S. Fla. Recruiting is way down this year but

Bird4um

Sophomore
Premium
I do notice Bama no where to be found.

Is this because lack of talent or Satan is gone?

Tampa killing us.

Advertisement
dnP2VxYVlW2NW.gif

They're #2 with the highest average composite score on the 247 Composite right now. My guess is they're not going to immediately fall over a cliff in recruiting. Looks like they know South Florida is down, too.

I also agree with DWins that it will get harder for Bama to recruit South Florida kids with Saban gone. They can make it up from other territories, but South Florida kids have been swapping schools for front running for so long, they will go where they have the highest probability to get into the League, and Tuscaloosa will be just one option of many going forward.

Advertisement
They're #2 with the highest average composite score on the 247 Composite right now. My guess is they're not going to immediately fall over a cliff in recruiting. Looks like they know South Florida is down, too.

I also agree with DWins that it will get harder for Bama to recruit South Florida kids with Saban gone. They can make it up from other territories, but South Florida kids have been swapping schools for front running for so long, they will go where they have the highest probability to get into the League, and Tuscaloosa will be just one option of many going forward.
I think it's more representative of deboer has never prioritized South Florida than it is of anything else. Bama is definitely gonna change how they move. But all in all that was an amazing hire that I don't think once he settles in they'll be much decline at all. Honestly I think they'll be much harder to play if that makes any sense.

Advertisement
Bama isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Saban did his thing, no one can argue that. However, over time the combination of Mario + NIL was going to have an impact of Saban’s raiding of elite SFLA/FL talent.

He would’ve won a big time battle here and there but not like it was where it was expected every cycle that the cream of the crop SFLA kids were Bama leans. With $$$ legally being passed around recruiting is a different animal nowadays

Bama isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Saban did his thing, no one can argue that. However, over time the combination of Mario + NIL was going to have an impact of Saban’s raiding of elite SFLA/FL talent.

He would’ve won a big time battle here and there but not like it was where it was expected every cycle that the cream of the crop SFLA kids were Bama leans. With $$$ legally being passed around recruiting is a different animal nowadays
What teams will be have to be worried about the most in terms of getting the best sfl has to offer. We have somewhat seen it from Ohio state already they get the sfl receivers saban use to get annually.

I think the Saban and SFLA dynamic was always overstated on here. He recruited the best players nationally. A chunk were down in SFLA but it was hardly some crazy emphasis. Reality is that everyone said the same thing because if your region had top tier talent, Saban was parked there and just collected that area’s talent.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think the Saban and SFLA dynamic was always overstated on here. He recruited the best players nationally. A chunk were down in SFLA but it was hardly some crazy emphasis. Reality is that everyone said the same thing because if your region had top tier talent, Saban was parked there and just collected that area’s talent.
SABAN prioritized South Florida at every school he coached at.

His sh*t didnt start at Bama....he was knee deep in south florida at Michigan State and then Lsu.

Great points. With NIL being over the table and overwhelming the under the table money, UM is in a good recruiting position, especially with a coach whose strength is recruiting.

No school, not BAMA or OSU or FSU or UF will be able to dominate S Fla recruiting. Yes they will get some good players and the occasional JJ Smith, but UM is now back in control of S Fla recruiting.

SABAN prioritized South Florida at every school he coached at.

His sh*t didnt start at Bama....he was knee deep in south florida at Michigan State and then Lsu.
yeah ... i got a homeboy who was recruited by saban at michigan state ... he was from belle glade ... saban been making moves down here

Advertisement
Back