Sam Brooks

Advertisement
Thats not true in my case. The summer of my freshman year at Auburn I tore my ACL & MCL. I came back stronger than I was before because of the work I put in and the commitment because I didn’t want to lose my scholarship back in those days. My lateral movement was better and I gained 2” on my vertical. I have a pic of me dunking on Will Perdue after my surgery. I don’t think I’m the only athlete that can tell that story. I went on to play 5 years for Real Madrid before going to the Marines.
forget the will perdue dunk picture. you played for Real Madrid, as in soccer? at that academy? for the main team? details por favor. and congrats on that and thank you for your service.

I had turf toe when I played and tbh that might be the most excruciating injury in sports, foot injuries in general are terrible
This. I had turf toe and plantar fasciitis and those were the most painful debilitating sports injuries I've ever had, and I tore my meniscus and partially tore a bunch of knee ligaments, and broke my 5th metatarsal.

Proof that despite all the advances in the way torn knee ligaments are handled and the decreased recovery time that not everybody is going to be the same player they were before the injury. Some come back in 9 months better than ever while others may take a bit longer. There are some who take up to 2 years to get back their speed and explosiveness(Waynmon Steed) and sadly there are many others who never fully recover and are never the same again. Hopefully Sam Brooks isn't in that last category and he is able to get back on the field because before his knee injury, he was a special athlete. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.
What kind of doctor did he get? Most likely if he was already on an NFL team or even a D1 FBS team like Miami he would have gotten a lot better treatment than what he got in HS.
Unless the info was made public, for all we know he could have gotten surgery from some random Medicaid Doctor.

Advertisement
This. I had turf toe and plantar fasciitis and those were the most painful debilitating sports injuries I've ever had, and I tore my meniscus and partially tore a bunch of knee ligaments, and broke my 5th metatarsal.
I had plantar fasciitis when I was 23, I had to use my aunts cane for a couple months lol. Brutal.

I had plantar fasciitis when I was 23, I had to use my aunts cane for a couple months lol. Brutal.
I ran the LA Marathon a couple years ago and struggled with plantar fasciitis during training. It was the f*cking worst.

I remember back when Kobe and Pau were teammates and Pau went down with a tear in the plantar fascia and Kobe mentioned hoping it was a complete tear rather than a partial cause of the pain level or rehab process iirc

Advertisement
Are you saying the COVID vaccine causes turf toe?
City Life Art GIF by Sherchle

Advertisement
forget the will perdue dunk picture. you played for Real Madrid, as in soccer? at that academy? for the main team? details por favor. and congrats on that and thank you for your service.
I just posted the same thing. I am glad I was not alone. It was like a throw away line that he played for Real Madrid. I was like, WTF?

Advertisement
Thats not true in my case. The summer of my freshman year at Auburn I tore my ACL & MCL. I came back stronger than I was before because of the work I put in and the commitment because I didn’t want to lose my scholarship back in those days. My lateral movement was better and I gained 2” on my vertical. I have a pic of me dunking on Will Perdue after my surgery. I don’t think I’m the only athlete that can tell that story. I went on to play 5 years for Real Madrid before going to the Marines.
Don’t mention the name Will Perdue please.

Advertisement
Back