Saban has retired.

FSU fans confident he’s staying but we’ll see

ehhh other "fans" are still flipping out. Seems like the guy is solely basing that off of him continuing to recruit which so TF what? Wasn;t Manny out recruiting as we were flying Mario in? Happens all the time but until you have a new job you continue working your current one.

Advertisement
I'm not buying this story they are weaving about him being "tired" and that "age" is an issue. I mean, I can see it yeah... but I doubt this is the case. If he was truly this tired, he would have announced it beforehand and e$ECpn would have had a countdown to the date, numerous specials leading up to the date and his last game would've been promoted like there was no tomorrow. The conspiracy theorist inside me is thinking something fishy is going on here...

I'm not buying this story they are weaving about him being "tired" and that "age" is an issue. I mean, I can see it yeah... but I doubt this is the case. If he was truly this tired, he would have announced it beforehand and e$ECpn would have had a countdown to the date, numerous specials leading up to the date and his last game would've been promoted like there was no tomorrow. The conspiracy theorist inside me is thinking something fishy is going on here...
His wife is supposedly having some health issues.

Advertisement
Summary of FootballScoop article from ~30 minutes ago... Alabama is swiftly seeking a replacement for football coach Nick Saban. Top contenders include Kalen DeBoer, Mike Norvell, and Tommy Rees. Notable figures like Jimmy Sexton are involved. Mike Locksley and Eli Drinkwitz are also in consideration. Locksley, with support from players and boosters, previously won the Broyles Award. DeBoer has a remarkable record, and Norvell led Florida State to a 13-1 season. Rees, the youngest candidate, contributed to Alabama's recent successes. Other names in the mix are Lane Kiffin, Steve Sarkisian, and Dabo Swinney, with varying levels of traction. The decision is expected by the week's end.

Advertisement
Everyone gonna turn it down and they gonna throw a bag at Mario
What Is Up Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Advertisement

Id bet on Rees.

I just don't think successful head coaches with cushy gigs are going to want to deal with the Bama fans expectations. Ohio State fans have been wanting to fire Ryan Day because he got beat a couple times in a row by Michigan. Now imagine that times 1000 if Bama goes on a losing streak to Auburn.

Also should preemptively remove the names of any black coaches from the candidate list because you know why

Advertisement
Id bet on Rees.

I just don't think successful head coaches with cushy gigs are going to want to deal with the Bama fans expectations. Ohio State fans have been wanting to fire Ryan Day because he got beat a couple times in a row by Michigan. Now imagine that times 1000 if Bama goes on a losing streak to Auburn.
Alabama fans wanted Rees to be fired as OC, imagine the tears if he becomes HC.

I can’t see it tbh

Id bet on Rees.

Also should preemptively remove the names of any black coaches from the candidate list because you know why

Lol
Not a ******* chance. Remember what Tennessee did when UT hired Schiano some years back? Imagine that x50.

Advertisement
Back