2024 S Jaylen Heyward

Says ****** who?
I'd agree with OBM here. At least this year...

Texas
OU
K St
TCU
Texas Tech

is better than

FSU
Clemson
UNC
Miami
Louisville?

People are sleeping on some of the teams in the Big 12 this year. If Oregon doesn't take Tech seriously, they're going to find themselves in a dogfight late in the 4Q. Kansas State routinely does more with less, they've undoubtedly had more success than anyone not named FSU or Clemson in the ACC. Same with TCU.

Haven't even touched up on some teams like Baylor or Oklahoma St. They've all been better than most ACC teams in the past decade. Think about how trash some of our trash teams have been...BC, Syracuse was a flash in the pan one year, UVA, VT and GT have become disgustingly bad, Duke was pretty much a doormat for years, Wake had a decent run but it's probably going to regress again, etc.

Now going forward...I mean yeah I guess I'll give the ACC the edge against a Texas and OU-less BIG 12. But it's not some super wide gap, especially with the additions of Utah and BYU...two programs that traditionally should find some success moving there. UCF will recruit better. Iowa St has some huge gambling issues right now but for a while, Campbell was the hottest name on the coaching market. Speaking of hot names, Kansas has become respectable and would beat half of the teams in the ACC. It has better quality as a whole than what we have to offer, which is 1-2 nationally competitive teams....3-4 middling decent squads, and then bottom-barrel P5 teams.

Advertisement
You think it’s more lucrative for a school to be in the ACC than the Big 12 going forward?
Literally, as things stand today, yes. Big12 gets $31.7M/school (depending if Fox is fully paying for all 4 of the PAC additions, or just 2 of them), while the ACC paid $39M/schools last year - and we are now going into unequal revenue distribution. So idk where you're $15M comment is coming from

Like it's not even a question that the ACC right now is better for us than the Big12. Our goals are on the P2.

Advertisement
UCF is going to recruit really well. Gigantic school with a massive fanbase that is starving to become relevant.

And guess what? They're in a better conference than we are.

That being said, this kid was clearly dropped by UGA and Miami passed on him. He has a lot of friends who go to UCF, Rockledge is about 45 minutes away from their campus.
Does it matter that he said UGA is still recruiting him and that UGA still wants him per insiders on the UGA boards? He will flip back to UGA imo about a week before signing day.

Literally, as things stand today, yes. Big12 gets $31.7M/school (depending if Fox is fully paying for all 4 of the PAC additions, or just 2 of them), while the ACC paid $39M/schools last year - and we are now going into unequal revenue distribution. So idk where you're $15M comment is coming from

Like it's not even a question that the ACC right now is better for us than the Big12. Our goals are on the P2.
Isn't the $31 just the TV deal? I thought it was being reported the B12 expects $50M per team next year. If that is true I'd much rather move to the B12 for a little while. If I recall, wasn't the FSU president upset because UCF will make more? I'd need to find his exact quote but it was referencing UCF making more than us and u agree that isn't acceptable.

Advertisement
Can anyone tell me what the fuzzy thing is he is always wearing over his head in pics is?

Advertisement
Isn't the $31 just the TV deal? I thought it was being reported the B12 expects $50M per team next year. If that is true I'd much rather move to the B12 for a little while. If I recall, wasn't the FSU president upset because UCF will make more? I'd need to find his exact quote but it was referencing UCF making more than us and u agree that isn't acceptable.
The $50M is based on projections and is likely the figure towards like 2030. We’re profkected higher. Regardless even if Big12 made $50M this year why would that be $15M more than us? When we got $40M last year, it’s likely to increase by at least $3M, and there is unequal distribution model now that lets you keep more…

I'd agree with OBM here. At least this year...

Texas
OU
K St
TCU
Texas Tech

is better than

FSU
Clemson
UNC
Miami
Louisville?

People are sleeping on some of the teams in the Big 12 this year. If Oregon doesn't take Tech seriously, they're going to find themselves in a dogfight late in the 4Q. Kansas State routinely does more with less, they've undoubtedly had more success than anyone not named FSU or Clemson in the ACC. Same with TCU.

Haven't even touched up on some teams like Baylor or Oklahoma St. They've all been better than most ACC teams in the past decade. Think about how trash some of our trash teams have been...BC, Syracuse was a flash in the pan one year, UVA, VT and GT have become disgustingly bad, Duke was pretty much a doormat for years, Wake had a decent run but it's probably going to regress again, etc.

Now going forward...I mean yeah I guess I'll give the ACC the edge against a Texas and OU-less BIG 12. But it's not some super wide gap, especially with the additions of Utah and BYU...two programs that traditionally should find some success moving there. UCF will recruit better. Iowa St has some huge gambling issues right now but for a while, Campbell was the hottest name on the coaching market. Speaking of hot names, Kansas has become respectable and would beat half of the teams in the ACC. It has better quality as a whole than what we have to offer, which is 1-2 nationally competitive teams....3-4 middling decent squads, and then bottom-barrel P5 teams.
Did FSU not beat that ou team in the bowl game n i dont like either of them. OU was us last year.
When TCU and K STATE are leading your conference...well yea.

None of those teams are more talented than Clemson. There isnt 1 team in there conference that are legit national title contenders...I personally didnt even consider tcu last year lol out of conference they played colorado, mu, tartleton state..got beat by uga by 100 pts.

Between the pac 12 and big 12 defense is optional. Gattis wouldve put up points against those teams lol

Advertisement
The $50M is based on projections and is likely the figure towards like 2030. We’re profkected higher. Regardless even if Big12 made $50M this year why would that be $15M more than us? When we got $40M last year, it’s likely to increase by at least $3M, and there is unequal distribution model now that lets you keep more…
I don't know their structure tbh, I just remember the FSU president specifically saying they were making more than we would be and that it wasn't acceptable.

Advertisement
Back