Saban has retired.

Advertisement
Alabama will not recruit at the same level with Norvell as with Saban.
It’s a whole different level with the midget.
Dude has a mystique and a prestige that no other coach has right now.
The logo isn’t the same with a new coach.
It’s the mistake that everyone has made down here. New coaches have always believed that they can just walk into any hs in the tricounty area and get whoever they want case they have a U on their polo.

If any new coach thinks that that A is gonna sell itself they’re crazy.
That A sells cause that midget has a lot of rings and respect. Bama has changed coordinators, position coaches, etc…. and the only constant has been little Nicky.

Recruits are gonna want to see at least one season before they just jump on board no questions asked
Will they get visits and crystal balls? Yes. Will they be in everyone’s top 10 yes.
Will they land a number one class? Remains to be seen.

Day hasn’t won a chip since Urban left. And he’s even had more recruiting success and nfl qb’s than Urban.
I disagree lol the logo in south Florida is just overrated by its fans. The Bama brand has been brainwashed into these kids mindsets and it has an infrastructure behind it. It’s a guaranteed scheduled substance. But we’ll see really soon lol

FSU Norvell to Bama and then Deion to FSU. Just cannot see DeBoer as Bama coach.

Miami/FSU games would be frickin epic with alumnus as the HCs

Advertisement
Word is Bama is not a big time player in the student athlete $$$ game now that everybody can do it. They didn't really have to be bc they had Saban (have heard similar about UGA as well). Add that in w the prospect of following a legend (Law 41: Avoid stepping into a Great Man's shoes) ...

Their top choices view their current spots as better options in the current and future College landscape.

I disagree lol the logo in south Florida is just overrated by its fans. The Bama brand has been brainwashed into these kids mindsets and it has an infrastructure behind it. It’s a guaranteed scheduled substance. But we’ll see really soon lol
It will be interesting. Ryan Day is a good example of a guy taking over a machine built by Tressel and Meyer and not falling off much at all. Les Miles is another one that had a very good run after taking over for Saban.

Bama sounds like is missing out on top 4 choices....
About an hour ago, I thought Heupel might be a dark horse candidate for them. Although I now think Glenn Schumann would be the next best choice if they're missing out on Sark, Lanning, DeBoer, and Prison Mike.

Advertisement
He can’t go anywhere with his show cause, right?

The new NCAA rule says what’s good for the goose, is good for the gander…and penalties levied against an assistant coach are also paid by the HC.
He specifically did not get a show cause he could have gone

Random thoughts:
- it is probably the Washington guy, but it would be so awesome if it wasn’t and then knowing that Alabama basically struck out on the premier guys that were on most of the rumor lists. It just means more right?
- Love watching FSU cry babies go from crying about how Alabama screwed them over for the playoffs but want their coach so that means they must’ve been great, only to today find out that either Alabama never wanted their coach or their coach interviewed and didn’t get it but he still awesome

Advertisement
About an hour ago, I thought Heupel might be a dark horse candidate for them. Although I now think Glenn Schumann would be the next best choice if they're missing out on Sark, Lanning, DeBoer, and Prison Mike.

Schumann isn’t ready for a G5 job, much less a job like Alabama.

I will fall off my chair with laughter if DeBoer says no and they actually make a rush decision to go with Tommy Rees. That would be the kind of fail hire we can all get behind.

Bama hiring Rees would be way worse than us hiring Manny. At least Manny was decent as a DC when he was here.

If you're a Bama hater, hope that they hire Tommy Rees.

Advertisement
The question is, is he number one or is he the only one left on the original list before they have to pull the Mario transfer quarterback scenario and start looking for some dude from division seven
Whomever wrote here that they want Norvell to Bama and Deion to FSU needs to get their head checked. Deion would murder Mario in in-state battles.

Whomever wrote here that they want Norvell to Bama and Deion to FSU needs to get their head checked. Deion would murder Mario in in-state battles.
Bill Murray Ok GIF

Somebody made a tweet the other day that Alabama has only had 3 good head football coaches in its history, with Saban being one of them. The probability seems high that they do eff this up which would be absolutely glorious and hilarious.
Look at CFB in general. Miami is really the only program that maintained high levels of success changing between multiple coaches. And we did it with 4, 5 if you wanna give Coker credit.

Advertisement
Back