Sad Truth...Next Year Will Be Even Worse

Kaaya's gonna start taking 60 credit hours per semester looking to graduate early so he can transfer to UCLA.

Advertisement
I am tired of hearing the "next year will be worse" line of reasoning. We lose Duke and DP, both huge. But we'll have plenty of talent on our team to field a **** good team. Thankfully Thomas will be getting all the reps instead of Chick.

I am tired of hearing the "next year will be worse" line of reasoning. We lose Duke and DP, both huge. But we'll have plenty of talent on our team to field a **** good team. Thankfully Thomas will be getting all the reps instead of Chick.
Slurp Much?

Joe Yearby is not even half the back Duke is.

Duke was explosive and a phenom as a freshman. Yearby is mediocre at best by comparison. Huge downgrade.

Our receiving corps loses it's two most productive receivers.

Our mediocre and out of shape OL gets worse.

I really wish Kaaya would transfer. Kid has an NFL future that will be ruined by this program.

So UM has fallen so far until Yearby a five star running back who rushed for more yards than Duke in highschool while playing in Dade County is no longer good enough to win? Is that where we are with our program? So we need once in a generation players like Duke to win?

Yearby **** near finished with 1000 yards as a third string back most of the year. When the ACC championship games started only 200 yards separated him from Cook with 50 less carries while missing a game.

You sound like our coaches with the excuses. Duke Johnson's don't come around often but when you get Yearby's in which Dade county produces every year you must win.

I say we use reverse psychology and start calling Hurricane Hotline with predictions of 14-0 and a national title.

Put the pressure on that we expect Al to deliver what he's promised. A return to relevance and a playoff appearance are expected with that level of talent.

"And I fully expect Al to deliver, because that's what he came here to do". Then hang up.

Then when UNL comes in and shellacks us with a JAG team in the concrete mausoleum, the long knives can come out.

When we lose to Duke again....it heats up really hard.

Advertisement
Road Games:

W Duke
L Florida State
L North Carolina*** (?)
W Pittsburgh*** (?)
W Cincy
W FAU

Home Games:

W BCC
L Clemson
L Georgia Tech*** (?)
W Virginia*** (?)
L Virginia Tech
L Nebraska

6-6. Could be 7-5, could be 5-7, 4-8 is more realistic than 8-4.

4 stone cold lock losses, NO chance for a win (NU, VT, Clemson, Free Shoes)

When we whiff on the elite RBs, the supposedly solid Cane commits (Scarlett etc) we will have NO running game. (without Duke last night, we are 3 and out every posession, a harbimger of next year) Yearby was like Marvis Frazier again last night. Same plays Duke was gaining 6 yards on, Yearby was stopped for 1 yard.

No recievers (Berrios is OK, Waters is always hurt, Coley a no show)
OL will be a shell of this year's sporadic play
No QB depth, and Kaaya hasn't proven that he can win games, but lots of evidence that he can lose them.

We will miss Perrimen. No evidence of a respectable DL. Backfield underperforms as a rule.

****, we may lose 8 or 9 games.

Slurp Much?

It's the opposite. You'll have many people on here making excuses (even Ghoulden) about "lack of talent" next year. Heck, if we struggle next year, I'm sure many will parrot this line. My point is that I don't want to hear that excuse when in reality, we have plenty of talebt

We had 2-3 legit NFL players on offense making big plays for us all year in Duke, Walford, and Dorsett.

There's not a single player on our current roster or coming in next season that can do what even one of those guys did for us.

Advertisement

Duke was explosive and a phenom as a freshman. Yearby is mediocre at best by comparison. Huge downgrade.

I really wish Kaaya would transfer. Kid has an NFL future that will be ruined by this program.

So UM has fallen so far until Yearby a five star running back who rushed for more yards than Duke in highschool while playing in Dade County is no longer good enough to win? Is that where we are with our program? So we need once in a generation players like Duke to win?

Yearby **** near finished with 1000 yards as a third string back most of the year. When the ACC championship games started only 200 yards separated him from Cook with 50 less carries while missing a game.

