Saban has retired.

I don't believe Kiffin would ever be hired
I'm not so sure Dabo would leave Clemson,
or Bama would even want him . I think they would want a coach that could be there for a long time. Lanning makes the most sense.

Mike Shula wants his job back.
I don't know if Lanning has the resume. It's Alabama, they'll have a contingency plan, the dude was 72 years old - this can't have come as a surprise to them... but it's going to be interesting to watch.

Advertisement
Nah Carroll is way too cool a dude for that job. Bama is just a giant bland bulldozer. Imagine what Bama fans would be saying if some "inner city" kid (codewords- you know what that means) started hotdogging on the field. That would not go over well.
True lol... But hey man, MONEY TALKS. And they will be looking for a big hire/splash name. It's Bama, they have nothing else lol. They won't settle.

I don't know if Lanning has the resume. It's Alabama, they'll have a contingency plan, the dude was 72 years old - this can't have come as a surprise to them... but it's going to be interesting to watch.

I'm hoping Bama will pull a Miami and buy out Manny Diaz's contract from Duke before he's coached a game.

For Mario to keep the job and maybe just maybe give us a sliver of hope 8-4 and it disgusts me to say that but with saban retiring and my fear of urban taking over if you don't win or show signs of winning and improvement this year transfers and decommits are coming

Advertisement
Not surprising in the slightest.

1) He can no longer win with Mike Shula's players.

2) Has been completely lost on offense after Enos left and now would have no clue on defense without Steele.

3) Saw that a better overall coach in Pete Carroll just got fired and was afraid Miss Terry could never look down into his eyes again if he didn't go out on his own terms.

4) NIL and the transfer portal have only started to negate the extreme competitive advantage he and his conference had (in conjunction with a more than complicit NCAA) with rampant unabated cheating for the better part of the last 15+ years. He's in his 70's and would rather live life on Jupiter Island than deal with hillbillies eventually forcing him out with the Bobby Bowden "goodbye" as the program deteriorates.

I had a nightmare where Saban coached Bama and won a championship every three years until he died, then had his head frozen, and in the year 2300 had his frozen head thawed and attached to a robot body, and then coached Alabama until the year 3000. I might need to stop drinking nyquil before bed time.
SmartSelect_20240110_180929_Google.gif

Advertisement
Would be funny if Kirby Smart stabbed UGA in the back and left for Bama. I'm hoping they get Dabo. He loathes the portal, and that's not going to work in cfb anymore. Plus f### Clemson.

Advertisement
Dabo had issues at Clemson this past two years or so, if Alabama went after him i wonder what he would say?

Advertisement
Mario would actually do pretty good at Alabama, it wouldn't be difficult to land top notch coordinators there. He would be able to recruit at the same level of Saban.

Advertisement
Back