Saban has retired.

Jimmy Sexton telling Alabama that none of my big boys want to be the guy after the guy except for mid Mike but check out these other options I have for you

Teeth Weirdo GIF

Advertisement
He was alluding to the recruiting and politics that go into it I guess. Whatever that means haha

Yeah I would think Sark would have been their first choice if they had a chance with him. He’d be an idiot to leave what he’s building in Texas
I guess I partially agree with that. I wouldn't leave Texas for Bama right now. Kids went to Tuscaloosa for Saban. I've already seen former greats and all-pros saying they would have hit the portal the next day if Saban retired when they were there.

I have a feeling whoever takes the job is going to have a hard time aligning with the powers of that program who haven't had to lift a finger in 15 years. No one is going to run it like Saban. Someone is going to be tricked into thinking they're taking over the same Alabama program that they've seen in the last 2 decades and expect cruise control to be on and it'll ruin their career. That or the powers are going to assume it's on cruise control and whoever they hire is going to get the Bama recruiting bump and thrive because of the name Alabama not realizing how much power Saban actually had.

Not sure which way it goes just yet. Beyond hiring Kirby or Sark.. I can't really see a way it doesn't end poorly for someone.

I feel like Bama brass is going to try to or wants to recreate the Saban to Bama situation.

Back searching for someone with college experience that's in the NFL. Won't be Ryans who is probably coach of the year...

Not sure there's a clear option in that scenario - I would have said Rhule if this was last year.
Well there's Mike Vrabel available. But I'd be incredibly surprised if he went to Bama. He'd be a home run if he did obviously. But he's going to Patriots most likely. If not then he's still one of if not the top available coach for NFL spot he chooses.

Other NFL guys would include Bill OBrien, Todd Monken, Thomas Brown, Brian Johnson....

Those are just guys I can think of with clear college experience. Not necessarily that they'd actually make sense for Bama HC

Advertisement
I seriously doubt they touch Lane with all the headaches he caused there as an assistant. There’s a reason Saban told him to gtfoh.

Yea the guy doing the hiring has already fired him once so I doubt he turns the other cheek and hires him back

Norvell must be praying to every single god to be picked as the next Bama coach.
Dude has to rebuild and hope to win 10 games with fspoo. Next year can have him go from hero to zero if they win 7-8 games.
If he wins 9 games with Bama he will be forgiven and “implementing a new scheme” new players excuse”.

FSU fans believe he is Saban at this point

Advertisement
Class of 24 guys.

From my understanding ones that started classes yesterday would have to use one time transfer if they enter Portal.

Ones who are not arriving until Summer could get out of NLI.

If they signed the LOI, they are bound (legally). They would need to be released from the LOI by the school. Think "Jaden Rashada". Getting out of the LOI is NOT automatic, the school has to be "nice" about it.

So you might be technically correct, or fully correct IF IF IF the school lets the kid out of the LOI.

Advertisement
Advertisement
As a PWO?

I joke, I keed...
Well one of them yeah lol.
But now it's looking like Norvell may be staying. These agent just 1by1 getting all his guys raises. Lol Norvell probably making more than Mario by now.
Dabo next up on the rumor list and betting odds for sure. Then Deboer is likely to get the job or some ****

Advertisement
Back