Rumph alludes to spots filling up in 2018

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Miami cornerbacks coach Mike Rumph spoke on the momentum of the 2018 recruiting class and alluded to the fact that spots are filling up quickly.

"I think it's awesome. We've got some really good kids and they're national kids. They're starting to believe in the University of Miami. Once that starts, it's a downhill effect where down the line, it's going to be hard for kids to come because we're going to have so many really good kids in front of them. Coach Richt talks about it all the time, as far as just being a good recruiter and staying tenacious and staying on top of the kids. This staff has done a great job and taught me a lot as far as doing those things well too."

[INSTAGRAM]BSeMznZAvPB[/INSTAGRAM]

Last edited:
Advertisement
What Rumph did as a player here combined with what he's STARTING to do as a coach.....

Don't look now, but my man is moving his way on up the list of all time great Canes

In 2 years our starting secondary could look like Blades and Campbell at corner with Jobe n Hall at safety......... let that marinate

Advertisement
I think people had unrealistic expectations for Rumph as a recruiter in year one. That's a skill set that needs to be honed just as any other. If that's something he's never done before how can you expect him to come in and do it at an elite level or as good as guys who've been doing it for decades? He'll get better with experience. I think he's already proved himself as a coach; but once he finds his recruiting groove we'll have another elite asset on our staff.

Funny how quickly things change.

It nice to see it be a positive change, but even better that it's happening to a true Miami Hurricane like Rumph.

I just can't wait until our recruiting brand is so skrong its not just the national kids we are talking about, but the international ones too.

Advertisement
In 2 years our starting secondary could look like Blades and Campbell at corner with Jobe n Hall at safety......... let that marinate

Campbell is not a future canes! He is going to Clemson or LSU! Jobe
will most likely flip in early 2018!

I would be surprise if Campbell, Surtain, and Jobe sign with the U. Please, don't blame Rumph, because we offered and they will decide to follow the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

gtr.jpg

Advertisement

I smell a troll and for a troll I share a special message:
200w (5).gif

Attachments

• tumblr_n7bnnx05t71qeablwo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_n7bnnx05t71qeablwo1_1280.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Advertisement
Going to be nice when elite recruits are willing to come here and sit the bench or play special teams for 2 years until it's their turn to shine. The Alabama luxury lol

View attachment 44042

Yup... Gayturds are feeling the effects of our success and their failures in recruiting and they're starting to crack. Another commit or or 2 and they'll become completely unhinged...and that's when the fun really begins.

Advertisement
Back