Sad Truth...Next Year Will Be Even Worse

Same GreenTree hype bull**** going on right now. Hype for the next 6 months, the .500 season, rinse & repeat.

Advertisement
Duke will be missed, but he was also misused. Dude should've been a 200 all purpose yardage (rushing & receiving) demon. If we had a pro-style offensive coordinator, I would feel much better about our returning firepower on this side of the ball. Coley. Dude is so-so as an OC...no feel for anything...conceptually...he's lacking fundamental structure. During the game yesterday I couldn't help but think, where are the Coley screens we were forced to digest the last two seasons, since SCe played so much off coverage. Yet, this dude runs one "tunnel" screen pass, Brilliant I tell you. I won't touch the defense.

Squad '15 needs some serious coaching, which sadly it won't receiver under Golden. I expect another underperforming squad next year.

I am tired of hearing the "next year will be worse" line of reasoning. We lose Duke and DP, both huge. But we'll have plenty of talent on our team to field a **** good team. Thankfully Thomas will be getting all the reps instead of Chick.
Slurp Much?

It's the opposite. You'll have many people on here making excuses (even Ghoulden) about "lack of talent" next year. Heck, if we struggle next year, I'm sure many will parrot this line. My point is that I don't want to hear that excuse when in reality, we have plenty of talebt

That is the point. It's not so much an issue that people think we don't have any talent, it's an issue that people realize we have less talent next year than we did this year unless some of those players step it up. If he couldn't win with what he had this year, how is he going to win next year? I think you are underestimating how much we are losing and how good the guys are that are replacing them. They are not bad players, but you're talking about 3-4 potential top 3 round players getting replaced.

Last edited:
We are also bringing back mcdermott, gadbois, linder, isadora and darling who all have tons of experience. We are only losing dorsett but he can easily be replaced. Herb waters, Stacy coley, Rashawn Scott, Malcolm Lewis, Braxton Berrios, Brady and Langham will get it done....... Rb we lose duke but we still have yearby and edwards who is coming into his own. And then you add scarlett, walton and williams to that mix... Despite what the mopers may say its still a lot of talent on this team. Its no way golden shouldnt win the acc next year and be in the playoffs but he will find a way to f_ck up like always...

Having talent on the team is not the issue. The problem is he couldn't win with what we have this year and the guys replacing those that are leaving are not better than them. Negged just for continued use of the moper term.

We are also bringing back mcdermott, gadbois, linder, isadora and darling who all have tons of experience. We are only losing dorsett but he can easily be replaced. Herb waters, Stacy coley, Rashawn Scott, Malcolm Lewis, Braxton Berrios, Brady and Langham will get it done....... Rb we lose duke but we still have yearby and edwards who is coming into his own. And then you add scarlett, walton and williams to that mix... Despite what the mopers may say its still a lot of talent on this team. Its no way golden shouldnt win the acc next year and be in the playoffs but he will find a way to f_ck up like always...

What have any of these guys done this season to lead you or anyone else to believe they will "get it done" next year? Duke, Dorsett, and Walford accounted for 65% ​of our total yards from scrimmage this year.

Who seriously thought dorsett would step up like he did this year after hurns left? Who predicted coley to have a sophmore slump? Im confident Waters, coley, lewis, scott, and berrios for sure will be good receiver corps to say the least especially since they get a whole offseason to train with their Sophmore Qb...

Advertisement

Having talent on the team is not the issue. The problem is he couldn't win with what we have this year and the guys replacing those that are leaving are not better than them. Negged just for continued use of the moper term.

Not a moper by any means just saying even with duke and the others leaving the talent is still enough to win the coastal to say the least.... but we have golden so thats not possible imo

Why is everyone acting like they haven't seen this movie before? We saw it in 2006.

Next year we will see the coaching staff completely lose the team. The 2016 recruiting class will predominantly consist of out of state recruits because the local kids will no longer buy al golden's bull****.

5-7 in 2015. 6-6 tops, but I don't see it.

