2024 S Jaylen Heyward

You used past numbers that included Texas and OU in the revenue figures to show that Big12 has higher payouts. That is an incredibly flawed argument because currently the ACC has not lost any top program, and Big12 lost their top 2. Whether or not the new deal was in effect or not those two were there increasing the revenue generated. The Big12 will not generate as much revenue without Texas/OU. So ye[BGCOLOR=initial]s they negotiated their NEW deal knowing Texas and OU are not going to be there. But that doesn't mean it's going to keep increasing from the point before Texas and OU left.[/BGCOLOR]

Even after the new Big12 deal the ACC was projected to distribute more than Big12 by 2026 at latest. That's from the public projections that I saw. Maybe those numbers are flawed, but I didn't make them up. And that was before the Big12 added some not so great programs. And the ACC beat projections for this season.. We still don't even know if Fox is paying their $22M for ASU and Utah being added because they weren't contractually obligated to do so...
So the question remains, was the FSU president talking out of his *** and making stuff up?

Advertisement
So the question remains, was the FSU president talking out of his *** and making stuff up?

Those comments were regarding the pay gap difference between SEC/BIG10 and ACC. The only comments made in that article about BIG12 was that they get to renegotiate a new deal way earlier than us - which obviously is a major positive for their deal. It also doesn't/shouldn't affect us literally at all. Again Miami should be out of the ACC by 2026/2027 at the latest. So who gives a **** how the ACC/Big12 compare after. And What I said was only regarding the ACC IF noone left. Obviously if FSU and Clemson left, the ACC WOULD be worse than Big12. As of today? not imo.

Advertisement
Back