Saban calls out Miami while complaining about NIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

CD4470ED-B76E-483E-B197-C7EEC07D3BF3.gif

Advertisement
I don't believe anyone is defending what Nick said, but you twisting it into something racial is horsesh*t. Bottom Line. In addition, you feeling the need to stereotype every **** person living in the southeast outside of Florida in a bad light and as part of the Confederacy speaks more volumes about you than it does them.

I hate Nick Saban with a passion and Alabama, but his comments were done out of concern of with Bama losing their recruiting advantage and not being able to keep up with larger market teams. Not some d@mn racial conspiracy you trying to conjure up.
Yeah u think so? Saban is Tommy Tuberville. When they retire you see what they are really like.

Gotta tip my cap to Jizzbo. He ******* dogged Saban lol

I guess he did but he’s also totally full of **** if he really believes (which he doesn’t) NIL’s aren’t helping A&M.

Advertisement
Lol, "yinz"...I grew up in the "youse" part of the state.
Funny how those two dialects are just separated by Pennsyltucky and a little weird bubble of Happy Pedo Valley.

Did you watch Mare of Easttown? There was some crazy attempts at the Philly accent in that. Kinda like the Bawlmore accent in We Own This City now.

Advertisement
Funny how those two dialects are just separated by Pennsyltucky and a little weird bubble of Happy Pedo Valley.

Did you watch Mare of Easttown? There was some crazy attempts at the Philly accent in that. Kinda like the Bawlmore accent in We Own This City now.
Nah, didn’t see it, but I’m very familiar with Bawlmorese.

Some highlights...

If you had a son who was a five-star prospect, how big of a check would a middle-tier program need to write for him to turn his back on what Nick Saban is offering? That answer may be different for everyone, but it should, logically, be somewhere in the hundreds of thousands — if not millions — of dollars. You could logically make the argument that playing for Saban, without NIL deals or financial promises, is worth 500 grand.

That’s what Saban has organically built at Alabama. That’s his life’s work. That’s his legacy. That’s what makes him the GOAT.

Yes, we all view Alabama as a football dynasty in a sport starving for parity. We all know about Saban’s six national championships at Alabama and the fact that every prospect who signed with him and stayed for four years has won a national title. That is mind-boggling.

But to a recruit, Alabama is offering something no other school can, at least at the same level: the promise of accumulating generational wealth through the NFL Draft for those who stay. Alabama has developed five-star prospects into high NFL Draft picks at a much more impressive clip than any other program in America. If you’re a kid with NFL dreams — and the wealth that comes along with realizing those dreams — you play for Saban. That’s worth a lot of money.

Go ahead and complain, Nick. People may laugh, but you’ve earned the right to say what’s on your mind.

This will make you feel better: You’re still going to win in the end even if Alabama never participates in facilitating NIL deals to high school athletes. Why? Because what you have built is infallibly attractive. NIL is the bird in the hand, and some prospects will take it. But playing for Alabama is an investment. Smart people invest.

This is an evolutionary time in this sport. Reformed transfer rules and the introduction of NIL have created some turbulence.

But don’t worry, Nick, your life’s work is still intact.

If I had a five-star prospect for a son, I’d view your sales pitch as more attractive than a lump of cash to play somewhere worse for someone worse. And I’m not alone in that.
What a boot licking writer.

Advertisement
My second favorite part of that interview was how he has an issue with booster collectives, not companies like coke or dyson chicken doing actual marketing … or lifewallet.

Or Mercedes Benz. You know, the preferred automotive choice of broke college students everywhere...

Advertisement
Not so fast. He'll get his sh*t under control and this will die down. You overestimate the willingness of the press to kill the golden goose, and the public at large will have absolutely no problem ignoring this.
Went to dinner tonight with a friend dialed in at Bama. His take was if you look back at Saban’s career, he is typically not the first adopter, will ***** about it in the off-season and say are you sure this is where you want college football to go, and then will do that to the Nth degree. The spread offense and no huddle was one example.

I’m just not sure their natural resources lend themselves to this climate. Maybe they are if the NCAA doesn’t do anything about collectives. I don’t know. In any case, it’s great hearing Saban talk about parity and even playing fields when they have 185 analysts.

Bro he only called out Jackson State because it's wild they signed a five star and the only reason they did is because he's making a mil now. He'd say the same if it were any small ****** school landing five stars paying millions. Just because they happen to be HBCU doesn't mean it's racist. I don't think you understand what racism is.

I digress. Not getting into this. Carry on.

You're wrong.

Not to mention that a few hours ago, you were claiming Saban's comments were about "big market schools". Once I pointed out that Jackson State doesn't qualify, you're on to a new rationalization, the "It's wild" defense.

"It's wild they signed a five star and the only reason they did is because he's making a mil now." Bullsh!te. It has NEVER been established that he was paid that amount. Even though NIL is perfectly legal, and most of those PAYING the NIL amounts have no problems disclosing the amounts, the "one million dollars" amount has been denied by Travis Hunter, Deion Sanders AND Dave Portnoy.

Therefore the ONLY reason to continue repeating the lie about the "black Division I-AA school that paid a black player a million dollars to spurn Power Five offers" is because Nick is trying to scare the predominantly white old men Bama boosters into spending more money. There is literally NO OTHER REASON, no matter what bullcrap you want to throw against the wall.

Nick Saban LIED about his fellow AFLAC spokesman and commercial co-star.

Here is the exact quote:

“I mean, Jackson State paid a guy a million dollars last year that was a really good Division I player to come to school. It was in the paper and they bragged about it. Nobody did anything about it.”

Everything that Nick Saban said was a lie.

---it was NOT "in the paper"
---they did NOT "brag about it"
---there is NO PROOF that anyone was paid "a million dollars", and Jackson State certainly did not pay it; it would have been completely legal for any company to pay Travis Hunter a million dollars, particularly if Dave Portnoy was involved, who cannot possibly be viewed as a Jackson State booster

And what is most offensive about what Nick Saban said there, and what is the biggest racist dog whistle, is that he called Travis Hunter "a really good Division I player". WHY? Because he is saying that Travis Hunter SHOULD HAVE chosen a Division I-A school, he was too good to choose a Division I-AA school. As if 4 and 5 star players are the exclusive province of Power Five schools, and that any other school that signs such a kid has committed some sort of violation or crime.

Saban's lies had the desired effect on his audience of Alabama boosters. It scared them and shook them into donating more money for Alabama to "buy" players in the same way that Jackson State and Miami and Texas A&M do.

And for the record, you are the one tossing around the words "racist" and "racism".

I very clearly said that Nick Saban's were intentionally coded to appeal to race fears, and that is the truth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back