Saban has retired.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The specter of Sir Alex Ferguson still looms large at Old Trafford. He's there for every home game and has an input in the Board. Eerily similar situation here.

DeBoer should have said "Saban leaves or I'm staying at Washington - those are my terms".
Agree.

I don’t understand why a successful coach would accept those terms.

Advertisement
The specter of Sir Alex Ferguson still looms large at Old Trafford. He's there for every home game and has an input in the Board. Eerily similar situation here.

DeBoer should have said "Saban leaves or I'm staying at Washington - those are my terms".
Not really, longtime Man Utd fan here and this is not nearly the same situation, much worse actually.

While SAF's legacy at United is legendary, never once did any of the preceding four managers (coaches) say or even imply that SAF would have "100% access to everything."

This is a dysfunctional arrangement and almost certain to fail.

Advertisement
While him and the unequal hand of enforcement by NCAA played a big part in the games current state. Can't blame him. The current state of the sport is a **** show right now and only getting worse.
Agreed.. but again. All caused by the NCAA.

All they had to do was take all those lawsuits seriously some years back, and came up with a plan to pay players.. they would have avoided all this.. but instead the states and the government stepped in and made them powerless.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back