Saddest part about this year.

I was thinking last night about this, the 2 games that really derailed this early part of the season were CMU and VT, no way to spin those two results as anything other than debacles. UNC is worst from a talent level standpoint, but they appear to be at least a decent team and rn there’s no reason to believe we can beat decent teams at home on prime time. It was the first game on the road with a young QB, yadayadayada, there is a spin there.

Therefore, we should be 4-2, In a better position on the coastal. There’s no way to spin not winning the coastal as a good thing, let’s be honest this division ******* sucks and we have 3 basketball schools leading the division atm and Pitt, VT and GT are middle of the pack FBS teams at best.

What bothers me(us) is that we absolutely have an advantage in the talent level, it should not be this hard.
[/QUOT
I was thinking last night about this, the 2 games that really derailed this early part of the season were CMU and VT, no way to spin those two results as anything other than debacles. UNC is worst from a talent level standpoint, but they appear to be at least a decent team and rn there’s no reason to believe we can beat decent teams at home on prime time. It was the first game on the road with a young QB, yadayadayada, there is a spin there.

Therefore, we should be 4-2, In a better position on the coastal. There’s no way to spin not winning the coastal as a good thing, let’s be honest this division ******* sucks and we have 3 basketball schools leading the division atm and Pitt, VT and GT are middle of the pack FBS teams at best.

What bothers me(us) is that we absolutely have an advantage in the talent level, it should not be this hard.

Everyone seems to agree we have the worst OL in cfb but at the same time have a talent advantage. That type of thinking is inane

Advertisement
Everyone seems to agree we have the worst OL in cfb but at the same time have a talent advantage. That type of thinking is inane
Not really, my thinking is:
I don't think the OL players that we have are THIS bad. They are getting bad coaching, hurt by long developing plays, overall scheme and players that shouldn't start are starting. Last year OL was bad/average P5, the guys that left were this superior to the ones we got now?
I could be wrong on the OL and we may have the worst starting five in FBS level, but that doesn't mean the rest of the roster is devoided of talent, especially when comparing to the other teams on the coastal.

9-3 is still realistic. This 'fire Enos' chatter shows the ignorance of our fan-base. He is trying to design an offense around the country's worst OL. Additionally, his options at QB are a freshman and a sophomore that got benched last year.

Incredibly ignorant fan-base

I don't think the OL players that we have are THIS bad. They are getting bad coaching, hurt by long developing plays, overall scheme and players that shouldn't start are starting. Last year OL was bad/average P5, the guys that left were this superior to the ones we got now?
I could be wrong on the OL and we may have the worst starting five in FBS level, but that doesn't mean the rest of the roster is devoided of talent, especially when comparing to the other teams on the coastal.

Wishful thinking. Go watch the CMU and VT game. The DL was meeting at the QB time and time again.. it was embarrassing. Yes, a few plays were slow developing to try and keep the DL guessing because of Dallas' running success, but otherwise is was complete failure by the OL to give JW more than 2 seconds. They really are that bad.

Perry was able to make plays only because he was a dual threat. With JW, we lose to UVA and it wouldn't be close. JW requires a pocket.

Advertisement
9-3 is still realistic. This 'fire Enos' chatter shows the ignorance of our fan-base. He is trying to design an offense around the country's worst OL. Additionally, his options at QB are a freshman and a sophomore that got benched last year.

Incredibly ignorant fan-base
What has Enos showed that makes you confident in him I’m honestly wondering.

Manny Hive while I don't think he is the right guy I whole heatedly would love to be wrong. I want this team to succeed I want him to be successful. Calling him out for talking all off-season then not living up to his own hype is not make me a bad fan. He set the tone by established what he felt was the standard for Miami.
Check out the linemen he put in the NFL and let's revisit this statement.
How many are starting? How many got cut?

Advertisement
What has Enos showed that makes you confident in him I’m honestly wondering.

Play design / game preparation. The elementary football fan only sees 'play-calling' but doesn't see the bigger picture of game management/strategy. I love the design of the plays and I see what he's trying to do, holistically. The OL has to be frustrating him because guys are open. At times, our offense looks nearly impossible to stop.. but that's when our OL gives our QB time.

