Ryan Williams

That 2nd and 6 play where he threw it out of bounds instead of picking up at least 5 with his feet is all you need to know about Stephen Morris.

Buried somewhere in the game thread was me saying that I rewound back during the commercial to re-watch that play just to be sure. It was 2nd and 5 and Stephen could have picked up 3-4 yards easy and likely a first down if he could match the tackle. Instead he threw it away.

What made it worse for me was seeing Stephen put on a fake limp after that play. It was the only play of the game where he limped...right after he refused to play hard.

I yell at my tv all the time about that. he did that last year with no bum ankle

Advertisement
Ryan Williams would have been dodging those blitzers like Michael Vick out there today.

Just admit you were wrong about Morris. I had high hopes for him myself but first it was rust for his slow start, then it was the bum ankle, and then it was he was all out of Snickers during the games. He has a ton of physical talent and no mental aptitude for the position.

As for "dodging the blitzers", he is allowed to audible to a different play or hit the hot route right?

Excuses are like poems; they're for sissies and nobody wants to hear them.

Ryan Williams would have been dodging those blitzers like Michael Vick out there today.

Just admit you were wrong about Morris. I had high hopes for him myself but first it was rust for his slow start, then it was the bum ankle, and then it was he was all out of Snickers during the games. He has a ton of physical talent and no mental aptitude for the position.

As for "dodging the blitzers", he is allowed to audible to a different play or hit the hot route right?

Excuses are like poems; they're for sissies and nobody wants to hear them.

When I said he'd be our best quarterback since Dorsey and the highest NFL pick we've had at QB since Erickson? I stand by both statements.

The two most popular quarterbacks at Miami are the last one and the next one. That's how it was with Brock, that's how it was with Kyle, and that's how it was with Jacory.

He wasn't perfect and I hoped he would be better as a senior. But he's far from the problem and there is not one game we lost the past two years that we win with Ryan Williams.

Ryan Williams sucks and when he shows you that you'll ***** that we need Olsen.Williams isn't a game changer he's Kyle Orton on his worst day he's a backup

Last edited:
If Al Golden has to start Ryan Williams next year, this program is in serious trouble. Either start Olsen, or if Kaaya still signs then start him. Enough with the stop gap bull****. Lets get the future going.

Advertisement
All in on Kaaya for next year.

I know it won't happen, but I really wish it would. Olsen would be ok too, but he's to busy getting high, so w/e.

Teddy: 5*
Morris: 3*
Williams: 2*

They'll be compliments about Morris and chants for olsen or kaaya by mid season. I'll put an entire check on it.

I wont ever beg for the days of Morris. And by the way Brock and Jacory both had very good senior seasons and they beat FSU, in fact Brock beat UF and FSU. Morris? I see the talent and the arm, he's got that in spades. However, his feel for the game is dreadful and I freely admit that Coley doesn't help him out and that the Duke injury was pretty devastating but still... Morris moving on is a good thing, whether the guy is Williams, Olsen, or Kaaya is irrelevant to me.

Advertisement
He should have gotten a lot more playing time this season. Morris is boom or bust while Willians is more of a game manager.

We've done very well with game managers, guys who play within their limitations, move the sticks, make the right decisions, and can adjust (i.e., audible) as needed. This nonsense with audibling from the sideline has got to be at least modified so that a smart QB can make a last second adjustment.

Game managers= Kosar, Steve Walsh, Dorsey. Probably would include Gino Torretta. When I looked back at some of his highlights, I realize that he really didn't have a powerful arm. Made a lot of good decisions, though.

That 2nd and 6 play where he threw it out of bounds instead of picking up at least 5 with his feet is all you need to know about Stephen Morris.

Good then I'm not crazy. I saw that play and didn't see anyone in front of him for like 10 yards. Everyone was behind him.

He wound up and threw it away. Pu$$y. Good riddance.

My wife and 7 year old son were like, "What the ****?" Dude is a bum. No awareness what so ever.

Advertisement
There is a lot wrong with this team. And QB play is most certainly one. Comparing Morris to any UM QB the last 10 years is silly. Like calling him the best of the worst. Morris was a bad QB this year. Period. Until we get consistent good/great QB play, unfortunately, expect similar results at Miami no matter who is coaching. We desperately need a stud at QB.

Exfukkingactly. I was screaming it along with others in my section. When I watched the game again this morning on my DVR Rod Gilmore praised him for making a heady play like a senior should. Are you ***king kidding me.

Advertisement

Not 5 yards. If you're talking about same play I think you are, he had defense beat to sideline and no one for thirty yards. It was an easy 15 yards

I say we play an incoming freshman, Kayaa or Olsen and lets develop them for the next 4 years. ***** Williams and make him a back up.

Not 5 yards. If you're talking about same play I think you are, he had defense beat to sideline and no one for thirty yards. It was an easy 15 yards
You might want to back and rewatch that play. He gets 5 yds at most.

Advertisement
Back