You sound like our coaches with the excuses. Duke Johnson's don't come around often but when you get Yearby's in which Dade county produces every year you must win.

**** near finished with 1000 yards, only 500 off.

Duke doesn't fumble/drop an easy catch for a pick we win that game last night. If Duke doesn't fumble against Nebraska we would have had a good chance to win that game. He also fumbled early to set the tone for the Virginia disaster. Clearly Duke is one of the all time greats at Miami and he truly is a great kid more importantly. But he didn't win us a big game all year but certainly cost us a good chance to win some. Take that into account as well as if we hold onto walton, scarlett, and williams we will be fine at rb. Losing Perryman is the toughest to replace by far.

Stop.

Duke was the sole reason we even had a chance at winning games and the reason why we won a lot of them. Duke does fumble a little too much and in the must inopportune times, but he's still one of the best we've ever had.

**** near finished with 1000 yards, only 500 off.

I just entered this thread to say the same thing.

We're only losing 1600 of our 2300 rushing yards. No biggie though, Yearby looked like a horse......right?

Unfortunately I firmly believe being worse might actually be better for us. If we win 9 games what are the chances James fired Golden? After keeping him this season, I just dont see James firing Golden after actually improving the record, even though we are right back where we started when Golden got here.

Advertisement
The players we are losing is going to impact this team so much in a negative. Walford, Duke, and Dorsett protected this offense. Perryman was the lone bright spot on defense. We will be worse.

Duke doesn't fumble/drop an easy catch for a pick we win that game last night. If Duke doesn't fumble against Nebraska we would have had a good chance to win that game. He also fumbled early to set the tone for the Virginia disaster. Clearly Duke is one of the all time greats at Miami and he truly is a great kid more importantly. But he didn't win us a big game all year but certainly cost us a good chance to win some. Take that into account as well as if we hold onto walton, scarlett, and williams we will be fine at rb. Losing Perryman is the toughest to replace by far.

Lol, you're about to get jumped on for saying anything negative about Duke Johnson. I'm happy he came to Miami and did some great things for us but he does need to work on his ball security in the NFL. He loses the ball a lot even when it's not a fumble. He gave us his all though and I'm proud he's a cane.

How about this concept? If we turn the ball over, the defense actually makes a ******* stop? Is that possible?

Advertisement
Standish Dobard will be a very good player next year. He is next in line for Tight End U.....

We are also bringing back mcdermott, gadbois, linder, isadora and darling who all have tons of experience. We are only losing dorsett but he can easily be replaced. Herb waters, Stacy coley, Rashawn Scott, Malcolm Lewis, Braxton Berrios, Brady and Langham will get it done....... Rb we lose duke but we still have yearby and edwards who is coming into his own. And then you add scarlett, walton and williams to that mix... Despite what the mopers may say its still a lot of talent on this team. Its no way golden shouldnt win the acc next year and be in the playoffs but he will find a way to f_ck up like always...

We are also bringing back mcdermott, gadbois, linder, isadora and darling who all have tons of experience. We are only losing dorsett but he can easily be replaced. Herb waters, Stacy coley, Rashawn Scott, Malcolm Lewis, Braxton Berrios, Brady and Langham will get it done....... Rb we lose duke but we still have yearby and edwards who is coming into his own. And then you add scarlett, walton and williams to that mix... Despite what the mopers may say its still a lot of talent on this team. Its no way golden shouldnt win the acc next year and be in the playoffs but he will find a way to f_ck up like always...

What have any of these guys done this season to lead you or anyone else to believe they will "get it done" next year? Duke, Dorsett, and Walford accounted for 65% ​of our total yards from scrimmage this year.

What evidence is there that Kaaya will be nothing more than the scared game loser he was this year? Was it the great improvement of KW, Jacory and Morris over their years?

We have been brutalized by naming young QBs "GB for Life" only to watch them get wotrse and worse, with NO plan B

Advertisement
Back