Rumph and his coaching effect on our secondary in 2020

And Mike Jack took a step back his Sr yr. -Dean sucked
-Delaney went from a 4th round grade at The Citadel, to not mentioned at all.
-Bandy got progressively worst each season after his great frosh yr
-Ivey was for sure up & down, but mostly down

Blades has been solid & knows when to turn his head

Ppl keep hedging their bets on Rumph b/c of Colbert. Mike is an OK coach, but let’s not act like he’s some DB whisperer.
If the DL don’t get a pass rush, those DBs get smoked & have a propensity of not turning their heads.

Blades is phenomenal; anxiously waiting to see about Williams & Couch’s development
You can say this about any defense, at any level.

Advertisement
I know you two got real close that summer on the mountain but those aren’t the kind of ball skills that our DBs need.

I know you two got real close that summer on the mountain but those aren’t the kind of ball skills that our DBs need.
Real Brilliant remark....known Mike for 23yrs...Bottomline is....you're wrong....

I can't remember which game, but there was one where Ivey got burned for a TD last season and took a lot of heat for it. He got noticeable better from there. Sometimes it takes one event to force someone to get their head straight.
GTech. He was absolutely burned for a TD pass and than burned the same game on a fake punt pass, the gunner ran right by him. From watching the Receptions we gave up, Blades looked to put up the biggest fight. A lot of Ivey’s allowed receptions he was nowhere in the vicinity of where he should be.

GTech. He was absolutely burned for a TD pass and than burned the same game on a fake punt pass, the gunner ran right by him. From watching the Receptions we gave up, Blades looked to put up the biggest fight. A lot of Ivey’s allowed receptions he was nowhere in the vicinity of where he should be.
That would be the one. It was the fake punt that really ****ed everyone off.

Anyway, he seemed to take that to heart and improve from that point.

Advertisement
It's comical hearing people complain about talent development but can't see it taking place right before the eyes. His best game last year was that Virginia game and the work he put in on that senior widereceiver Dubois. All our young guys in that secondary made their mark that game against a veteran qb and veteran widereceivers. One things for certain, ivey's is the type of db we always won championships with, his mindset is True Miami, him and Blades, the Great part about those 2 is this, they are the first 2 corners that coach rumph has groomed from True freshmen to 3rd year players, to play and start at the same time, with 2 strong sophomores coming behind them.

We good on the back end:

Right? I remember winning so many championships with guys who just stood there and let dudes run by them for touchdowns.

Hallmark of championship teams.

That would be the one. It was the fake punt that really ****ed everyone off.

Anyway, he seemed to take that to heart and improve from that point.
That fake punt should have rescinded his scholly.

That was literally, without any question, the worst play I have ever seen a Miami Hurricane be part of in 30 years of watching the team. I don't care what he thought he was supposed to do or what he thought might happen. He let his guy run right by him to the end zone and didn't do a **** thing.

You never come back from that.

That fake punt should have rescinded his scholly.

That was literally, without any question, the worst play I have ever seen a Miami Hurricane be part of in 30 years of watching the team. I don't care what he thought he was supposed to do or what he thought might happen. He let his guy run right by him to the end zone and didn't do a **** thing.

You never come back from that.
It definitely shook him and it was absolutely horrible. He did play better after that though.

I'd love nothing more than for that to be completely erased by a stellar season.

Advertisement
It definitely shook him and it was absolutely horrible. He did play better after that though.

I'd love nothing more than for that to be completely erased by a stellar season.

Dude could look like Honey Badger this season for all I care. Nothing erases that. He's the kid who **** his pants in 3rd grade.

People don't forget.

Dude could look like Honey Badger this season for all I care. Nothing erases that. He's the kid who **** his pants in 3rd grade.

People don't forget.
It wouldn't have made it a bit of difference last season. It was a throwaway no matter how you look at it. Nothing on defense was going to overcome the offense.

Ball out this season and he's good with me.

It wouldn't have made it a bit of difference last season. It was a throwaway no matter how you look at it. Nothing on defense was going to overcome the offense.

Ball out this season and he's good with me.

I hear you, but I also don't think it works that way. The play in and of itself was indicative of the team last season. Not sure what to do? F--K IT! Just stand there!

