S. Fla. Recruiting is way down this year but

Advertisement
they will be fine if he coaches the way he did at Washington. the boosters will teach him how to recruit the bama way lol
Exactly. At the end of the day deboer has never been involved with recruiting the south. He himself has never even been considered a good recruiter. But he doesn't need to recruit. The bama brand does that for him. But now he's gonna look for scheme specific players as well. Bama under Satan has never been about anything but the best athletes and making them fit into what he's doing. If he gets his staff on the same page with the vision he's always held and now they get elite athletes that also fit schematically what he's doing... No bueno for the rest of college football. None of the sec has ever won because of anything they did better on the football field than others. Not that I can think of atleast. That's not saying from one year to the next no one stands out with anything. But sec football is all about physicality. Now you match that with a scheme like deboer runs and the continuity of having that from the top down. That's tough.

Exactly. At the end of the day deboer has never been involved with recruiting the south. He himself has never even been considered a good recruiter. But he doesn't need to recruit. The bama brand does that for him. But now he's gonna look for scheme specific players as well. Bama under Satan has never been about anything but the best athletes and making them fit into what he's doing. If he gets his staff on the same page with the vision he's always held and now they get elite athletes that also fit schematically what he's doing... No bueno for the rest of college football. None of the sec has ever won because of anything they did better on the football field than others. Not that I can think of atleast. That's not saying from one year to the next no one stands out with anything. But sec football is all about physicality. Now you match that with a scheme like deboer runs and the continuity of having that from the top down. That's tough.
saban and uga both get the best athletes, they dont do anything innovative and quite frankly, if you consider how dominant saban has recruited, his players as a whole have underperformed in the NFL.

Advertisement
He won't be there long then. NFL will come calling

Advertisement
saban and uga both get the best athletes, they dont do anything innovative and quite frankly, if you consider how dominant saban has recruited, his players as a whole have underperformed in the NFL.

That’s been the blueprint forever. The teams that take home the hardware generally do it with an overwhelming amount of talent, not some wild schemes, or innovation.

Early 2000’s Canes sure did it that way. Wasn’t anything tricky about those teams, just our guy is better than your guy in almost every matchup.

We really have to make sure we are using the best athleticism measurements and using it to ID and recruit kids. Pretty sure we've been using the Matrix Analytical CAT score, which is good. Think they had them out there for some Miami camps. (Wonder if they use their coaching analytics as well?)

They tagged Dennis Smith in that ^

The South Florida kids that I know are in love with Kirby Smart right now. He's the new Nick.
Kirby is a good coach but I don't know if he is as good as saban. Georgia has mad resources and no in state threat in terms of recruiting. I tell you what coach macho if Ohio state and Georgia are not in the natty this year I think you would have to look at both coaches like wtf happened. Barring both squads are relatively healthy.

Advertisement
Woah. 😳
That's not true at all.

Saban invented multiple defensive concepts that are still being used today 30 years later.

Kirby has taken some of those concepts (he learned under Saban) and improved on them.

Saying that his players have underperformed in the NFL just makes me think that they actually WEREN'T the best athletes in college, and that they were coached up. NFL is athlete-based (particularly on defense). The schemes aren't innovative or creative at all. It's a Jimmies and Joes league and there's very little developing going on. College level actually runs far more fronts and coverages.
Their job as college coaches is to win COLLEGE games...and develop COLLEGE defenses...and they've done that better than practicallyanybody.

As a longtime defensive coordinator myself, the statement that Saban/Smart don't do anything innovative is even crazier to hear...because both of those guys fall into the top-5 defensive minds that most of us study...including coaches who are on the college level. Coaches from all over, from FIU to Auburn to Uconn to Miami are using Saban vernacular, concepts and techniques.

Woah. 😳
That's not true at all.

Saban invented multiple defensive concepts that are still being used today 30 years later.

Kirby has taken some of those concepts (he learned under Saban) and improved on them.

Saying that his players have underperformed in the NFL just makes me think that they actually WEREN'T the best athletes in college, and that they were coached up. NFL is athlete-based (particularly on defense). The schemes aren't innovative or creative at all. It's a Jimmies and Joes league and there's very little developing going on. College level actually runs far more fronts and coverages.
Their job as college coaches is to win COLLEGE games...and develop COLLEGE defenses...and they've done that better than practicallyanybody.

As a longtime defensive coordinator myself, the statement that Saban/Smart don't do anything innovative is even crazier to hear...because both of those guys fall into the top-5 defensive minds that most of us study...including coaches who are on the college level. Coaches from all over, from FIU to Auburn to Uconn to Miami are using Saban vernacular, concepts and techniques.
I probably should have said on offense. It took saban a while to adjust, Kirby's offenses have never been dynamic.
That being said, saban would do things other coaches didnt have the balls to do like pull Hurts for Tua in a NC game.

I guess when I say about bama players in NFL I just think of miami back in the day. If you said name 5 great miami alumni in NFL people could rattle them off. With Bama is can take a second.Also, I think part of that is he runs his kids into the ground in college. I knew a kid that passed on going to bama because all the players were telling him about all their injury issues.

Advertisement
That's why though. Because they've been coached up into nothing but physicality and fundamentals. Guess what. In the NFL everyone is physical and everyone has fundamentals otherwise they ain't gonna be on the field.

He won't be there long then. NFL will come calling
Absolutely ****** lately. If there is any coach at the collegiate level that I think is made for the NFL game it's deboer. As you can see I'm pretty high on that hire. I'm just glad he doesn't have established relationships for recruiting.

Woah. 😳
That's not true at all.

Problem with that is Saban just took Jimmy and Butch defensive principles & adapted them in the same way Kirby did towards Satan's. At THIS point what they do is relatively vanilla. It's not that it's not sound. But nothing that makes you do a double take or catches you off gaurd. Personally I see a lot more advanced principles at Illinois than I do at uga or at bama for a minute now.

Advertisement
Back