CFB Rutgers receiver gets knocked the **** out

The victim was dressed as Dirk Diggler from Boogie Nights. Person A was basically a homeless young guy with a group of homeless friends who are referred to within themselves as "squatters". They travel by train and flop from town to town. Witnesses said it was a textbook round house kick. The problem started when person A made fun of person B's costume and person B called person A and his friends squatters. Like certain specific words, its cool if you are one to use it but not cool if you aren't.
The real Dirk Diggler would have laid the smack down👇

Advertisement
I prosecuted a murder case 20 years ago where person A kicked person B in the head (round house kick). Person B left his feet and hit head first on the pavement and died. Person A is serving a life sentence.
**** isn’t worth it.
Either you're a liar, or JCVD is - and one of those revelations would rock my world to its core.

There’s a counter to that. There was a bunch of yelling. The guy who shoved him initiated contact. That’s an actual battery to me. The other guy felt that he was about to get further attacked and put his hands up defensively and the initiator swung on him.

The back story is that they were all playing a pick up, touch football game on the beach on July 4th. The two dudes in question were going hard at each other verbally. Then it picked back up on the street after the game ended. The one dude was charged with Simple Assault (misdemanor). My guess is that its for the shove. So we have some level of agreement there. I do not agree with a battery charge as they were within each other's personal space and the shove was not excessively aggressive. It was more of a "get outa my face, bittch" kinda shove. (my non-lawyerly opinion)

Advertisement
Being favorably compared to a random group of practicing attorneys might not be the compliment you think it is. :troll-dancing:
justin GIF by Beasts of War

Advertisement
Either you're a liar, or JCVD is - and one of those revelations would rock my world to its core.
Well i can tell you the defendant’s name which you can find on the GA Dept of Corrections website if I need to verify any facts.

Advertisement
Well i can tell you the defendant’s name which you can find on the GA Dept of Corrections website if I need to verify any facts.

Really not that hard to believe. Beating deaths are not unheard of. The head bouncing on concrete is obviously a little more rare, but just a few years ago not far from me, a couple of older retired guys started beefing in a movie line, one clocked the other, and you know the rest.

DOA from one punch.

We used to act like idiots when we were younger. I think it that ESPN story, pretty sure it was about a gator football player that punched someone and they died like that

woke me up for sure

Friend of mine, played baseball at Florida, got suckerpunched downtown and fell back on his head.
Had skull fracture and induced coma, almost died.
Never the same, sad, the dude that hit him had bad info and hit wrong guy.

Advertisement
This is how I saw it. They both clearly got into a fighting stance, the guy in the cap was just quicker to the punch.

As a side note, if you must act like a wannabe MMA tough guy, don't get into such a low, crouching fighting stance when you have a clear height/reach advantage on your opponent. You're doing them a big favor dropping your chin into their strike zone like that.
He also did him a big favor dropping his left hand.

I would hate to be the prosecutor on this case. Your initial reaction is to go after the guy who "won" the fight. But winning should not be the deciding factor for the reasons so many of you have already discussed.
Was it mutual combat?
Is this video the conclusion of something that started earlier?
Is this part of everyday life in New Jersey? (my assumption because it's a Rutgers receiver)
Would a jury even care if the case actually went to trial?

I'll put money that this is ultimately resolved with the "winner" doing some community service or taking anger management classes and everything is wiped off his record.
Reminds me of the Oklahoma receiver getting beat up in the bathroom by the MMA fighter. Be careful who you mess with. The receiver in this "fight" is lucky the other guy didn't jump on him after knocking him out.
When 80 billion tourists jam pack the beach towns on the July 4th weekend....
Yes.

Advertisement
Back