Saban has retired.

They are attempting to prevent kids from transferring. That is the only reason for the rush. I want them to **** this up.
Somebody made a tweet the other day that Alabama has only had 3 good head football coaches in its history, with Saban being one of them. The probability seems high that they do eff this up which would be absolutely glorious and hilarious.

Advertisement
The problem facing Bama is the same problem that faced Miami in 2000.
You’re trying to recreate or continue what was basically impossible.
How long did it take them to replace Bryant?
You don’t replace or replicate a run like that.
Kids and families weren’t going to Alabama. They were going to play for Nick Saban.
No one available right now is gonna have that kind of juice on the trail nor on campus.

“Hey we need to upgrade the football dorms”
Admin “slow down buddy you ain’t Saban”

Come play for the best kid
“Yeah… um…. the best was Nick Saban”
It’s literally an impossible task.

1) FSU fans freaking out that Norvell will leave for Alabama to replace the greatest coach of all time is very much in line with their overall delusion. I think he would be a disaster there. The guy folded like a cheap chair when his team didn't make the playoffs, I can only imagine how he'd handle the pressure of THAT job, especially with his HS recruiting deficiencies.

2) if it is DeBoer, I never thought Alabama would go with someone who wasn't more of a guarantee. The guy is a good coach, for sure, but it's not certain he would be a guarantee success like an Urban hire would be. Especially not having experience coaching in an environment like that with the expectations. It could go real bad, which I'm here for.
His record is 104-12. Guy knows how to coach football and obviously organize a staff. There is a reason he is a top candidate. If they hire Norvell it is only because the top 5 candidates all said no.

Advertisement
1) FSU fans freaking out that Norvell will leave for Alabama to replace the greatest coach of all time is very much in line with their overall delusion. I think he would be a disaster there. The guy folded like a cheap chair when his team didn't make the playoffs, I can only imagine how he'd handle the pressure of THAT job, especially with his HS recruiting deficiencies.

2) if it is DeBoer, I never thought Alabama would go with someone who wasn't more of a guarantee. The guy is a good coach, for sure, but it's not certain he would be a guarantee success like an Urban hire would be. Especially not having experience coaching in an environment like that with the expectations. It could go real bad, which I'm here for.
Dude just wins

Over the course of his head-coaching career, DeBoer is a remarkable 104-12, which includes a 25-3 mark in two seasons at Washington. DeBoer previously went 12-6 in two seasons at Fresno State. Perhaps his greatest success came at the NAIA level, where he went 67-3 at Sioux Falls, his alma mater, and led the program to three NAIA championships.

Wait a second, are you saying that Norvell to Bama is potentially a real thing? If yes I must be living in an alternate universe. They would go from the king of college football to Mike freaking Norvell?
Norvell is a good coach man. He goes to Bama and now he doesn’t have tov

yall are underselling the structure Saban is leaving behind. Norvell doesn’t have to recruit at Bama just hire people who will for him. Talk about a logo that recruits itself and believe it or not has kids were impressed with fsu they’ll be excited to play for him at Bama. And the wash guy is a freaking stud I’d hate to see him there

Advertisement
Lanning was at home watching a Bourne movie. His house is a long way from Alabama. That nonsense was fed by a television (KVAL) guy from Eugene who "knew people" in Tuscaloosa. oops! Some players called Lanning and he put down the rumor. One can find the next morning's team meeting on youtube. Good luck with M.C. and good luck to the next QB he fails to develop. Lanning has as much passion for the game as Cristobal has management issues. So, a ton of passion.
Miami from the past was awesome. I remember being glad we never played them because that team was on another level of excellence.

yall are underselling the structure Saban is leaving behind. Norvell doesn’t have to recruit at Bama just hire people who will for him. Talk about a logo that recruits itself and believe it or not has kids were impressed with fsu they’ll be excited to play for him at Bama. And the wash guy is a freaking stud I’d hate to see him there
I don’t know man. He just doesn’t seem to have the personality to deal with the pressure of replacing Saban. I do agree that in the short term he will almost be on autopilot but it’s possible that the spotlight and pressure eats him up pretty quickly.

I don’t know man. He just doesn’t seem to have the personality to deal with the pressure of replacing Saban. I do agree that in the short term he will almost be on autopilot but it’s possible that the spotlight and pressure eats him up pretty quickly.
It’s entirely possible for sure. But who on earth can replace Saban and not feel pressure?

Advertisement

Speaking from personal experience, that’s not how that works.

It’s not an automated machine that just keeps running.

A lot of what was being done, was being done at the direction/vision of Saban. Yes, he doesn’t do it on his own, but it is done at his behest.

I’ve left places I’ve worked at “like a well-oiled machines” only to find out years later that the bedrock of the concept/vision eroded and was never taken care of.

I expect the same to happen at Bama.

Advertisement
His record is 104-12. Guy knows how to coach football and obviously organize a staff. There is a reason he is a top candidate. If they hire Norvell it is only because the top 5 candidates all said no.
You using G5 record here?

This guy seems to always be wrong but whatever

This ******

Lol though

Screenshot_20240112_105401_X.jpg

Advertisement
Back