Saddest part about this year.

This is what happens when you promote your DC before establishing you are on the right track. It's as if no one has learned from history. I guess we should have hired away a coach from Temple instead? Oops.

Advertisement
No offensive coordinator in America is good without a good Oline . Period. End of story.

We can all thank Richt for that. Every top offense in America has 3-4 upperclassmen unless the kid is a 5 star behemoth physically ready. Which then they start inside at guard and work themselves out to tackle. We have 1 upperclassmen and 1 of 3 true freshman to start the season at LT in all of college football. This is all on Richt.

I was thinking last night about this, the 2 games that really derailed this early part of the season were CMU and VT, no way to spin those two results as anything other than debacles. UNC is worst from a talent level standpoint, but they appear to be at least a decent team and rn there’s no reason to believe we can beat decent teams at home on prime time. It was the first game on the road with a young QB, yadayadayada, there is a spin there.

Therefore, we should be 4-2, In a better position on the coastal. There’s no way to spin not winning the coastal as a good thing, let’s be honest this division ******* sucks and we have 3 basketball schools leading the division atm and Pitt, VT and GT are middle of the pack FBS teams at best.

What bothers me(us) is that we absolutely have an advantage in the talent level, it should not be this hard.
That's all I am saying. Manny was talking like this team could go to Charlotte. I never believed that but we have lost and or struggled with teams we shouldn't have lost or struggled with. That's not about talent.

Richt sucked at Oline recruiting no way around that. Big Facts. There comes a time though when we can't blame everything on Richt. Richt wasn't on the sidelines when we struggled against CMU or lost to North Carolina or Tech ran over the top of us. Manny said this was the new Miami. The only thing holding us back was inept offense. His defense was elite. TNM. Ok show us. Talent had nothing to do with Tech loss. They proved that this week with UVA. Coaching and execution. Florida game is the only game we have played where talent was the issue.

Advertisement
You look at our QB situation, our pass defense, and especially our OL play and can say that with a straight face? What are u basing that talent level on? That we have a lot of South Florida kids? All that means these days is they are strong on HS hype and far less impressive in terms of on-field production.
Yes I can. We absolutely have more talent on the roster than any other Coastal team. When it comes to winning the coastal Miami problems come from coaching. Watch our games and you can see the players being put in awful positions,
Our QB play is fine and can improve.
The OL is where awful talent met worst coaching. Zion should not be starting anymore, Donaldson should not be the one helping our weakest link, Gaynor is bad, Clark is young and probably should not start, Scaife is an above average FBS OL.
Our pass defense is fine, is average and we have 4 new starters there. Carter, Hall, Ivey, Bubba.

We didn't even need to go to Charlotte. All we had to do is compete. Show recruits we not rebuilding but retooling. How can you sell this but anything but a rebuild at this point. Start the season 4-1. Blow the doors off teams like Central Michigan. Win 8 to 10 games. Tell recruits this is a down year and with you we can compete for championships. Manny out here telling recruits you can't take anymore trips once you commit. Now that looks insane. Hopefully wrong and UVA is the begining of a resurgent year.

It's the halfway point.

Miami got to 5-1 last year and then finished 7-6.

3-3 right now. Worry more about closing strong instead of lamenting what went wrong out the gate.

7-6 last season and a hot mess for years. Shouldn't come as such a shock that a first-year coach, staff and quarterback didn't hit the ground running.

Yes I can. We absolutely have more talent on the roster than any other Coastal team.

You believe that because you believe in the star system. You believe the recruiting ranking sites. How many times do we have to watch south Florida "talent" not show up on Saturdays before we realize that we're not that talented after all?

Sort of makes you wonder what this year would have looked like had Richt stayed.

Advertisement
You believe that because you believe in the star system. You believe the recruiting ranking sites. How many times do we have to watch south Florida "talent" not show up on Saturdays before we realize that we're not that talented after all?
How many times we will watch south florida talent go to better programs and shine before we start looking at the coaching staff? IDGAF if the player is from SoFla or not, we should be better than other Coastal teams.
I'm a regular fan, I don't have the time or desire to be scouting players, so I take the info avaiable to me to base my analysis, meaning star system and reading people that study more than I do. So because of that I can concede that I may have flawed info, but even if that is true, this still falls on the coaches for not being better evaluators.

Right, the talent is at better programs. So stop talking about how talented we are. You can't have it both ways.
I made a edit on my original post.
Of course I can, because I'm not comparing UM to ALA, LSU, OSU and others. I'm talking about coastal teams and MAC teams.