All the excuses for the D based on how atrocious the O was are reasonable, but they share plenty of blame for giving up as well.

As with all things Miami since roughly 2004, I'm continuing to assume the worst until proven otherwise.

Another rumph thread? Yawn...
In my pre-Maude days, not long ago, I would just go at this OP for being annoying AF because this is what he does, or he’d ask you and Dwins what your sources are saying about a recruit, but now I just have to watch and smh.

Advertisement
Right? I remember winning so many championships with guys who just stood there and let dudes run by them for touchdowns.

Hallmark of championship teams.
Obviously you don't understand or know much about football, if you think that one play, against G-tech was ivey's fault, on special teams, you have much to learn about football. And obviously you don't have an eye for talent. But don't worry, you are not alone, there are many in here who don't know WTF they talking about when it comes to football, it's not like in the old days, we got alot more women now who know more about football than several posters in here.

Even if you've never played the game, you should at least start to understand situational football. The worst part was hearing a headcoach, I don't give a damyum if he's a 1st or 20 year headcoach, he became moronic by saying "we went over that about 30mins before it happened" if anybody believes that non-sense, carry-on! Let's see if coach diaz understands to protect his players this year, or is he in it to try and make himself and his boys look good. All he had to say is, "we gotta do a better job of coaching and communicating what we wanted in that situation". But that **** chose the hoe *** route, let's see if he redeems himself this year!

I hear you, but I also don't think it works that way. The play in and of itself was indicative of the team last season. Not sure what to do? F--K IT! Just stand there!

All the excuses for the D based on how atrocious the O was are reasonable, but they share plenty of blame for giving up as well.

As with all things Miami since roughly 2004, I'm continuing to assume the worst until proven otherwise.
I understand your point and I share it. I've spent too much energy holding grudges. If he earns my respect, I'll give it to him.

I certainly won't begrudge anyone for not agreeing with me.

Obviously you don't understand or know much about football, if you think that one play, against G-tech was ivey's fault, on special teams, you have much to learn about football. And obviously you don't have an eye for talent. But don't worry, you are not alone, there are many in here who don't know WTF they talking about when it comes to football, it's not like in the old days, we got alot more women now who know more about football than several posters in here.

Even if you've never played the game, you should at least start to understand situational football. The worst part was hearing a headcoach, I don't give a damyum if he's a 1st or 20 year headcoach, he became moronic by saying "we went over that about 30mins before it happened" if anybody believes that non-sense, carry-on! Let's see if coach diaz understands to protect his players this year, or is he in it to try and make himself and his boys look good. All he had to say is, "we gotta do a better job of coaching and communicating what we wanted in that situation". But that **** chose the hoe *** route, let's see if he redeems himself this year!

I know enough about football to know "head coach" is actually two words.

But please, enlighten me about your DECADES of experience coaching D1 football.

I can't wait to hear all about it.

Advertisement
I understand your point and I share it. I've spent too much energy holding grudges. If he earns my respect, I'll give it to him.

I certainly won't begrudge anyone for not agreeing with me.

I'm not gonna begrudge anyone that puts on orange and green and puts their body on the line to play the game, for us to watch, UNLESS they do something deliberately to hurt the team or program (see Ray Armstrong, Quan, Figueroa/Blue, et al).

I'm also really not into bashing players. I'm not gonna hate on Ivey because of who he is, talk $#!+ about him as a person, etc. But as a football player, he's about as useful as Ryan Ragone right now.

Dude needs to step it up HUGE or lose his spot. He got so much burn last year because of depth at CB. If he plays anywhere near the same this year, he needs to ride pine.

I'm not gonna begrudge anyone that puts on orange and green and puts their body on the line to play the game, for us to watch, UNLESS they do something deliberately to hurt the team or program (see Ray Armstrong, Quan, Figueroa/Blue, et al).

I'm also really not into bashing players. I'm not gonna hate on Ivey because of who he is, talk $#!+ about him as a person, etc. But as a football player, he's about as useful as Ryan Ragone right now.

Dude needs to step it up HUGE or lose his spot. He got so much burn last year because of depth at CB. If he plays anywhere near the same this year, he needs to ride pine.
Hopefully if he can't step up, there's someone nipping at his heals itching to see playing time.

Advertisement
Back