Unfortunately I firmly believe being worse might actually be better for us. If we win 9 games what are the chances James fired Golden? After keeping him this season, I just dont see James firing Golden after actually improving the record, even though we are right back where we started when Golden got here.

What makes you believe that al golden can win 9 games with next year's roster when he barely won 6 games with this year's roster???

I wouldn't worry too much about UM winning too many games in 2015. lol

Advertisement

What have any of these guys done this season to lead you or anyone else to believe they will "get it done" next year? Duke, Dorsett, and Walford accounted for 65% ​of our total yards from scrimmage this year.

Who seriously thought dorsett would step up like he did this year after hurns left? Who predicted coley to have a sophmore slump? Im confident Waters, coley, lewis, scott, and berrios for sure will be good receiver corps to say the least especially since they get a whole offseason to train with their Sophmore Qb...

Even if that holds true, the defense will not be any better and will probably be worse with the loss of Denzel.

We were blown out by bad teams this year. Next year will be like watching a rerun of a bad movie.

You could give Dorito the Seattle Seahawks defense and he would f*ck it up.

Kaaya will take a step back next year. This offense without Duke to run and Dorset to stretch the field and walford. Defense without Denzel perryman.

Next year's team is not more talented.

We will win 4-5 games, defense will be ranked in the 60s and offense will be ranked in the 60s.

Kaaya will take a step back next year. This offense without Duke to run and Dorset to stretch the field and walford. Defense without Denzel perryman.

Next year's team is not more talented.

We will win 4-5 games, defense will be ranked in the 60s and offense will be ranked in the 60s.

Exactly! How anyone thinks that Kaaya's burden is going to be easier to carry next season with NO ONE able to take the top off the defense is delusional.

ive tried being all these years and i finally said fck that. i have no expectations for next year

Advertisement
It really doesn't mean one ******* thing where the talent is next year.

If anything at all was proven this year, it's only that this staph can take an extremely talented team and make them much less than the sum of their parts. Some would say this was proven prior to this season anyway, and what we saw this year was just further evidence.

Whatever. Things certainly aren't getting better next season. It doesn't matter if they get worse.

#UDONTCAREWEDONTCARE

I can see this trash setting itself up. Everyone is bemoaning our talent and claiming we'll be lucky to win 4 games. Then, we'll win 7, and all the cumbags will be screaming from the balconies about what a miracle Folden performed and all the improvement he engineered with a young team.

I think we will be worse, talent-wise.

Major depth issues at OL, Kirby is a huge drop-off from Perryman and no Duke. Also, we lose two seniors on the defensive line. We will miss their strength and experience.

Although the defensive line should be one of the most athletic we've had in a while (AQM, Kamalu, Thomas, McCord), those skills will be wasted in this scheme.

Is this guy done or do we have to wait another year ?!?

Advertisement

I'm not trying to be funny but you do realize Dorsett eclipsed 800 yards receiving as a sophomore, right? He was hurt last year so this year wasn't a surprise. Hurns was a beast prior to last year but was misused until last year. The same Dorsett. PD should not have had less than 60 receptions this year. None of players you named have proven to get consistent separation like PD and none of the players have speed like PD.

Unfortunately I firmly believe being worse might actually be better for us. If we win 9 games what are the chances James fired Golden? After keeping him this season, I just dont see James firing Golden after actually improving the record, even though we are right back where we started when Golden got here.

What makes you believe that al golden can win 9 games with next year's roster when he barely won 6 games with this year's roster???

I wouldn't worry too much about UM winning too many games in 2015. lol

I think we all should be worried about us winning games next year, because I think getting 8-9 wins could be enough for Blake James to continue being a complete idiot. I think it is actually impossible to keep Golden if he get under 7 wins next year. But I can actually see James still refusing to fire Golden if we got 8 or 9 wins. So, I'm very worried. Especially because he's probably firing Donofrio and some more ppl. So with new coaching we might get to 8 wins, even with Golden, and in that case they'll resell based on the "improvement"

Advertisement
Back