Running info on Bama.

Bama is going to well, Bama. Satan will be screaming his head off if we manage a long TD toss. That’s his motis operandi. The longer we can somehow figure out how to manage beyond belief to keep the game “close”, the more his team might tighten up allowing a “has been program” keep it that way. I only state has been because as others have said, lil Nicky does not fear anything we can throw at him. We’ve got to muddy up the game, gets some big chunk plays and hope our OL can somehow manage their pass rush. I really don’t want King rushing much due to the knee. Let him test that out later on in the year. Maybe that will force Lashlee to jet sweeps, screens, more bunched WR sets, etc. Defensively we need to somehow make Baga one-dimensional, hopefully not via rushing but passing more than they would like to do. That could set us up nicely for some TO’s and to blitz Bryce well. He’s not an overly big QB so the more punishment he takes, the better to me.

Advertisement
Their defensive line is deep,talented and big but there's no guy at the moment who can rush the passer and stop the run. If one steps up it'll be Ray.

At lb they have three absolute studs. Anderson is the best player on d and will be a handful. Allen on the other side will also pressure the qb. Harris was probably better than moses last year.

If there's a weakness it's at cb. Jones pretty good as a 2nd corner but now he's the top guy. There's talent but they'll miss surtain.

The safety spot they have 4 studs. Battles the best but they're all really good.

Hopefully they don't find that stud defensive lineman. Either way they're a top 5 defense and will make us earn everything

LOL what is your solution then lol. You are insufferable hahahaha
Get an OL on the level with Bama, UGA, TAMU, Clemson (remember that used to be a thing for our Orange & Green).

King would be in the room for sure on Heisman announcement night.

You could add legit Biletnikoff, Walker, and Mackay contenders as well.

A root cause of our Canes' woes is OL, OL, OL.

Fix that and return of Hurricane glory will be at hand. It isnt that hard.

Lashlee has 9 months to scheme something for Bama, he's faced Saban multiple times. If we can't put up points on Bama then he sucks

On the other side Manny has multiple coaches who have faced Bama with one his deepest teams on the defensive side along with Bama breaking in an entirely new offense if his defense gets gangraped again to a tune of 40+/50+ then just don't bother rest of the season

Am I expecting a win September 7? No but I'm expecting us to at least be competitive and maybe with the slimmest of hope win if everything clicks.

Some notes on changes to running the offense under Bill O'Brien:

This year O’Brien has quarterbacks making line calls that centers ****inson and Owens did so well last year. Big difference: now QB can take us out of wrong run play, rather than just call block assignments for play signaled from sideline. This is a much more complex way to run the same stuff Mac was doing for Sark. So far our QBs are picking it up pretty well and look sharp in practice, especially passing. All are getting lots of reps...pace of practice is much faster than Sark’s, and O’B is positioned on field to supervise and coach all three QBs at same time; big change...no offensive guy hardly ever standing around waiting his turn.

Bryce 1, Tyson 2, Milroe 3 in rotation...all are football smart/savvy, but Milroe has little previous experience with reads associated with pocket pass offense and is way behind the returning QBs at this stage with reads and passing accuracy. His arm strength, speed, build, leadership and ”it” are reminiscent of Jalen Hurts as early enrollee. He likely will progress rapidly and be a great QB here, but not this year.

Bryce was way behind Mac learning the reads last year, but improved all season with practice, and has continued to do so with the new coaches. He is very talented and highly instinctive on the field...very confident.

Tyson appears to know “playbook” best, but needs to demonstrate so on the field against the big boys. He makes all the reads and throws in practice. Did so last year, but needed more work on escapabilty and instinctive play that only comes with experience.

Advertisement
Some notes on changes to running the offense under Bill O'Brien:

This year O’Brien has quarterbacks making line calls that centers ****inson and Owens did so well last year. Big difference: now QB can take us out of wrong run play, rather than just call block assignments for play signaled from sideline. This is a much more complex way to run the same stuff Mac was doing for Sark. So far our QBs are picking it up pretty well and look sharp in practice, especially passing. All are getting lots of reps...pace of practice is much faster than Sark’s, and O’B is positioned on field to supervise and coach all three QBs at same time; big change...no offensive guy hardly ever standing around waiting his turn.

Bryce 1, Tyson 2, Milroe 3 in rotation...all are football smart/savvy, but Milroe has little previous experience with reads associated with pocket pass offense and is way behind the returning QBs at this stage with reads and passing accuracy. His arm strength, speed, build, leadership and ”it” are reminiscent of Jalen Hurts as early enrollee. He likely will progress rapidly and be a great QB here, but not this year.

Bryce was way behind Mac learning the reads last year, but improved all season with practice, and has continued to do so with the new coaches. He is very talented and highly instinctive on the field...very confident.

Tyson appears to know “playbook” best, but needs to demonstrate so on the field against the big boys. He makes all the reads and throws in practice. Did so last year, but needed more work on escapabilty and instinctive play that only comes with experience.
Good. I need Bill O'brien to make the offense as complicated as possible.

