Sad day for CFB if realignment occurs

The SEC will really have to sell the teams on why this is good for not just the league but for them in general.

They said A&M, Mizzou and Arkansas are firm no's...
I find it hilarious that two teams that bolted the Big12 are firm no's.

Sounds a bit Hypocritical.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why is it so hard to contemplate?

A&M and Missouri left to get a leg up. Not to be joined a minute later by the two teams they were trying to 1 up. End of story.

Advertisement
The SEC will really have to sell the teams on why this is good for not just the league but for them in general.

They said A&M, Mizzou and Arkansas are firm no's... talked about why Arky left in the early 90s due to Texas... A&M and Mizzou were ****ed when Texas cut the Longhorn network deal.

Facts! A&M wanted nothing associated w/ UT after that, including sponsorships or conference affiliation.

Advertisement
Oh, I agree the sport is broken. But I question whether enough people realize just how broken it is, and how the collective - potentially decades long dominance by two or three teams in a sport serves to just destroy interest. How it will lead to 2/3rds of the sports members going away. And with that, the high school programs in those areas. And how once that happens, politicization of the actual sport itself in terms of whether it should exist will rapidly intensify. And eventually it is banned, or changed into a hybrid tackle/flag/sensor touch game.
Minor leagues will form, perhaps affiliated with the NFL (who may not want to invest in a farm system), or not. Maybe leagues like the XFL or the other that folded become these farm systems.

College football is reduced to the equivalent of college baseball. The cream of the high school crop, the 5-star and best 4-star players, sign with the minors. Maybe some 4/3-star players sign with the minors, but attend one or two years of college.

And, the players signing with the minors out of high school have union representation and collective bargaining.

Last edited:
Minor leagues will form, perhaps affiliated with the NFL (who may not want to invest in a farm system), or not. Maybe leagues like the XFL or the other that folded become these farm systems.

College football is reduced to the equivalent of college baseball. The cream of the high school crop, the 5-star and best 4-star players, sign with the minors. Maybe some 4/3-star players sign with the minors, but attend one or two years of college.

And, the players signing with the minors out of high school have union representation and collective bargaining.
And that’s when football will be over for me. I guess I need to reup my fishing gear.

Advertisement
And that’s when football will be over for me. I guess I need to reup my fishing gear.
No argument. CFB has lost luster for me over the past 20-25 years. Of course, one reason is Miami’s decline since the early 2000s. I think if the Canes were on a run like Bama’s I’d be more enthusiastic.

What I dislike is focus on the economics; the ‘arms race’ of facilities, the explosion of coaching salaries, and the corruption of amateurism. Cheating is one thing, people will always try to game a system. Miami is punished for Nevin Shapiro’s rouge antics while the bag game played by the top programs is allowed to continue nearly out in the open.

Burn it down.

Agreed, and you know what, that may not be so bad. College football would become a truer "amateur" sport again. Bagmen won't be needed. The playing field would be made much more level.

Advertisement
Back