Saban has retired.

Don’t confuse UW recruiting w/ DeBoer though. I don’t think he’ll be at Saban’s level, but they’ll pull in top 7-8 classes. H
Exactly just enough to slowly decline. I was worried about someone like Lanning or Sarkisian more. They would pick up right where Nick left off at with #1 classes.

Advertisement
I see some of ya’ll can’t get out ur own way b/c u’re allowing envy & wishful thinking to cloud judgement.

Some of ya’ll said the same chit about Kelly to LSU b/c of ur personal feelings v. checking his history.

Some of ya’ll r acting as if Bama pulled a UF by hiring & taking a chance on an up & comer G5 coach vs. an established P5 guy. U know what’s a different beast? Taking over a 4-8 team & turning them into a winner and CFP Finalist immediately.

This dude is 104-12 (.896) for his coaching career with limited to zero resources at his disposal. WTF do u think is going to happen w/ a machine behind him? There’s two guys I dreaded going to Bama, Lanning and DeBoer.
robert de niro goodfellas GIF

Advertisement
We’re more worried about coaches being at Bama of which Deboer beat them all multiple times and after just inheriting a complete disaster of a program with a roster considerably less talented overall…..

Home run hire for them. Hope I’m wrong. Mario for 2030!

And he maximized that ***** (fast forward)

DeBoer's gonna have it figured out sooner or later. Brian Kelly went into LSU and tried doing it how he's always done it for a couple of seasons then finally went all in on acquiring big boy assistant coaches the last few weeks.
DoBoer is either gonna learn from Kelly's initial misstep or simply skip that mistake.

Saban was the best to ever do it, so no matter who they hired they will definitely slip a bit. Deboer will win a lot though and will more than likely win at least one title.

Advertisement
I hope he fails miserably but this seems like a good hire for them to continue the status quo…

Non-recruiter until proven otherwise but excels in development and coaching. I think he can still pull in top 10 classes easy but Bama might be done comfortably being top 2 every year. But they don’t give trophies for recruiting so there’s that.

To be fair they’re 100 percent in the playoff if they don’t lose their qb.

Aint no fun when the rabbit got the gun.

**** them.

They got bit by the same snake that struck us. I hope they get blown out for the rest of their existence.

Advertisement
What if the Sabag/Baga machine/model IS dependent upon essentially having the #1 recruiting class annually?

Does it not become a completely irrelevant dynamic then in everything else aside from providing elite level support to a system only previously tested in essentially low pressure settings and only over 3 total seasons?

I know there's a head-to-head record here but Lanning is the only guy of the hires that I thought were possible that I was actually really afraid of possibly* being a long term problem for the sport and a big problem for us on the trail.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back