Rumph and his coaching effect on our secondary in 2020

Hopefully if he can't step up, there's someone nipping at his heals itching to see playing time.

Hopefully, at this point, A LOT of the youth starts taking over both sides of the ball. Of the players we saw (extensively) on D last year that are returning this year, the only ones I feel great about are Blades and Bolden.

For the offense, Harris and Jordan. No one else has proven anything yet as far as I'm concerned.

Advertisement
Dude could look like Honey Badger this season for all I care. Nothing erases that. He's the kid who **** his pants in 3rd grade.

People don't forget.
Ask Rumph or Reed about Chaffe Fields. Or Tolbert Bain or Reggie Sutton about Doug Flutie. Cornerbacks by their nature have to be more resilient and forget. Only ******** don't forget.

Ask Rumph or Reed about Chaffe Fields. Or Tolbert Bain or Reggie Sutton about Doug Flutie. Cornerbacks by their nature have to be more resilient and forget. Only ******** don't forget.

Well, I'm not a CB, and neither is 99.9999999% of people that watch. So, this comment is completely pointless.

I'm sure you've totally forgotten that play, otherwise, you'd be an *******, right?

Well, I'm not a CB, and neither is 99.9999999% of people that watch. So, this comment is completely pointless.

I'm sure you've totally forgotten that play, otherwise, you'd be an *******, right?
I only remember when someone brings it up. I don't obsess over it.

It's time to get over it and see how things go. It's a new season.

Advertisement
I have a theory about Rumph's coaching, which will be put to the test over the next month. His perceived lack of recruiting prowess (reality or otherwise) aside, he has been kept on the staff because he has been a good CB coach. My hope is that we will see the aggregate effect of his coaching on Blades and Ivey and their backups.

Rumph still has his job because he DOES know how to develop CB talent, so my prediction is that our CB's, especially the starters, will have an outstanding season. IF this is the case (please see 2017/18') and if our pass rush is anywhere close to what we believe it will be, our D really does have an opportunity to go over the top and be a truly elite squad with the ability to at least keep us in the Clemson game for 3 quarters, if not pull off the W.

If this Rumph theory is correct for these CB's this year, man, anything is possible for the Canes this season.
Well, there goes that hot take in flames. Have any other bright ideas?

Sure, I was hoping to collect some sarcasm.
Sorry bud, I didn’t mean it in a bad way. Rumph is a Cane and a great one at that. I also had high hopes for Ivey due to his measurables, but he ain’t that!
Blades has no where near the measurables or talent Blades does.. YET Blades makes plays.. Ivey does not. On the college, never has and never will. He just doesn’t have it. Ivey can’t cover a blanket. He’s awful and more importantly so is Rumph.

Advertisement
Sorry bud, I didn’t mean it in a bad way. Rumph is a Cane and a great one at that. I also had high hopes for Ivey due to his measurables, but he ain’t that!
Blades has no where near the measurables or talent Blades does.. YET Blades makes plays.. Ivey does not. On the college, never has and never will. He just doesn’t have it. Ivey can’t cover a blanket. He’s awful and more importantly so is Rumph.
Blades does not make pays.

@CashMoneyCane i hate you for unearthing this feel-good attempt of a thread lol. Only other thing OP should have done was mention that if the Rumph effect adversely impacts the team (Like it did tonight), his *** needs to be on notice. @filmcane You ain’t wrong but we will see if Rumph listens to his inner future unemployed self and trots Poison Ivey back out there against Lou next week. Then we will know that he clearly does not give AF about winning or keeping his job.

Advertisement
Hopefully, at this point, A LOT of the youth starts taking over both sides of the ball. Of the players we saw (extensively) on D last year that are returning this year, the only ones I feel great about are Blades and Bolden.

For the offense, Harris and Jordan. No one else has proven anything yet as far as I'm concerned.
It sure looks like Ivey didn't take that next step. Maybe Couch or Williams is ready to step up.

I'm assuming this is a link to a page about the difference between one word and two words, but I've been up on that since about the first grade.

Thanks though!
The sooner you get up on the fact that this is a football blog and not and not you trying to be a 3rd grade english professor, the faster you might be able to learn football.

Advertisement
The sooner you get up on the fact that this is a football blog and not and not you trying to be a 3rd grade english professor, the faster you might be able to learn football.

Right? I really need to learn about football. Can you explain to me how great Ivey played last night? Allowing a bad TD and getting absolutely beaten like a drum on a pass that was underthrown by five yards.

That's good right?

You come back at me after the game in which Ivey looked like the worst player on the field and you sound like a complete fool.

Ivey will never be a good corner because of his ability. U can't coach the suck out of him
Couch tracked that kid down and made a play. That’s something ivy won’t do.
Dunson Williams and couch are really good athletes

It sure looks like Ivey didn't take that next step. Maybe Couch or Williams is ready to step up.

No. He's great. @Calvin says I just need to learn about football. Apparently what you want in a CB is giving up easy TD's because you don't look for the ball in the air and being five yards away from the receiver you're covering at all times.

Advertisement
Back