Ryan Collins and Frank Costa were bad

Frank Costa! [turning head to side and spitting on ground] . . . However . . . What he did to Craig James absolutely gave him total redemption as as a Cane as far as I'm concerned

Advertisement
When Riley went down with the knee injury late that year, we had absolutely no depth at DT. The swing DT had to start, and there was no one behind them. Erickson was a solid coach, but his recruiting left a lot to be desired, I remember we had to move our 3rd string TE Carlos to OT and he was playing tackle at 235 lbs. Our recruiting wasn't so bad with the frontline guys, but once you got past the first stringers the pickings were slim. In addition some of Dennis kids were real winners. Remember when Butch took over, he basically kicked a number of players off the squad.

No. Karmelowicz was gone by then. That was Dennis' last season. I can't remember who coached DL that year. I think Orgeron succeeded Bob at DL but he might have been fired already from that bar fight in Louisiana.

You're right. I recall Gregg Smith was in that group who looked at us. It was a biggish guy so maybe it was even Brad Roll (or Greg McMackin)? Hard to remember this stuff. lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back