CFB Rutgers receiver gets knocked the **** out

Advertisement
People have died bouncing their head off the ground.. crazy
244DBEAC-A1FE-4D03-8480-55844C895879.jpeg
AE700F4E-67E2-48B5-8351-E801B123C3EE.jpeg
C9127E72-8931-4CE3-BE11-F05419BCB932.jpeg

Alright, first and foremost... rok already said it: Getting into fights is stupid. Dont fight, life isnt one of them Bruce Lee movies. Looks cool, but no. If you cant avoid a fight, avoid getting hit and leave the scene A S A ******* P.

Dude had his chin up and no face protection. Its like hitting a board, he never moved or made a feint. The other dude must have been in a fight or two already, considering he knew how to set it up.

Regarding the rest, this is potentially life-altering. It sounded like a ******* watermelon (sorry for the comparison, but I have to make a case here) hitting the ground and thats really bad.

Theres really no winner here. The football player will for sure not play football again, and he can consider himself to be very lucky if he makes a full recovery back to a normal life. As for the other guy, court will see the footage and this wont take very long in my opinion. I dont see self-defense being performed, the guy in the cap is the one pushing and apparently is the aggressor. Considering there are witnesses around the scene, with one person recording, and the severity of the injuries, the dude will probably make some new friends in jail.

Advertisement
Looks like Mutual Combat to me.
"This issue frequently arises in cases where two people engage in a fight, or “mutual combat.” In Florida, ‘mutual combat’ is a recognized battery defense predicated upon both parties assenting to a physical altercation and therefore consenting to be touched as an understood consequence of that altercation. Both parties must be at fault, and the defendant must not be the primary aggressor or initiate the fight. Eiland v. State, 112 So. 2d 415 (Fla. 2d DCA 1959); A.L. v. State, 790 So.2d 1149 (Fla. 2d DCA 2001)."

From: https://www.husseinandwebber.com/crimes/violent-crimes/simple-battery/

Yeah, I dont know about that. Theres one guy being the aggressor here.

"This issue frequently arises in cases where two people engage in a fight, or “mutual combat.” In Florida, ‘mutual combat’ is a recognized battery defense predicated upon both parties assenting to a physical altercation and therefore consenting to be touched as an understood consequence of that altercation. Both parties must be at fault, and the defendant must not be the primary aggressor or initiate the fight. Eiland v. State, 112 So. 2d 415 (Fla. 2d DCA 1959); A.L. v. State, 790 So.2d 1149 (Fla. 2d DCA 2001)."

They both walked towards each other while talking ****. They were inside each other's personal space so one dude pushed the other dude back to get some space. After that BOTH dudes put their hands up and went to swing at each other. That's mutual combat in my opinion.

According to this video the one guy was charged with Simple Assault. Im guessing its for the push. If Im correct about that then the rest of it is mutual combat.

The Back Story: These guys were playing in a pick up touch football game at the beach on July 4th and got into some smack talk and then they picked it up afterward when the initial video was shot. To me this further leads to my assertion of Mutual Combat.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Looks like 2 dudes squaring up to me. As soon as these cats raise their hands and get into a combat stance, which they both did, it's go time. Play stupid games. get stupid prizes.

Go Canes!!!!

This is how I saw it. They both clearly got into a fighting stance, the guy in the cap was just quicker to the punch.

As a side note, if you must act like a wannabe MMA tough guy, don't get into such a low, crouching fighting stance when you have a clear height/reach advantage on your opponent. You're doing them a big favor dropping your chin into their strike zone like that.

As I've always been told...

The very act of an able bodied male (possesses reasonable capability), in Florida, making aggressive verbal/physical actions is assault. Laying hands upon adds battery.

Once you get to assault phase... bad things happen its on you...

Also, again as I've been told, its why women (settle fown feminist muppets) have a much higher bar to be charged with "assualt". They simple don't present a credible threat to an able nodied male when they are screaming "I'll kill you for. banging my sister" kind of thing.

Someone who is a competent attorney please correct me if I've spoken out of turn... would appreciate the knowledge if I'm off base...

Somewhat similar (more extreme) with merely brandishing a gun. You pull that smoke wagon like Mr Movie Bad *** (hint: people who do aren't), the law says the other party can pull theirs and engage you with kinetics (fancy term for shoot yoir dumb aşş).

Last edited:
Advertisement
I prosecuted a murder case 20 years ago where person A kicked person B in the head (round house kick). Person B left his feet and hit head first on the pavement and died. Person A is serving a life sentence.
**** isn’t worth it.
Ouch.

Person A was the sole aggressor?

Its all fun and games until judge pounds that gavel isn't it?

As I've always been told...

The very act of an able bodied male (possesses reasonable capability), in Florida, making aggressive verbal/physical actions is assault. Laying hands upon adds battery.

Once you get to assault phase... bad things happen its on you...

Someone who is a competent attorney please correct me if I've spoken out of turn... would appreciate the knowledge if I'm off base...

Somewhat similar (more extreme) with merely brandishing a gun. You pull that smoke wagon like Mr Movie Bad *** (hint: people who do aren't), the law says the other party can pull theirs and engage you with kinetics (fancy term for shoot yoir dumb aşş).
Assault is the threat of harm, or the reasonable apprehension of harm by the alleged victim
Battery is the offensive touching.
Aggravated Assault is the threat or attempt with a deadly weapon. think of shooting and missing
Aggravated Battery is the offensive touching but with a deadly weapon. Think of shooting and striking.

Every state is a little different in its definitions but not much.

Advertisement
Back