2024 S Jaylen Heyward

Brought the entire family for a visit? interesting

“I had to bring down my family,” Heyward told InsideTheU. “This place is a family environment, so I had to bring my family down.”

“This time I actually seen how [Jahmile] Addae and [Demarcus] Van Dyke actually coach. I liked how he coached. One play I seen today was [Te’Cory Couch] and he went up to him and, like my dad tells me, said, ‘You look like a pro today.’ He was playing like a pro all practice,” Hayward said.

Heyward also got to watch defensive coordinator Lance Guidry in action. He’s hands-on with the safety room.

“He’s a good [defensive coordinator] and Coach Addae, he was at Georgia, so he’s coached the best of the best. He shows me I’m one of the best of the best and I like that about him.”

“I’m still committed to Georgia, but you still have to keep your eyes open. You never know what’s going to change,” Heyward said.

“The program at Miami, it’s good. The U is trying to make its way back. They started off with the 2023 class really hard, and I feel like they’re going to finish harder this year.”

Advertisement
Canesport write up

“It’s a family type of vibe down here, and I had to bring my family,” Heyward said. “For me, it’s me and my mom’s decision. I talk to my mom about my recruitment every day, because I’m gonna be away from her and that’s who I love the most.”

Miami’s staff is continuing to pitch to Heyward the idea of being an afternoon’s drive from home and his family being able to attend all of his home games, although it won’t be the deciding factor in his recruitment. He committed to Georgia largely due to the Bulldogs’ record of player development, their playing style and feeling like he can make a difference for the program.

But that didn’t stop defensive coordinator Lance Guidry from making a positive impression on Heyward in their first in-person meeting. He’s staying in touch with secondary coach Jahmile Addae as well.

He told Addae what Miami needs to do to make him stay home, too.

“Show me why I need to stay home, why I need to come to the crib,” Heyward said. “Today I felt a little bit, so I might come down for another visit so they’d show me some more.”

Guidry also impressed him.

“Coach Guidry, I talked to him one time when he got in. He’s a smart DC, and I like the way he coaches,” Heyward said. “Me and coach Addae, we have a really solid relationship. I like the relationship me and coach Addae have, and it’s only going to get better with time.”

Heyward committed to Georgia in January over more than three dozen programs but plans on keeping his recruitment open until closer to December signing day. It was important for Heyward to visit Miami Thursday as the Hurricanes continue to push.

“I could see how everything runs for them at practice today,” Heyward said. “They really weren’t thumping, but they had pads on so I could see how they move around in pads. You can see the energy, and I liked the energy I saw today.”

Rockledge (Fla.) Top247 SAF Jaylen Heyward tells me he will be at Miami the last weekend of June for an official visit. The Hurricanes had him on campus this spring along with his parents. Jahmile Addae is making a difference in this recruitment. - InsideTheU

Last edited:
Advertisement

- Miami is also heavily recruiting Rockledge (Ga.) Top247 safety Jaylen Heyward, a Georgia commit who visited Coral Gables alongside his family this spring. The plan for Heyward to is also officially visit Miami that same weekend in June.

“I love Miami. Me and [Jahmile Addae] have gotten really close and I love the relationship me and him have,” Hayward said. “I love that man. I got a great bond with him. He’s a family man. He’s preaching to me that I can go to Miami and play where I want to play. He wants to coach me. He was at UGA when they won their first national championship. He knows that championship type of mindset that I want and I need to have.”

Michigan, Oregon, Colorado, Florida, UCF, Auburn, and Penn State are a few more Heyward is hearing from.

Miami is working hard to flip Rockledge (Fla.) Top247 safety Jaylen Heyward from Georgia after getting him and his family on campus for an unofficial visit this spring.

The Hurricanes have his ear and Jahmile Addae is a big reason why.

“I love Miami. Me and Coach Addae have really got close and I love the relationship me and him have growing over this time,” Heyward told InsideTheU at OT7 Orlando on Saturday.

“I love that man. I have a great bond with him,” Heyward added of Addae. “He’s a family guy. He’s preaching to me that I can go to Miami and play where I want to play. He wants to be able to coach me. He was at UGA when they won their first national championship, so he knows that winning type of mindset that I want and I need to have. That’s what I like about him.”

Getting onto the field a bit sooner at Miami is one thing Addae is preaching to Heyward.

“That is something he’s telling me about because all of the plays he runs is the same plays we run at my high school, it’s just different wording. If you know the game of football it comes easy,” Heyward said.

As far as getting back to Miami, the nation’s No. 5 safety prospect has a June official visit in mind.

“I definitely want to get back to Miami before the ‘dead period,’ Heyward said. “I got [official visit] to Georgia the second week of June and I’m planning to take an [official visit] to Miami the last week of June.”

Michigan, Oregon, Colorado, Florida, UCF, Auburn, and Penn State are a few schools Heyward rattled off as doing a good job recruiting him. He doesn’t have any visits lined up right now.

The 5-foot-11.5, 180-pounder owns a 10.68 100-meter time and draws comparisons to Tykee Smith, who Addae recruited to both West Virginia and Georgia.

To get him, Patterson and Thomas who is probably gonna pop soon is a nice physical trio and NEED all 3. James and Kam are draft eligible, not much left other than Markeith, maybe Spencer plays there

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
FCK UGA

Hope the Kirbster accidentally suffers 2nd degree burns while lighting the cross at his next Klan rally.

LOL. You and @Brooklyndee are keeping it real with your posts today. The SEC programs and fans always gave give me a gladiator vibe. They're proud of their stars crushing opponents under their banner ... as long as they stay in the arena.

Advertisement
Back