Advertisement
The saddest parts that concern are:
1. Recruiting: we went from being #1 in the nation a year ago to barely sniffing the Top 20.
2. Defense: Year 5, under Diaz‘s watch, and the Defense has regressed significantly. I don’t care what the stats say. It’s fools gold. On top of that, he hires his cornball friend who isn’t ready nor qualified for this DC job.
3. Pro Set: everyone loves to kill Enos with his tight and I formations but the reality is this is what Diaz wants.
4. Special Teams: it’s a ******* joke......again.

I think you are wrong about #2. That was the best defensive performance I have seen from a Cane D since ND in 2017. I am hoping that is the beginning of what is to come the rest of the season.

I agree with #3 definitely. Enos should be coaching for his job the rest of the way.

It's the halfway point.

Miami got to 5-1 last year and then finished 7-6.

3-3 right now. Worry more about closing strong instead of lamenting what went wrong out the gate.

7-6 last season and a hot mess for years. Shouldn't come as such a shock that a first-year coach, staff and quarterback didn't hit the ground running.

Great point.. If you had to choose between the two being starting out great and ending bad or starting out bad and ending great..I think we wouldn't look so bad if we won out. Sometimes I forget we started 5-1 last year the end was so **** bad.

I don't want to get to carried away until I see how we perform these next 3 games. IF we can go into that UL game 6-3 and on a nice winning streak..that could really turn the tide for the team confidence wise.

Again, you think we are so talented just because kids came from south Florida.
I'm not from SoFla, never lived there. I don't have ANY loyalty to SoFla, people that live in SoFla or football players from SoFla.
But again I will concede that my opinion on the talent level of this team is based on third party information.
My point is I THINK that if UM wanted we could recruit 90% of the players that other coastal teams have, so it's still on the staff for making poor evals.

Advertisement
Yes I can. We absolutely have more talent on the roster than any other Coastal team. When it comes to winning the coastal Miami problems come from coaching. Watch our games and you can see the players being put in awful positions,
Our QB play is fine and can improve. Our QB is average; upside is questionable.
The OL is where awful talent met worst coaching. Zion should not be starting anymore, Donaldson should not be the one helping our weakest link, Gaynor is bad, Clark is young and probably should not start, Scaife is an above average FBS OL. Mahomes would have trouble operating behind this weak/slow OL, one of the worst in the P5.
Our pass defense is fine, is average and we have 4 new starters there. Carter, Hall, Ivey, Bubba. You say "fine," I say very average at best. LBs on pass drops and overall tackling by the back seven still a problem. DL has its moments, both good and bad.
See bolded replies above.

Richt sucked at Oline recruiting no way around that. Big Facts. There comes a time though when we can't blame everything on Richt. Richt wasn't on the sidelines when we struggled against CMU or lost to North Carolina or Tech ran over the top of us. Manny said this was the new Miami. The only thing holding us back was inept offense. His defense was elite. TNM. Ok show us. Talent had nothing to do with Tech loss. They proved that this week with UVA. Coaching and execution. Florida game is the only game we have played where talent was the issue.
Disagree. Even with the young Tackles and the penalties against UF we still should’ve won that game. You can call it whatever you want he’s trying to change a culture it doesn’t happen overnight. The backbone to any football team is the trenches. Look at the Kansas City chiefs. All world talent at the skill positions but are getting whooped up on both lines. The DLine for them is quite embarrassing and they lost their LT and have played like crap on offense (compared to last year).

You can have Saban as head coach, Smart at DC and Dan Mullen at OC and this team would still struggle. They are extremely young at key positions.

LoL, what the **** yall think coach richt was doing, he had to rebuild this team from the ground up, and in 3 years, he did a real good job of upgrading the talent on the roster to a national level as well as putting together a real solid coaching staff. Had he been here 5 years, this program would've been even better. All we're seeing now is coach diaz taking over in the midst of the rebuild, will he be able to maintain the level coach richt had us going in or will their be a drop off. While coach diaz is correct in his approach towards recruiting, he's not an established coach where that is going to get respected much in the recruiting world, but its definitely the right approach, better to weed out the phony commits now than see em make moves later. The main thing is, as long as this team starts to improve its on field play, cut down on the penalties, start playing more consistent, if things start coming together like that, we'll be alright as far as recruiting is concerned!
MR did NOT do a good job building up talent level of OL. When 2 true freshmen are playing because of talent level and not injury that is a major indictment.

Advertisement
Back