Saban in the Late 90s Spent a Lot Time at Greentree (with Butch) Learning the Miami Blueprint

Advertisement
Weird how no one good wants to hire such a legend.

I've had lots of job offers - really great jobs - and turned them down because I didn't want to move there - or didn't want to assume the duties that place wished for me to.

And you'll not find these offers on the internet - and I never saw reason to discuss the specifics with anyone -

How, exactly, did you intuit that no one wanted to hire him previously? You got that ESP - or PES, SEP, or EPS magic?

No, you just made an assumption.

Advertisement
So the teams were better when Butch wasn't even in Miami. That says a lot.

It demonstrate that he coached up a self-disciplined, self-motivating team.

If you don't believe that - ask the players that were there - ask Ed Reed. Do a bit of looking, and listen to what Ed Reed has said.

Did Congress over the last weeks declare that ignorance is now a virtue?

It demonstrate that he coached up a self-disciplined, self-motivating team.

If you don't believe that - ask the players that were there - ask Ed Reed. Do a bit of looking, and listen to what Ed Reed has said.

Yes, and they were better when he was gone, like I already said.

I've had lots of job offers - really great jobs - and turned them down because I didn't want to move there - or didn't want to assume the duties that place wished for me to.

And you'll not find these offers on the internet - and I never saw reason to discuss the specifics with anyone -

How, exactly, did you intuit that no one wanted to hire him previously? You got that ESP - or PES, SEP, or EPS magic?

there will never be a shortage of Butch-haters on this board .

Advertisement

Were they beautiful offers? The best offers? Would you say some people in CFB refer to you as a "stable genius" ?

If you think Clappy was the real Head Coach - and not just a substitute teacher - you gotta problem.

You forget - he did the bulk of evaluation and recruiting for JJ's teams. Which were handed to Erickson - and damned if Erickson didn't win with JJ's (Butch's) boys!

So the team was better with a lame duck head coach than they were with Butch. Keep making my case for me.

With butch, he would start from scratch, his main thing is, he would've been forced this team to earn the right to pass the ball, they would definitely become better run blockers and than developinto pass blockers, and the d-line would be forced to stop the run, that in turn forces you to have a tougher team. The main rebuild has to be done with the staff, not the players. When you bringing in coaches that have no UM ties, they need to be surrounded by other coaches that do!

Advertisement
So the teams were better when Butch wasn't even in Miami.
Wrong, 2000-2002 were all him. 2000 went 11-1, robbed of title.
Now lets compare that to your Mannuro slurping. He's 3-4 and losing to 1-5 worse P5 teams.
Yet this is what you said about Mannuro and his terrible coaching:
That's your Effect assessment of team

Advertisement
It's very simple. If you're going to make the claim that Butch can repeat what he did from 1998-2000, why hasn't he repeated it? That is a valid question, because if he can't repeat it, what makes him the best candidate?
My question was a valid one as well. One you won't answer. Because you can't. Say what you want but you WISH our guys were playing like Butch's. Now go on and lie and say you don't.

My question was a valid one as well. One you won't answer. Because you can't. Say what you want but you WISH our guys were playing like Butch's. Now go on and lie and say you don't.

I didn't see any question that you asked. Probably because I ignore lame attempts to change the subject.

Advertisement
Back