Rumph

Rumph should be canned. He was half assed when he played for the Skins to the point one of the DC announcers blasted the **** out of him in one game where he had numerous dumb mistakes.Figures he’d be half assed as a coach.

Advertisement
The problem with Rumph is that most people stereotyped him when he was hired as a "recruiter." He is really more of a coach than a recruiter. He turned Colbert from washout to NFL starter, pushed Elder from good to great, and developed Jackson into a legit NFL prospect.

And even though he hasn't been much of a salesman, our CB recruiting is fine. Bandy, Ivey, Blades and Frierson are all four-stars. Couch is a committed four star. This isn't like the Golden or Shannon era. We have high Power 5 corners.

The problem with Rumph is that most people stereotyped him when he was hired as a "recruiter." He is really more of a coach than a recruiter. He turned Colbert from washout to NFL starter, pushed Elder from good to great, and developed Jackson into a legit NFL prospect.

And even though he hasn't been much of a salesman, our CB recruiting is fine. Bandy, Ivey, Blades and Frierson are all four-stars. Couch is a committed four star. This isn't like the Golden or Shannon era. We have high Power 5 corners.
Exactly they just spewing that bullsh*t

But if it was Hartley or Banda that lost them you would be *****ing and moaning about the BAGMAN!

Who has Dumph ever recruited? Blades was a lay down...so was Bandy. Banda was the main guy for Gil and Ivey. Dumph hasn’t won one major recruiting battle in his career.
It’s hard to argue he’s a good coach either when the CBs are being burned by walk ons from Wisky and scrubs from Duke/GTech. Jackson is the lone bright spot of his coaching career at UM. A guy he didn’t recruit though. Colbert is a FS in the NFL.

Banda has recruited Gil, Ivey, Carter, and Hall. He’s got the 2nd highest rated player in the class, Smith coming in.
I also don’t think anyone would argue that Johnson and Redwine have consistently at least met if not exceeded expectations as 3/4 star guys on the field.
The other guys like Smith and Finley recruited for S are now filling another position on the field. You can say what you will. However, the lack of depth and experience at CB almost forced Diaz to implement the striker role vs using more Nickel packages. Dumph needs to go.

Who has Dumph ever recruited? Blades was a lay down...so was Bandy. Banda was the main guy for Gil and Ivey. Dumph hasn’t won one major recruiting battle in his career.
It’s hard to argue he’s a good coach either when the CBs are being burned by walk ons from Wisky and scrubs from Duke/GTech. Jackson is the lone bright spot of his coaching career at UM. A guy he didn’t recruit though. Colbert is a FS in the NFL.

Banda has recruited Gil, Ivey, Carter, and Hall. He’s got the 2nd highest rated player in the class, Smith coming in.
I also don’t think anyone would argue that Johnson and Redwine have consistently at least met if not exceeded expectations as 3/4 star guys on the field.
The other guys like Smith and Finley recruited for S are now filling another position on the field. You can say what you will. However, the lack of depth and experience at CB almost forced Diaz to implement the striker role vs using more Nickel packages. Dumph needs to go.
And what are any of those guys doing that you give Banda credit for?

Advertisement
The problem with Rumph is that most people stereotyped him when he was hired as a "recruiter." He is really more of a coach than a recruiter. He turned Colbert from washout to NFL starter, pushed Elder from good to great, and developed Jackson into a legit NFL

Bingo I was told he’s a excellent X and Os coach just don’t expect great recruiting. So when he failed a AH kids we flipped out because that’s why we thought he was hired.

I’m not worried about our DBs at all. They would look a lot better if we ever had a lead in a game. Instead we are always in a dog fight and they can’t just play loose.

I like Bandy but he was exposed on that TD play. MJ is overrated. Dean has not progressed.

Bottomline: Rumph is suspect as ****. He can't coach or recruit.
Then he is not suspect,just remember pedafile st burning his ***

Advertisement
Then he is not suspect,just remember pedafile st burning his ***
Say what ? You talking about the game where we were up **** near 30 to nuthin at halftime? How many pass break ups or tackles did YOU have in that game? What round did you get drafted in?

Are you kidding? How about Mallory and Brevin.
What about em? And those are the only two? I always laughed how yall pretend to be so ecstatic every time Hartley lands some 3 star, then proceed to declare said 3 star a underrated " BEAST " due for a ratings bump lol

Advertisement
What about em? And those are the only two? I always laughed how yall pretend to be so ecstatic every time Hartley lands some 3 star, then proceed to declare said 3 star a underrated " BEAST " due for a ratings bump lol

He is the only guy on the team to bring in the number 1 anything at any position. TE isn't like WR or CB where you are recruiting multiple guys every season. How many TEs did you want harley to bring in 15? THe guy brought in the number 1 and number 8 TE IN THE SAME YEAR. That is insane and to top it off he was in all likelihood to land another top 4 TE in the country in zipperer the year after, but the season fell apart. Rumph had one of the best seasons UM had in 16 years and couldn't land 2 kids he coached since they were kids.

Say what ? You talking about the game where we were up **** near 30 to nuthin at halftime? How many pass break ups or tackles did YOU have in that game? What round did you get drafted in?
So just overlook the bad plays and coaching n recruiting, OK I gotcha

Moved up North and have watched some Michigan games. Their LBs fill holes and tackle. Their DBs are in position. Their Oline blocks, and their QB is accurate. OC runs more than 8 plays. Also, they appear physically bigger. To tell the truth, they are what I expected this year. Makes me realize how incredibly far we have regressed. And they have motion and shifts

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back