Sad day for CFB if realignment occurs

Advertisement
This "feels" like what happened with the European soccer fiasco earlier this year. The backlash by fans of both the teams leaving to form the super conference and those left behind was massive. It absolutely crushed the mutiny.

I wonder if CFB fans and administrations that are getting the short end of the stick will launch a similar strike.

This "feels" like what happened with the European soccer fiasco earlier this year. The backlash by fans of both the teams leaving to form the super conference and those left behind was massive. It absolutely crushed the mutiny.

I wonder if CFB fans and administrations that are getting the short end of the stick will launch a similar strike.
Americans won’t have the same principles. Fans of teams that were included were having mass protests. Here they will say SEC SEC and be thrilled they are part of it.

Last edited:

SEC fans aren’t gonna want this either. No one does except the programs making the money, but what they can gain with that is not anywhere near the fan support they will face/lose.

Advertisement

I don't follow soccer. What was the outcome of this?

I seriously don't see how u leave a market like Miami out of any big picture. LA too.

I think SEC saw the vision back in 2012 when Alabama abd LSU played for the national title... then again in when Bama and UGA played. They raked in all the revenue.

Now they have their sites set on having all 4 playoff teams come from SEC...adding OU and Texas increases their chances.

Even if CFB playoff expansion happens it will still benefit them all while keeping cashing in $$$$

Advertisement
i'm actually a fan of it

less beatings of kansas and vanderbuilt, more oklahoma vs bama, bama vs texas, oklahoma vs georgia

and ofc, if bama is in the east.... HAHAHAHAAHAHA GATORS YOU'RE NEVER WINNING ANYTHING EVER AGAIN.

I don't follow soccer. What was the outcome of this?

I seriously don't see how u leave a market like Miami out of any big picture. LA too.
Outcome? The new super legue disbanded. The departing clubs went crawling back to their leagues. Administrations who orchestrated the move got fired. The narrative was during the attempted coup was on those betraying their existing leagues and alliances. The attempted move resulted in such backlash that the venture failed.

That is extremely unlikely to happen here. The narrative is on how can those excluded form the juggernaut SEC survive. What will they do? How will they compete? There is very little public outcry or calls for the NCAA or government interference. Nothing will stop this from moving forward and long-term it could destroy college football as we know it.

Sixty-four teams. Four conferences of 16 teams each. Two divisions per conference of eight teams each. Eight total division winners play for four conference championships, enter a four-team playoff for the title. Each team plays every team in their division plus two or three. So nine or ten total regular season, plus conference championship, plus playoff, plus national championship means at most 13 games played in a season.

No more Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Iowa State, Wake Forest, Duke, etc etc etc.

This is the way things should have went when the BCS came about.

We’re on the same accord.

Advertisement
Good article from Arkansas writer explaining why he believes it wont happen... says they have 3 no votes already and just need 1 more and thinks it will come from just about any team

If ND joins a conference, they have to join the ACC. The are contractually bound and the financial penalty for breaking that contract is quite enormous.
Yes, but who knows once lawyers get involved. Maryland was supposed to pay $50M to leave for the Big 10, but went to court and ended up only paying $31M.

Advertisement
Good article from Arkansas writer explaining why he believes it wont happen... says they have 3 no votes already and just need 1 more and thinks it will come from just about any team
I’ve said this in other places, but I just don’t understand why any single SEC team would want this to happen. It’s great for the collective and bad for the individuals.

Whats interesting is what happens if they don’t let them in. OU and UT cannot possibly stay in the B12 after this fiasco. Means another conference could get them, and that prospect alone makes me think the SEC finds a way to weasel them in.

ND will never do that, they want their freedom of schedule. They make more money being able to schedule teams like USC annually. I don’t see them ever joining a conference unless the playoff format requires it. ND makes too much money on their current deal to do anything else.
ND’s share of the ACCN deal would exceed their NBC
I wish I only had $31 million 😔
Yes, and 3/5 of the $50M they were allegedly going to pay.

Point being whatever penalty ND might have to pay to dump the ACC can be negotiated.

I’ve said this in other places, but I just don’t understand why any single SEC team would want this to happen. It’s great for the collective and bad for the individuals.

Whats interesting is what happens if they don’t let them in. OU and UT cannot possibly stay in the B12 after this fiasco. Means another conference could get them, and that prospect alone makes me think the SEC finds a way to weasel them in.

The SEC will really have to sell the teams on why this is good for not just the league but for them in general.

They said A&M, Mizzou and Arkansas are firm no's... talked about why Arky left in the early 90s due to Texas... A&M and Mizzou were ****ed when Texas cut the Longhorn network deal.

Advertisement
Back