Our WRs didn't get better overnight... the play-design has defenses on their heels and asking questions. Every Enos hater simply doesn't see it or know football well enough to comprehend what Enos is doing. They just see play-calling... and 2 - 3 poor play-calls. (Like the TE, jetsweep. lol)

Give our QBs time and reps and our offense won't be stopped.

EX: Why were the short throws open in the 4th? Why did Perry move us down the field late on basically short, 3-step drop plays? Because we bombed them early with deep balls posing a threat of the deep ball, so they didn't want to get beat deep. That's game management/strategy and was purposeful on Enos' part. Fans here, just think Perry randomly got hot. lol

Play design / game preparation. The elementary football fan only sees 'play-calling' but doesn't see the bigger picture of game management/strategy. I love the design of the plays and I see what he's trying to do, holistically. The OL has to be frustrating him because guys are open. At times, our offense looks nearly impossible to stop.. but that's when our OL gives our QB time.

Our WRs didn't get better overnight... the play-design has defenses on their heels and asking questions. Every Enos hater simply doesn't see it or know football well enough to comprehend what Enos is doing. They just see play-calling... and 2 - 3 poor play-calls. (Like the TE, jetsweep. lol)

Give our QBs time and reps and our offense won't be stopped.

EX: Why were the short throws open in the 4th? Why did Perry move us down the field late on basically short, 3-step drop plays? Because we bombed them early with deep balls posing a threat of the deep ball, so they didn't want to get beat deep. That's game management/strategy and was purposeful on Enos' part. Fans here, just think Perry randomly got hot. lol
I see what you are saying but can his offense ever be truly deadly here a lot of posters are wondering will we be able to have the oline needed to run his offense to success and he has already shown that he isn’t going adjust for a bad oline. Also I think it’s disingenuous to dismiss what Enos critics are saying. He has real weaknesses. I personally believe he is a bad fit here and should have stayed in the SEC.

I see what you are saying but can his offense ever be truly deadly here a lot of posters are wondering will we be able to have the oline needed to run his offense to success and he has already shown that he isn’t going adjust for a bad oline. Also I think it’s disingenuous to dismiss what Enos critics are saying. He has real weaknesses. I personal believe he is a bad fit here and should have stayed in the SEC.

I second your astute notion. Enos is an absolute " bad fit " at Miami! No ifs, buts or whatever, Jose.

Now do I have evidence of him being a JONAS? Probably not. But I'm relying on my THIRD EYE, which tells me Enos is a JONAS and all that. hUh

I see what you are saying but can his offense ever be truly deadly here a lot of posters are wondering will we be able to have the oline needed to run his offense to success and he has already shown that he isn’t going adjust for a bad oline. Also I think it’s disingenuous to dismiss what Enos critics are saying. He has real weaknesses. I personally believe he is a bad fit here and should have stayed in the SEC.

You might be right. And I feel he had no idea the OL was in this sort of shape... he inherited a historically bad OL. However, its his job to recruit the right players.. coming from Alabama, I have to believe he will land bigtime OL prospects. Its his first 6 games here. Give him time to build and we'l be lethal on offense.

And with Manny involved in the Defense, I see us being VERY CLOSE to the top 10. Just need an OL. Our game against Florida showed we're close... very close.

Advertisement
As they say, the games are won and lost in the "trenches." We have quality/quantity talent in the receiving corps but how many deep balls have we connected on? Or even attempted? How many hurries/sacks have we taken. A lot! And way too many where the opponent's pass rushers come through our porous line totally untouched.

Advertisement
The same or worse, considering he wasn't going to hire another DC. You think Banda would have the defense firing on all cylinders?
Not a chance. But if we're this bad on offense with "better" coaches, how bad would we have been with Jon Richt as QB coach and Mark Richt as OC? Especially with this O line?

I shudder at the thought.

OL issues aside, Enos has been trash. Don't see anything special about his system. His playcalling is terrible. The one thing he has done is get these QBs to play better than they did last year but that was a very low bar to begin with. I just don't see how you can watch other teams play and not see the difference in terms of offensive system. A lot of teams around the country doing more with less talent than we have.

Another issue is the defense was supposed to carry the offense early on but it hadn't until the UVA game so let's hope that's the start of something on that side of the ball. I'll believe it when I see it because this program has not handled success well at all. We already got Pinkney talking about how we should be undefeated. Well you're not, shut up and get to work.

Advertisement
Back