Saban aint the only one with a Heli now

Bro, I first met Kobe after he got drafted. He, Cedric Ceballos, & Eddie Jones came up to my school. The girls was going crazy & us dudes was salty af. Lol. I talked so much chit & Kobe responded to all of us in a very confident, respectful way.

Fast fwd, after practice he ran into me & my grandmother right outside their facilities. My grandma says hi to him, he calls her ma’am & all. I told him don’t try to butter her up like u did my homegirls in HS. Reminded him of the situation when he was a rookie & we crack up.

Just a cool dude, & it’s still surreal he’s not here.
eddie jones , ely high pompano !

Advertisement
That's a great Kobe story. Would never wanna play against dude but despite his all-consuming obsession with being the best, he didn't seem at all like the type of universal ******* Jordan is notorious for being.

I was mostly ******* around, but the fact that Kobe's pilot was legally able to take off in such cloudy conditions is actually part of the reason why flying private (both helicopters and planes) is so much more dangerous than flying commercial. Those types of charter flights have considerably lower weather/visibility thresholds, lower pilot experience thresholds, and more lax maintenance practices than the worst commercial airline. So while private helicopter is statistically more safe than driving a car (which is actually very dangerous, as far as travel methods are concerned), it's like 60x more dangerous than commercial. Given how cursed Miami has been the last 20 years, I want our $80m recruiting maven coach wrapped in fkn bubble wrap. In fact, I feel like I gotta go santeria on a goat or some **** just to counteract the potential bad luck of typing these thoughts out....

No doubt; I definitely see where u’re coming from & honestly, u bring up a very good point. I’m thinking about all of plane crashes in recent memory, & there’s a chit ton of private, chartered aircrafts that’s not made it vs. commercial.

Advertisement
I was a JR in high school when Kobe was a senior. We went to all but 1 of their playoff games. Even at that age when the spotlight could have made him a huge A-hole he was very humble. Signing for little kids at games, never out of a team huddle, etc. Played one of our rivals and their star player had a stomach bug but gave it a go and really left it on the floor. Kobe went up after the game and gave him a huge and they talked for 4-5 minutes. It stuck out to me even back then. (Kobe had the easiest 36 I had ever seen)

There is a far greater chance of them getting in a car accident than a helicopter accident
People really have no idea that by far and by a mile, the most dangerous thing you do every day is get inside a car.
And if you get in n a car after 8 pm on a Friday or Saturday night then you’re really living on the edge and rolling the dice.
These are death statistics only.
But a lot of bad car accidents can lead to serious injuries and permanent disability.

Advertisement
Word is that Mario just flew into Gainesville on that beauty to visit a recruit at Buchholz Highschool. The country bumkin around here are enraged to the point of spilling their grits. "How dare he?"
Some of them might even be saying, “How’d he get dat whirly thing up into the sky like that? Ain’t no such thing as a flyin machine.”

Some of them might even be saying, “How’d he get dat whirly thing up into the sky like that? Ain’t no such thing as a flyin machine.”

1674759770928.jpeg

Kirby and Corn Row Mike flew in on helis this week in Brevard.

Mario needs one of those air packs. Flying around like the team at Greentree under Shannon.

Advertisement
You won’t catch me dead on a heli or single engine plane. **** all that

Advertisement
Bro, I first met Kobe after he got drafted. He, Cedric Ceballos, & Eddie Jones came up to my school. The girls was going crazy & us dudes was salty af. Lol. I talked so much chit & Kobe responded to all of us in a very confident, respectful way.

Fast fwd, after practice he ran into me & my grandmother right outside their facilities. My grandma says hi to him, he calls her ma’am & all. I told him don’t try to butter her up like u did my homegirls in HS. Reminded him of the situation when he was a rookie & we crack up.

Just a cool dude, & it’s still surreal he’s not here.
Kobe was a senior in high school when I was few years behind him and we traveled to Hershey to watch the state championship game since he was playing a hometown team for us, actually Prep shut him down pretty well though his talent was obvious.

You would have never known it by how cool he was though. Dude went to Prom with ******* Brandy for ***** sake everyone was in awe of him at the time haha

Advertisement
Back