Sam Brooks

Kid was hyped as ****, can't miss this recruit, and then injuries. Wish him all the best and I truly feel sorry for him and others who had their careers derailed because of injuries. This is one young man who deserves no shade if he does try his luck elsewhere. It's hard to hang them up, but maybe it's time, get that degree here, and go pro in something else.
He had serious injuries while in H.S. Before that he was hyped, but by the time he graduated from H.S., he was a 3 star. Many here hyped him because they saw him play as a Soph in H.S., and they hoped he'd get back to that form. Any cautious observer would recognize that he probably wouldn't.

Advertisement
Thats not true in my case. The summer of my freshman year at Auburn I tore my ACL & MCL. I came back stronger than I was before because of the work I put in and the commitment because I didn’t want to lose my scholarship back in those days. My lateral movement was better and I gained 2” on my vertical. I have a pic of me dunking on Will Perdue after my surgery. I don’t think I’m the only athlete that can tell that story. I went on to play 5 years for Real Madrid before going to the Marines.
Surprised Jordan didn't have a broken back carrying Perdue up and down the court...

Advertisement
I haven't gone on the official roster in a while. I understand why they do this, but I can't help but shake my head that they have the twitter and instagram names next to height, weight, etc.

In case you want the latest dance moves.

I haven't gone on the official roster in a while. I understand why they do this, but I can't help but shake my head that they have the twitter and instagram names next to height, weight, etc.
Leftover byproduct of diaz-era brand focus

Advertisement
Was Sam Brooks ever really here tho he had one game in the bowl where he had a bunch of tackles and everyone anointed him

Hmmm, how many LB evaluations did Diaz miss on? Cave, Brooks, Huff, Flagg. Anyone I miss? I don't blame the kids. They did not evaluate themselves. Well-run programs don't have that many misses in a single position group.

Hmmm, how many LB evaluations did Diaz miss on? Cave, Brooks, Huff, Flagg. Anyone I miss? I don't blame the kids. They did not evaluate themselves. Well-run programs don't have that many misses in a single position group.
Well in fairness...Everyone on CIS loved Huff and Cave. EVERYONE. Anyone who says different is lying. Flagg was controversial and most didnt like him..So ill give you that one.. And most on here labeled Brooks a 5* talent before his injury in HS. I would say bad development and not putting them in a position to succeed, maybe. But those 3 were not bad evals.

Well in fairness...Everyone on CIS loved Huff and Cave. EVERYONE. Anyone who says different is lying. Flagg was controversial and most didnt like him..So ill give you that one.. And most on here labeled Brooks a 5* talent before his injury in HS. I would say bad development and not putting them in a position to succeed, maybe. But those 3 were not bad evals.

No, not everyone liked Huff and Cave. I thought both were undersized. And Brooks was a stand-up DE. He needed a lot of development sure but he also was essentially changing positions.

Advertisement
Man y’all LOVED BOTH THEM YOUNGINS 😂. I don’t even think brooks was a mis evaluation just was hurt all the time

I would actually argue it is more in line with the new NIL world. I feel comfortable that if it was a leftover part of the Manny era and Mario did not want that, it would have been gone a while back.
You nailed it. Life Wallet is getting everyone signed verified for their social media platforms. It’s about monetizing their brands. It might seem silly to some, but it’s a money maker. If it paid you, you’d be all over that **** too

Was Sam Brooks ever really here tho he had one game in the bowl where he had a bunch of tackles and everyone anointed him
Everyone anointed him? What does that even mean? That UM fans were excited to see him play well given his athletic potential and thought he might develop into an excellent player? This is anointing?

Last edited:
Advertisement
No, not everyone liked Huff and Cave. I thought both were undersized. And Brooks was a stand-up DE. He needed a lot of development sure but he also was essentially changing positions.
Huff was a 6’3” 200lb high school linebacker and Cave was 6’1” 203. That’s good size for high school linebackers. You’re not going to find too many 230lb high school linebackers who can run.

A lot of kids who are studs in high school playing above everyone else are shocked to find out in D1 they’re low on the depth chart .

Huff was a 6’3” 200lb high school linebacker and Cave was 6’1” 203. That’s good size for high school linebackers. You’re not going to find too many 230lb high school linebackers who can run.

It was never Huff's size and athleticism that was an issue. It was the way he played in HS. Similar to TJ, he was rushing off the edge not playing traditional LB.

He literally missed on all of them. They got worse the more time they spent under the fake Cuban.

Advertisement
Back