Saddest part about this year.

Redstate12

Junior
We didn't even need to go to Charlotte. All we had to do is compete. Show recruits we not rebuilding but retooling. How can you sell this but anything but a rebuild at this point. Start the season 4-1. Blow the doors off teams like Central Michigan. Win 8 to 10 games. Tell recruits this is a down year and with you we can compete for championships. Manny out here telling recruits you can't take anymore trips once you commit. Now that looks insane. Hopefully wrong and UVA is the begining of a resurgent year.

Advertisement
We aren’t out of the realm of a “retool” as you say. One could argue that’s exactly where we are at right now. Perry is now starting, Rossou is now playing more, Nesta playing more, Bolden now available and snaps went up, new kicker last game. True frosh T, RS Frosh T.
Let’s also not kid yourself with blow out wins vs Central Michigans of the world as a recruiting ploy. Nobody cares unless you lose and we didn’t lose to them.

Advertisement
We aren’t out of the realm of a “retool” as you say. One could argue that’s exactly where we are at right now. Perry is now starting, Rossou is now playing more, Nesta playing more, Bolden now available and snaps went up, new kicker last game. True frosh T, RS Frosh T.
Let’s also not kid yourself with blow out wins vs Central Michigans of the world as a recruiting ploy. Nobody cares unless you lose and we didn’t lose to them.
Manny already said Williams is the starter when healthy. I will absolutely kid myself about blow out wins against inferior competition as a recruiting ploy. We had a bunch of kids at that game. Home crowd booed throughout that game. We didn't execute. When recruiting a wide receiver to your school and playing what is essentially homecoming game quality competition you should blow the doors off. If I'm that reciever and you can't scheme a way for recievers to be wide open down after down when you have the better talent how does that help? Like I said at the end of the post. Hopefully the UVA game was us tiring the corner on the season.

1571141885474.jpeg

These are the things that you can pitch to kids that are leaning towards Miami.

Elite, program changers that have national options aren’t buying this stuff. These kids aren’t stupid.

Advertisement
We didn't even need to go to Charlotte. All we had to do is compete. Show recruits we not rebuilding but retooling. How can you sell this but anything but a rebuild at this point. Start the season 4-1. Blow the doors off teams like Central Michigan. Win 8 to 10 games. Tell recruits this is a down year and with you we can compete for championships. Manny out here telling recruits you can't take anymore trips once you commit. Now that looks insane. Hopefully wrong and UVA is the begining of a resurgent year.
I really don’t have no problem with what manny doing with recruits I feel like you should go on all of you’re vists and all that other stuff before you commit , cause most of these kids don’t know what commitment is anyways

LoL, what the **** yall think coach richt was doing, he had to rebuild this team from the ground up, and in 3 years, he did a real good job of upgrading the talent on the roster to a national level as well as putting together a real solid coaching staff. Had he been here 5 years, this program would've been even better. All we're seeing now is coach diaz taking over in the midst of the rebuild, will he be able to maintain the level coach richt had us going in or will their be a drop off. While coach diaz is correct in his approach towards recruiting, he's not an established coach where that is going to get respected much in the recruiting world, but its definitely the right approach, better to weed out the phony commits now than see em make moves later. The main thing is, as long as this team starts to improve its on field play, cut down on the penalties, start playing more consistent, if things start coming together like that, we'll be alright as far as recruiting is concerned!

I was thinking last night about this, the 2 games that really derailed this early part of the season were CMU and VT, no way to spin those two results as anything other than debacles. UNC is worst from a talent level standpoint, but they appear to be at least a decent team and rn there’s no reason to believe we can beat decent teams at home on prime time. It was the first game on the road with a young QB, yadayadayada, there is a spin there.

Therefore, we should be 4-2, In a better position on the coastal. There’s no way to spin not winning the coastal as a good thing, let’s be honest this division ******* sucks and we have 3 basketball schools leading the division atm and Pitt, VT and GT are middle of the pack FBS teams at best.

What bothers me(us) is that we absolutely have an advantage in the talent level, it should not be this hard.

Advertisement
I think we do need to get to Charlotte. Miami has looked awful at times. Miami plays in the weakest division in power 5 football. Miami on paper is more talented than the rest of the division. Big problem is if Miami goes to Charlotte how bad will it be? Not a crime to lose to Clemson. Would hate to get crushed. Competing would be a huge step forward. Miami needs help to win the coastal all because of 4th and 17 an UNC !!

What bothers me(us) is that we absolutely have an advantage in the talent level, it should not be this hard.

You look at our QB situation, our pass defense, and especially our OL play and can say that with a straight face? What are u basing that talent level on? That we have a lot of South Florida kids? All that means these days is they are strong on HS hype and far less impressive in terms of on-field production.

Advertisement
Blowing out CMU means little. Not being able to means a lot.

The saddest part is knowing we have the talent to win the games we lost.

The saddest parts that concern are:
1. Recruiting: we went from being #1 in the nation a year ago to barely sniffing the Top 20.
2. Defense: Year 5, under Diaz‘s watch, and the Defense has regressed significantly. I don’t care what the stats say. It’s fools gold. On top of that, he hires his cornball friend who isn’t ready nor qualified for this DC job.
3. Pro Set: everyone loves to kill Enos with his tight and I formations but the reality is this is what Diaz wants.
4. Special Teams: it’s a ******* joke......again.

It's a re-tool. We're just re-tooling how to lose to bad teams, make egregious errors, never play a complete game, lose recruiting battles, and keep the cycle of mediocrity/underachievement alive and kicking.

Advertisement
Back