Bama loses Jay Graham there TE/ST coach. Appears he resigned out of the blue. Interesting loss in the middle of spring ball.

Probably had some connection to the Pruitt shadiness at Tennessee and Saban kicked him out after the recent Probst accusations against UGA/Bama (not like anything bad would happen to Bama but it gives the appearance of running a clean program).

Lashlee will choke I guarantee it! He hasn't shown me ish in big games. When we get backed up he will resort to the 3 plays and cloud of dust routine.

QB delayed draw,
HB dive
Safe throw for 2 yards
Then punt and Bama starts at our own 35 yard line

same thing he did against Clemson and UNC..

Advertisement
Lashlee will choke I guarantee it! He hasn't shown me ish in big games. When we get backed up he will resort to the 3 plays and cloud of dust routine.

QB delayed draw,
HB dive
Safe throw for 2 yards
Then punt and Bama starts at our own 35 yard line

same thing he did against Clemson and UNC..

He’s gonna choke so bad he’ll even make the best punter in American suck!

No.
2020 Missouri W 38-19
2019 Duke W 42-3
2018 Louisville W 51-14
2017 FSU W 24-7
2016 USC W 52-6
2015 Wisconsin W 35-17
2014 West Virginia W 33-23
2013 Virginia Tech W 35-10
2012 Michigan W 41-14
2011 Kent State W 48-7
2010 San Jose State W 48-3
2009 Virginia Tech 34-24
2008 Clemson W 34-10
2007 Western Carolina W 52-6

No streak lasts forever.
Alabama played all the decent teams on a down year , Louisville after Lamar was gone, fsu when Jameis was gone , duke with out Daniel jones etc

I'm glad this game is #1 on the schedule. With all of Bama's coaching turnover and their usual mass exodus to the NFL, if there's a time to at least keep it close, it's week 1. With that said, Bama by 20+ due to huge talent gap and coaching (even if they aren't firing on all cylinders yet).

We've laid eggs in all big games in recent memory (minus ND/VT in 17) so it's time to shine when the lights are brightest.

I'm glad this game is #1 on the schedule. With all of Bama's coaching turnover and their usual mass exodus to the NFL, if there's a time to at least keep it close, it's week 1. With that said, Bama by 20+ due to huge talent gap and coaching (even if they aren't firing on all cylinders yet).

We've laid eggs in all big games in recent memory (minus ND/VT in 17) so it's time to shine when the lights are brightest.
I'm not getting my hopes up but wow..... what a win that would be if we can pull it off. It would set the world of college football on fire. **** Bama. **** anyone who wants to be down with Bama. Chino XL, **** you too.

Advertisement
No one and I mean no one can shut Bama down. They will put up points.

Our only chance in **** is to put up points and keep it close. Several teams showed last year that you can score on Bama, and we need to do the same in order to have a chance. Open up the playbook Lash and let &hit fly. Play aggressive. Got absolutely nothing to lose.

But if we play conservative, timid ball, we will get absolutely killed.

Lashlee has 9 months to scheme something for Bama, he's faced Saban multiple times. If we can't put up points on Bama then he sucks

On the other side Manny has multiple coaches who have faced Bama with one his deepest teams on the defensive side along with Bama breaking in an entirely new offense if his defense gets gangraped again to a tune of 40+/50+ then just don't bother rest of the season

Am I expecting a win September 7? No but I'm expecting us to at least be competitive and maybe with the slimmest of hope win if everything clicks.
Let's revisit after the game...

I very much want you to be abke to spike the ball on any doubters.

Go Canes.

Advertisement
CAPtivating response! You still counting your likes on a message board

The insecurities you carry around because literally no one cares what you think makes me sad for you.

Do I’m gonna upvote your post so you know “Hey, I heard you. You matter.”.

Just a note: Metchie must be banged up from last fall. He is one of the players noted as likely NOT seeing much if any action this spring....
Doesn’t matter. We literally have nobody on this roster tat can cover him with or without practice.

Some notes on practice after yesterday's 3rd practice (from acknowledged Bama insider):

OL: First team LT Evan Neal, LG Tommy Brown, C Chris Owens, RG Javion Cohen, RT Damieon George.
Second Team LT Kight, LG Terrence Ferguson, C Darrion Dalcourt, RG Tanner Bowles, RT JC Latham.

WR: First team Xavier, Bolden, Baker. Second team Holden, Jones-Bell, Hall. Next group Lanier, Brooks, Leary. It is early but Hall could be “The guy” that steps up next!!! He is fast and long.

QB: Bryce Young getting almost all First Team reps. Paul Tyson getting second team reps, some first team. Milroe has talent but figuring stuff out.

RB: Brian R, Jase M, Keilan R, Roydell W, and Kyle Edwards in order. Trey Sanders not taking reps; working back thru drills.

Probably had some connection to the Pruitt shadiness at Tennessee and Saban kicked him out after the recent Probst accusations against UGA/Bama (not like anything bad would happen to Bama but it gives the appearance of running a clean program).

Advertisement
Back