Said it earlier and Walton > Barkley

Walton was a good back but never the back. People on here portrayed him to be.

Barkley is another over hyped player. Played 13 games and only had 4 games of a 100 yards or more. Elite talent my ***.

Barkley better hope nobody hires Indiana or Rutgers DC in the league.
Was that his stats this year or the year before? He did the same thing in 2016 too...

Advertisement
Walton and Barkley should not be part of the same conversation. Barkley is a top 5 pick that will play all three downs in the league because he can run, catch it out of the backfield and block. He is a Fournette, Gurley type without the injuries. If he played for UM he’d be the second coming of Walter Payton and the rest of the all time great backs!

Take a peep at Barkley, if that’s your criticism for Walton...

Disregard that Barkley is bigger, stronger, faster, more athletic, a better special teams player and receiver than Walton, and let's just look at their best games:

Barkley:

Ohio St. - 26-195 yds, 0 TD
Iowa - 21-167 yds, 1 TD
USC - 25-194, 2 TD
Iowa - 28-211, 1 TD
Michigan - 15-108, 2 TD
Washington - 18-137, 2 TD

That's 6 games vs. Power 5 teams with 8+ wins. This leaves off 150+ yd games he had vs Nebraska, Purdue, Maryland, and Rutgers.

What do you think Walton's 6 best games are?

Barkley is considered one of the best rb prospects of the last 5 years . One of the most complete backs you'll ever find.

It's your opinion but Cook was never viewed this way. I really don't know how you get that conclusion , but oh well.
Everyone knew Cook was a beast and he especially made us feel it. Barkley has the body type that NFL scouts love and he's obviously explosive. That's the difference

Advertisement
IMO Guice is gonna be a beast in the league. Wouldn’t mind him to New Orleans if we didn’t need a TE, LB, DE, and WR in that order.

Advertisement
May want to take off your orange and green glasses! Good back but not in Barkley’s league.

You might want to put on your orange and green glasses so you can realize who does and doesnt play for um.

Advertisement
Disregard that Barkley is bigger, stronger, faster, more athletic, a better special teams player and receiver than Walton, and let's just look at their best games:

Barkley:

Ohio St. - 26-195 yds, 0 TD
Iowa - 21-167 yds, 1 TD
USC - 25-194, 2 TD
Iowa - 28-211, 1 TD
Michigan - 15-108, 2 TD
Washington - 18-137, 2 TD

That's 6 games vs. Power 5 teams with 8+ wins. This leaves off 150+ yd games he had vs Nebraska, Purdue, Maryland, and Rutgers.

What do you think Walton's 6 best games are?
Post the stats vs the scrubs, it’s very surprising and not something you would expect from a top 5 pick. I’m not even arguing about comparing him to Walton at this point. I’m stilling taking a couple of backs over him

Post the stats vs the scrubs, it’s very surprising and not something you would expect from a top 5 pick. I’m not even arguing about comparing him to Walton at this point. I’m stilling taking a couple of backs over him

But you are comparing him to Walton. Today RBLCane posted "Walton never showed up against a good defense", You said "Take a peep at Barkley, if that’s your criticism for Walton..."

But there's a reason you didn't list Walton's Top 6 games, and it's because:

- 12 of Barkley's 15 100yd games came against P5 teams. 3 of Walton's 8 100yd games came against P5 teams.
- Barkley averaged under 4.0 ypc 9 out of 38 games (24%).
- Walton averaged under 4.0 ypc 17 out of 30 games (57%).

I agree Barkley had some bad games against some bad teams. I also think Barkley is a bit overrated (more like a high 2nd round choice for me), and wouldn't argue if you think some RB's are better.

So if you don't want to compare Barkley to Walton, then you probably shouldn't use Walton to try to prove your point. Those 2 are on totally different levels.

But you are comparing him to Walton. Today RBLCane posted "Walton never showed up against a good defense", You said "Take a peep at Barkley, if that’s your criticism for Walton..."

But there's a reason you didn't list Walton's Top 6 games, and it's because:

- 12 of Barkley's 15 100yd games came against P5 teams. 3 of Walton's 8 100yd games came against P5 teams.
- Barkley averaged under 4.0 ypc 9 out of 38 games (24%).
- Walton averaged under 4.0 ypc 17 out of 30 games (57%).

I agree Barkley had some bad games against some bad teams. I also think Barkley is a bit overrated (more like a high 2nd round choice for me), and wouldn't argue if you think some RB's are better.

So if you don't want to compare Barkley to Walton, then you probably shouldn't use Walton to prove your point. Those 2 are on totally different levels.
Barkley is a 2nd round pick for me too

Advertisement
Barkley not that special.... Mark Walton is more explosive.

I understand you have to ride for the home team. Mark Walton is gonna be a great back in the league but barkley explosiveness is second to none. He's like a bigger Barry sanders with was more open field speed.

Barkley is a proto-typical NFL back. He has excellent size at 230, very good downhill runner and excellent pass catcher.

Barkley vision is not that good either. Of the last few backs who have went first round I would Take either of them over him starting since Todd Gurley

Advertisement
Back