Saban aint the only one with a Heli now

An unedited photo of Sabag's actual chopper. Lil Nick fits in the junior version with plenty of legroom to spare.

Screenshot_20230125_210025_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
We haven't focused on Louisiana since Curtis Johnson & Pagano...and it's a **** shame.
We did get Citizen out of there last year (top 10 player in the state) but It's such tough sledding in that state. LSU has that state locked down and the kids that do get out are typically SEC groupies. Not too often that top 10 kids in the state are found to non SEC schools.

Sad too because LSU is one of the most talented states per capita in the country and we've had some success there including arguably 2 of the top 10 players ever from the state.

Advertisement
Bro; lemme preface this by saying I’m still heartbroken about this, & myself & Kobe r forever linked b/c he died on my b-day. With that being said, that incident was due to ignoring flight control’s commands to delay due to the weather. The clouds blinded the flight path & b/c of that, it obscured the pilot’s view.

The whole case is a fascinating psychological portrait of the interaction and power dynamic between two individuals - it’s a good thing to forensically examine how decisions are made and the impact on judgement that occurs.

Bro; lemme preface this by saying I’m still heartbroken about this, & myself & Kobe r forever linked b/c he died on my b-day. With that being said, that incident was due to ignoring flight control’s commands to delay due to the weather. The clouds blinded the flight path & b/c of that, it obscured the pilot’s view.
We all remember that day and it was foggy as **** especially on that side of the valley. A real **** up on that pilot. Kobe was a genuinely really nice guy. Did a couple of commercials with him. Always that big warm smile and just one of the guys.

Advertisement
smdh nobody's learned from the Kobe incident. Private helicopters are dangerous enough that I dont want my $80m coach and his staff riding around in em.

Glad to hear we're hitting Louisiana hard though, about time!
Old pilot’s saying: “There are old pilots and there are bold pilots. There are no old, bold pilots.”

We all remember that day and it was foggy as **** especially on that side of the valley. A real **** up on that pilot. Kobe was a genuinely really nice guy. Did a couple of commercials with him. Always that big warm smile and just one of the guys.

Bro, I first met Kobe after he got drafted. He, Cedric Ceballos, & Eddie Jones came up to my school. The girls was going crazy & us dudes was salty af. Lol. I talked so much chit & Kobe responded to all of us in a very confident, respectful way.

Fast fwd, after practice he ran into me & my grandmother right outside their facilities. My grandma says hi to him, he calls her ma’am & all. I told him don’t try to butter her up like u did my homegirls in HS. Reminded him of the situation when he was a rookie & we crack up.

Just a cool dude, & it’s still surreal he’s not here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bro, I first met Kobe after he got drafted. He, Cedric Ceballos, & Eddie Jones came up to my school. The girls was going crazy & us dudes was salty af. Lol. I talked so much chit & Kobe responded to all of us in a very confident, respectful way.

Fast fwd, after practice he ran into me & my grandmother right outside their facilities. My grandma says hi to him, he calls her ma’am & all. I told him don’t try to butter her up like u did my homegirls in HS. Reminded him of the situation when he was a rookie & we crack up.

My dad called him Cedric Cebollas lol.

Eddie Jones is a Broward legend.

That's a great Kobe story. Would never wanna play against dude but despite his all-consuming obsession with being the best, he didn't seem at all like the type of universal ******* Jordan is notorious for being.

I was mostly ******* around, but the fact that Kobe's pilot was legally able to take off in such cloudy conditions is actually part of the reason why flying private (both helicopters and planes) is so much more dangerous than flying commercial. Those types of charter flights have considerably lower weather/visibility thresholds, lower pilot experience thresholds, and more lax maintenance practices than the worst commercial airline. So while private helicopter is statistically more safe than driving a car (which is actually very dangerous, as far as travel methods are concerned), it's like 60x more dangerous than commercial. Given how cursed Miami has been the last 20 years, I want our $80m recruiting maven coach wrapped in fkn bubble wrap. In fact, I feel like I gotta go santeria on a goat or some **** just to counteract the potential bad luck of typing these thoughts out....

Advertisement
Back