Sam Bruce committing

Advertisement
Scarlett and Bruce are close. Landing Bruce would mean Scarlett would be right behind him. This would be big because if we lose Dexter it wouldn't hurt that bad. A RB class of Walton, Scarlett and JC is epic.

i dont think we will sign three RBs, someone will leave, but this is a good problem, either way we come away with a two good RBs, i just hope one of them is dexter because that kid is elite

I think Dexter will stick with UM and I don't think Walton will get reclassified. He is trying to do double the work while keeping his grades up, participating in BTW's 7on 7, and football activities; that is an awful lot for a youngman to handle an complete at a elite level. It is a lot of work especially considering UM's higher grading scale and he wouldn't find out about his reclassification officially until mid summer 2015 by which time Williams, Cronkrite, and Scarlett will have signed with UM already.

The other thing is I wish staff could have kept his reclassification attempt quiet so that it would not spook any of RB's in the class already. At best I think Walton will earn early admission for his efforts.

I hope dexter sticks

is paranos on drugs? i mean, anything can happen, but, walton reclassifying is a done deal, according to everyone.

Advertisement
ga,
i'm sure miami will be able to sell that they have a top qb committed for that class. sounds good.

Advertisement
Bruce to FSU

Inside info or gut/hunch?
All the Noles are crazy confident on this one.........
Its part of their continued slogan that they get who ever they want from Miami. He is probably gonna commit to them, but it would be a huge statement if we got him. A 10 win season and winning a bowl game would change everything. You see the Duke twitter rants, which are spot on but we need to give these kids a reason to believe what he is saying. Think about it, this is gonna be Tracy's and Duke's third year, we need to make a statement this year, else wise not only did we waste that elite talent, but best believe that it will be additional ammo in the negative recruiting ****nal for other schools.

Advertisement
Cane sports saying they think Sam Bruce commits to UM...... That means he's going to FSU, the ole CS curse.

Advertisement
I usually don't want to be the first commitment of high profile south Florida kids, since they tend to have a bare minimum two commitments, but remember Sam bruce hasn't been to FSU since November 2013 while he has been to Miami around 5 or 6 time since then. Smart money would be the canes but I don't like having to keep bruce committed for 20 months. Either way you don't deny a kid of his talent a commitment you take it and make sure you can keep it strong for 20 months.

I usually don't want to be the first commitment of high profile south Florida kids, since they tend to have a bare minimum two commitments, but remember Sam bruce hasn't been to FSU since November 2013 while he has been to Miami around 5 or 6 time since then. Smart money would be the canes but I don't like having to keep bruce committed for 20 months. Either way you don't deny a kid of his talent a commitment you take it and make sure you can keep it strong for 20 months.

What helps keeping him committed is getting Scarlett this year. IMO if Scarlett signs then Bruce would be solid

The timing is what I find the most intriguing...

Bruce and Scarlett were down at Miami, the next day Scarlett decommits from FAU...

Bruce and Scarlett have taken a bunch of unofficial to Miami the last couple months and Miami has been after these 2 real hard

Listening to Scarlett's comments today from Nash's article.... I think we may see them pull the trigger for THE :neonu:

Bruce to FSU

Inside info or gut/hunch?

That's what the FSU 247 guy is saying. For a while FSU has been leading, according to them, but he did just visit recently and our recruiting has seemed to take a recent upswing, so I'm holding out hope.

Stacy was a 100% lock for them too as was Tracy to UF.... The FSU mods are so bias they think they will land every single 5* kid and while they do tend to get 1 or 2 of them they don't get everyone

Ohio State mod just changed his "crystal ball" to Miami this morning

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back