he can be here in Miami. With the kind of offense mark richt will bring here to miami, he will thrive in it. Plus a heisman type talent in kayaa throwing him the ball. He is a 1st Round talent and if yal disagree yal crazy.

Advertisement
Coley will start on one side and cager or langham will be on the other side unless Richards (if we land him) or stove come in and really tear it up which could happen.

People are talking about who starts over who. The biggest thing I see is that we will now have 2 solid pure slot guys in Bruce and Berrios add Williams and Mullins to that mix as well because they will see slot time as well. What gets me excited is we are actually building quality depth.

Advertisement
Back