Saddest part about this year.

Not really, my thinking is:
I don't think the OL players that we have are THIS bad. They are getting bad coaching, hurt by long developing plays, overall scheme and players that shouldn't start are starting. Last year OL was bad/average P5, the guys that left were this superior to the ones we got now?
I could be wrong on the OL and we may have the worst starting five in FBS level, but that doesn't mean the rest of the roster is devoided of talent, especially when comparing to the other teams on the coastal.
The OL is absolutely the worst in college football. The rest of the roster isn't devoid of talent, but when you lose the DL vs. OL matchup every week, it is an enormous problem.

Advertisement
MR did NOT do a good job building up talent level of OL. When 2 true freshmen are playing because of talent level and not injury that is a major indictment.

Did you see the first salvage class he had, only tre johnson was signed, only so much coach richt could do that 1st year, 2nd year he got navaughn, gaynor the other 3, herbert, dykstra and hillery havent contributed yet, 3rd year, scaife, reed and campbell, so in Truth he only had 2 full years to Truly address it, you might want to look at the penn disgrace morons o-line non-recruiting practices. Coach richt's last major project was the o-line, and he was addressing that!

As bad as the offensive line has been, UM was leading or tied late in the 4th qtr of all 3 losses. In all 3 losses UM was driving for go-ahead or tying score. They have competed, they just haven't closed.

Advertisement
Back